Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Warpath $$ league & Warpath FF are open

Fantasy Football

Old 08-31-2011, 11:51 PM   #76
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Warpath $$ league & Warpath FF are open

[EDIT: Just went back to yahoo and saw the discussion - see my post below. Much of this still relevant so I am just going to let it stand. I didn't know the discussion to make changes had taken place or that the changes had actually been made shortly prior to the draft]
Matty, it looks like you changed the Money League settings also. I REALLY object to that. Last year, I drafted a QB high, and, b/c I failed to check the settings I did not realize the QB TD's were only 4 points and pass yards 50. This year, I specifically and continually checked the settings pre-draft (last time, I think, less than 3 hours before the draft) to make sure the settings were the same as last year. The changes say they were made two days ago, but I don't recall them being there when I checked pre-draft.

I hate being a dick (really) but, under these settings, no way do I wait until Round 8/9 to choose Kolb/Bradford as my QB's. I had a shot at Brady, Vick, Schaub or Ryan in the second round and, under these settings drafted on of them.

Just yesterday you were upset that people were requesting late changes b/c they failed to check the settings. [EDIT: Now I understand what you were talking about, it confused me b/c I had not received any e-mails and nothing was posted here to indicate that changes at such a late date were even a possibility!! We had had the same damn settings for over a month!!] I DID check the settings [EDIT: I did not check them moments before the draft] and based my draft research on it. I specifically went for the extra WR in the draft b/c the league was a PPR with a downgraded QB position[EDIT: all last year and until at least noonish on the day of the draft] [EDIT: Not only is the QB position up-powered, the yardage settings were changed to give them more value, reducing the PPR aspect of the league]. The settings should be changed back to the pre-draft settings. I checked them regularly and based my draft on them. You were right, last second changes suck and shouldn't happen. Please set them back.

I know Commishing can be a bitch and I appreciate all you do, but, right at this moment, pretty f'ing pissed at the situation.

I request that the settings be changed back to what they were from July (when the invite was set) until noon of August 29th.

Last edited by JoeRedskin; 09-01-2011 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Gained additional information affecting statements within the post.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-01-2011, 12:00 AM   #77
JoeRedskin

Okay, I just saw the posts. Clearly, I missed the discussion. I guess I f'd myself. But as I count the votes it was 4 to 4 with on the changes. Further, since I hadn't changed it, I suggest my July 16th vote of "No Changes" should count as an against.

Still pissed but I guess it's my own damn fault for not checking to see if the settings got changed moments before the draft. Sorry, I call BS on this one. I wasn't even aware the discussion was taking place.

[EDIT: The reason I didn't partake in the discussion was b/c we had flooded basement which I spent most of Monday cleaning up. Guess it was an even suckier Monday than I thought].

Last edited by JoeRedskin; 09-01-2011 at 05:53 AM.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:10 AM   #78
MTK
\m/

I think next year someone else can run the league.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #79
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Okay, I just saw the posts. Clearly, I missed the discussion. I guess I f'd myself. But as I count the votes it was 4 to 4 with on the changes. Further, since I hadn't changed it, I suggest my July 16th vote of "No Changes" should count as an against.

Still pissed but I guess it's my own damn fault for not checking to see if the settings got changed moments before the draft. Sorry, I call BS on this one. I wasn't even aware the discussion was taking place.

[EDIT: The reason I didn't partake in the discussion was b/c we had flooded basement which I spent most of Monday cleaning up. Guess it was an even suckier Monday than I thought].
I'll have to check again but I thought there was a majority with the votes.

Make sure your email is up to date and you are set to receive league emails. You should receive emails anytime someone posts a message.

Last edited by MTK; 09-01-2011 at 08:18 AM.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #80
FRPLG
MVP

I think it's real simple. Once you set up the league you don't change the settings. Changing scoring settings on a FF league so close to or after the draft isn't kosher. I didn't see any discussion anywhere about the scoring for the free league. I don't truly care since it's free but I can see why JR is pissed. Relying on people to know a online discussion is taking place on such an important issue (in a pay league) is rolling the dice big time.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #81
FRPLG
MVP

Plus I'd vote that at least these types of discussion take place HERE on the warpath rather than on Yahoo's message board.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #82
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I think next year someone else can run the league.
I know it's a hassle and I DO appreciate the work involved running the $$ League.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #83
JoeRedskin

Quote:
I'll have to check again but I thought there was a majority with the votes.
I think if you look, not everyone participated in the discussion. I think, certainly on the day of the draft when it comes to settings, a non-vote should count as a NO vote.

Quote:
Make sure your email is up to date and you are set to receive league emails. You should receive emails anytime someone posts a message.
I'll check again. I received the notice of the draft but not notices that people posted messages. Even if it had been set, however, the day of the draft I was busy bailing water from a clogged sewer line. Not sure when the change happened but I was only on-line sporadically during the day.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #84
JoeRedskin

Okay I just went back and checked:

Voting yes:
55 La Flam Blanca/Adam
Nittany Drunkards
Skins & Canes
Mechanix/Walter

Voting No:
Mr. Fat
Matty
Slingin Sammy 33
Me [if you count my vote from 6 weeks ago]

Voting Don't Care:
Daseal
Ghetto Dog

Non-Votes:
GTripp
Give'em Da Business/Angry
Me [If you don't count my no vote].

Matty - If it is not going to be reset back to the original scoring, I would like the same option given S&C (i.e. refund but no prize money. Not happy with that, but don't want to just quit and lose my spot either). I think all non-voters should be given the same option. I did what you asked, I checked and chimed in on the settings in a timely fashion. I also revisited it from time to time to make I was correct. I didn't pull an Ocho-Cinco.

This and the Free League are the only two I play b/c I like playing with guys I know and talking smack to guys here (as well as in the yahoo chat). It sucks that this issue came up. But, essentially, my two teams are pretty much irrelevant as they were drafted for entirely different scoring systems. FF is going to be a lot less enjoyable this year. It just sucks.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #85
MTK
\m/

If the non-votes could chime in that would be appreciated.

In the future I'm just going to go with the default settings. Ironically enough the default for Yahoo, and ESPN I see, is 4 points for a passing TD.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #86
JoeRedskin

Quote:
In the future I'm just going to go with the default settings. Ironically enough the default for Yahoo, and ESPN I see, is 4 points for a passing TD.
In the future, I got no problem with whatever settings you chose, really! I admit, I liked the tweaks you had made b/c it made it more "Our League" and took a little more thought than just using the standard rankings. I would love things, in the future, to be set back to the scoring used last year. BUT - as to that, hey, I'm good with what ever.

Again, it's hard work, I know it and appreciate the time you spend on it. The current situation just kinda sucks (but, maybe I have said that already - lol). Still just working my mad off.

Who knows, maybe Kolb and Bradford light it up, maybe Santana becomes a yardage dream.

At the same time, can you at least switch the Free League's settings back to what they were on draft day? Again, I only play these two leagues and my Free League team was drafted for the settings in place at the tiime of the draft.

I am slowly getting done with my vent. Again, thanks for considering things Matty.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #87
MTK
\m/

I didn't realize any changes were made to the free league, I was probably in the wrong league and thought the $$ league settings didn't take.

Here's what I'm going to do, the settings will go back to what they were prior to the draft. We obviously didn't have a majority and it's not fair to make changes when we simply didn't have enough time to vote, and some didn't even realize that we were discussing these issues to begin with. 15 minutes before the draft isn't the time to be making major decisions. My bad as I should have just shut down any talk about that.

Next year we're just going to use default settings.

Capiche?
Old 09-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #88
JoeRedskin

Quote:
I didn't realize any changes were made to the free league, I was probably in the wrong league and thought the $$ league settings didn't take.
No worries. Thank you.

Quote:
Here's what I'm going to do, the settings will go back to what they were prior to the draft. We obviously didn't have a majority and it's not fair to make changes when we simply didn't have enough time to vote, and some didn't even realize that we were discussing these issues to begin with. 15 minutes before the draft isn't the time to be making major decisions. My bad as I should have just shut down any talk about that.
Again, thank you. I have no doubt that at all times you were just trying to get things done fairly.

Quote:
Next year we're just going to use default settings.

Capiche?
While I am sorry to see the unique settings go, I absolutely capiche. Thank you sir!
Old 09-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #89
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Now that all seems clear, and since I'm not in the pay league I don't have any vote, I just want to say that I think JR should have to pay all the teams dues, and be given Tavaris Jackson as his QB, for the hubbub he has caused.

Just my humble, non-biased, opinion.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:27 PM   #90
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Now that all seems clear, and since I'm not in the pay league I don't have any vote, I just want to say that I think JR should have to pay all the teams dues, and be given Tavaris Jackson as his QB, for the hubbub he has caused.

Just my humble, non-biased, opinion.
Let's just say, I wouldn't be surprised if I, too, am shortly assigned the Parrot Avatar of Shame.