Old 04-13-2010, 12:32 PM   #76
tootergray34
Impact Rookie

Re: Big Ben off the hook again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
when he was in 4th grade? haha

and LOL @ warpaint's reply
yeah...over by the water fountain...he was almost forcing himself on them. hahahahahahaha

Advertisements
Old 04-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #77
tootergray34
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
[/B]

See this is where I think Goodell is on questionable ground. You are calling Big Ben a repeat offender but he hasn't been arrested for either case. Suspending players for bad press? That sounds like a softball for an attorney if you ask me. I think there is a big difference when someone is arrested over and over again and not convicted as opposed to just being accused.

I think it is a very bad precedent to suspend players on accusations alone. I know this last case smells but what is next, you suspend players for staring too long at the cheerleaders?
Yeah, cause the commish isn't a moron, he knows Big Ben is an idiot and stupid as a box of rocks. Everybody knows Big Ben has done something wrong here, and the commish wants to and SHOULD make an example out of him, who knows, maybe it will get a 27 year old man out of COLLEGE bars in the middle of Georgia. But i'm waiting for a million more of these things to happen to Big Ben then have him admit he has a sex addiction...just like Tiger...
Old 04-13-2010, 12:46 PM   #78
TheBackupKicker
Camp Scrub

I hope Roger Goodell takes his head out of bens ass and suspends this serial rapist

B Marshall stats the last 3 seasons
2009- 101 catches 1120 yards
2008- 104 catches 1265 yards
2007- 102 catches 1325 yards

LETS GO CAPS
Old 04-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #79
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBackupKicker View Post
I hope Roger Goodell takes his head out of bens ass and suspends this serial rapist
See this is an ignorant statement. Were you there? Are you an expert on rape cases? He wasn't even arrested but you are qualified to label him as a serial rapist?

Come on now.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #80
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
[/B]

See this is where I think Goodell is on questionable ground. You are calling Big Ben a repeat offender but he hasn't been arrested for either case. Suspending players for bad press? That sounds like a softball for an attorney if you ask me. I think there is a big difference when someone is arrested over and over again and not convicted as opposed to just being accused.

I think it is a very bad precedent to suspend players on accusations alone. I know this last case smells but what is next, you suspend players for staring too long at the cheerleaders?
It's not based on accusations, it's based on facts.

Facts such as:

*He's repeatedly using bad judgment, from the motorcycle to these multiple sexual assault claims. Bad personal conduct means bad press for the team, the league and all athletes who will be stereotyped because of the actions of a prominent player.

*He's voluntarily putting himself in these situations and in with these crowds. He's choosing to be put in compromising situations.

*This is not the first time he's been involved in a situation like this, whether pursued legally or not. The "wrong place, wrong time" defense only works once. After that, it becomes a pattern of behavior. His two accusations/incidents were not too far apart, time-wise either. It doesn't appear he's learned from his previous mess, or even his motorcycle accident. Sure, it was an "accident", but he doesn't seem to value his career or realize he's an asset of the team that needs to be protected.

*Other players have been punished for far less-severe situations. Just because law enforcement or the legal system doesn't spell out a decision, that doesn't mean no crime was committed. In this case, there was apparently "not enough evidence to prosecute and win a case" according to the DA. We really don't have to bring up OJ or Kobe Bryant, do we? Although there was not enough evidence to go forward with a case, there WAS a lot of evidence that Ben acted without any common sense, possibly morals and many of the facts that were present (age, condition of victim, the location of her bruises with a "oh she just fell down and bruised her vagina" explanation from him. The facts that were there point to something very bad for Roethlisberger, they just claimed they couldn't find enough of these.

I do realize there are false accusations and the Duke debacle should have taught us all a lesson...but when someone is repeatedly finding themselves put into defending themselves against the same accusation, perhaps the individual needs to evaluate their life and decisions they're making. A suspension might push Ben to do this whether he's guilty or not. No matter what the legal outcome was, he is hurting the team and league with his decisions and lack of caring (or common sense).

It may not even take a decision by Goodell to give him some time off. The Rooneys and Steelers are considering doing it themselves and after trading Holmes for equally-stupid but less severe offenses...they're serious.

Steelers ponder suspension of Roethlisberger

It seems like they're preparing for the worst-case scenario and not having Roethlisberger permanently...they just re-signed the ancient Charlie Batch for 2 more years.

Steelers' Batch accepts two-year deal
Old 04-13-2010, 12:57 PM   #81
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
It's not based on accusations, it's based on facts.

Facts such as:

*He's repeatedly using bad judgment, from the motorcycle to these multiple sexual assault claims. Bad personal conduct means bad press for the team, the league and all athletes who will be stereotyped because of the actions of a prominent player.

*He's voluntarily putting himself in these situations and in with these crowds. He's choosing to be put in compromising situations.

*This is not the first time he's been involved in a situation like this, whether pursued legally or not. The "wrong place, wrong time" defense only works once. After that, it becomes a pattern of behavior. His two accusations/incidents were not too far apart, time-wise either. It doesn't appear he's learned from his previous mess, or even his motorcycle accident. Sure, it was an "accident", but he doesn't seem to value his career or realize he's an asset of the team that needs to be protected.

*Other players have been punished for far less-severe situations. Just because law enforcement or the legal system doesn't spell out a decision, that doesn't mean no crime was committed. In this case, there was apparently "not enough evidence to prosecute and win a case" according to the DA. We really don't have to bring up OJ or Kobe Bryant, do we?

It may not even take a decision by Goodell to give him some time off. The Rooneys and Steelers are considering doing it themselves and after trading Holmes for equally-stupid but less severe offenses...they're serious.

Steelers ponder suspension of Roethlisberger

It seems like they're preparing for the worst-case scenario and not having Roethlisberger permanently...they just re-signed the ancient Charlie Batch for 2 more years.

Steelers' Batch accepts two-year deal

I don't know how riding a motorcycle warrants a suspension. The woman out west has no credibility.

This situation is bad but my point is that Goodell is looking for legal trouble if he starts suspending people because they are accused of things. Especially when the accusers are not willing to pursue the matter past the accusation.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #82
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
I don't know how riding a motorcycle warrants a suspension. The woman out west has no credibility.

This situation is bad but my point is that Goodell is looking for legal trouble if he starts suspending people because they are accused of things. Especially when the accusers are not willing to pursue the matter past the accusation.
a. No one said riding a motorcycle warrants a suspension. Wrecking one with NO HELMET, whether the Governor OK'd it or not with a controversial law. It goes back to "protecting the team's investment" and personal responsibility. That was his first of many boneheaded decisions, I wouldn't expect that alone to get him suspended, but when discussing his overall track record or irresponsibility, it's included.

b. She may have no credibility but after how many women can we continue to side with him? This second case had a lot more evidence pointing to it possibly happening. After a first false accusation (if it was), why wasn't he a little more careful where he went and who he associated with? Back to needing to be taught how to conduct himself as a professional.

Goodell will not face any legal issues if he suspends anyone for anything. It's a private business that can control its employees any way it deems necessary, just as any other company. He may face Union pushback, but legally, other than possibly violating contracts if it was really pursued, he wouldn't have to worry about anything. If you conduct yourself in a horrible way that makes your company look bad, you'd probably just be fired outright. Ben would be lucky just to get a month off compared to the rest of us.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:13 PM   #83
TheBackupKicker
Camp Scrub

Quote:
See this is an ignorant statement. Were you there? Are you an expert on rape cases? He wasn't even arrested but you are qualified to label him as a serial rapist?

Come on now.
hes been accused of rape over 3 times now

if you cant see that hes a rapist u r ignorant and stupid

LETS GO CAPS
Old 04-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #84
TheBackupKicker
Camp Scrub

Quote:

Come on now.
just in case if you try to defend ur boy about being accussed 3 times

Boston attorney says he investigated another Roethlisberger incident | ProFootballTalk.com

LETS GO CAPS
Old 04-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #85
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
hes been accused of rape over 3 times now

if you cant see that hes a rapist u r ignorant and stupid

Wow, you really made your case with that response. "Over three times". I am aware of two. What are the other 2 plus cases that I am not aware of and that law enforcement has chosen to ignore?

Enlighten me...
Old 04-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #86
TheBackupKicker
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Wow, you really made your case with that response. "Over three times". I am aware of two. What are the other 2 plus cases that I am not aware of and that law enforcement has chosen to ignore?

Enlighten me...
post #84

LETS GO CAPS
Old 04-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #87
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:

Boston attorney says he investigated another Roethlisberger incident | ProFootballTalk.com

Don't be too confident if that's your source (PFT.com).
Old 04-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #88
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:

He isn't my boy in fact I would rather have Big Ben off the field because it helps the Redskins goal. But I have a problem with someone being labeled a serial rapist when they have never been arrested for a single sexual crime.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:25 PM   #89
TheBackupKicker
Camp Scrub

Quote:
He isn't my boy in fact I would rather have Big Ben off the field because it helps the Redskins goal. But I have a problem with someone being labeled a serial rapist when they have never been arrested for a single sexual crime.
I have a problem with him getting away with it everytime

LETS GO CAPS
Old 04-13-2010, 01:32 PM   #90
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
post #84
Hey Perry Mason, I hate to burst your bubble but your post was "over 3 times". Over 3 would mean 4 or more.

So now you are citing a PFT report on a case which basically appeared out of thin air and we know zero details of.

I have said over and over again that I think Big Ben did something wrong in GA but to call him a serial rapist is just plain ignorant.
Closed Thread