In memory of our REDSKINS

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-13-2020, 01:25 PM   #76
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: In memory of our REDSKINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The name may be going away but the history will always be there.

Exactly. If you are changing teams because they change their name than who needs ya anyway. It isn’t like they are moving the team to some other region. Im excited for a fresh start and to continue rooting for the same players I rooted for last year, but with what looks like a proper staff and FO in place. HTT?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-13-2020, 02:00 PM   #77
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Ok these are actually cool
Old 07-13-2020, 02:00 PM   #78
JackLord
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The dude is your typical fanboy that has big $$ and lucky enough to own a team... He's a loser , I don't care how much money he has
True dat.

I must say, Snyder fascinates me. I perpetually wonder how long it will take him to fully ascend the learning curve. He shows signs of "getting it" but then regresses back to his obstinate self.

That he is not a nice person goes without saying. But there is more to it than that. Honestly, and this is only my theory, I think winning is secondary to him. Oh sure, he would love to hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

But first and foremost is the intoxication he experiences by making big splashes and headlines. I think that is what turns him on. I would not doubt he is in heaven right now with all the attention the org is getting.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:37 PM   #79
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I'll have to disagree to me a lot of this is on Dan. In business attitude matters. If you are good at what you do and an asshole people will tolerate it to an extent but they would rather have someone who might have a bit less talent but brings a quality workplace environment. Dan does none of those. He drove away the casual fans through myriad of decisions, suing old ladies, suing the City Paper, shoddy product and overall piss poor attitude. When asked about a name change we all know how he reacted in 2013. Instead of being a business man about it and identifying support for the name and the positives it brings. Eventually he does create the Original American's Foundation but they do such a shit job of marketing it even with the teams media.

He is a bad business partner. NFL owners that used to defend the name because the Redskins were a quality product and thus improved their bottom line began to not support the name. The minority owners tried to sell their shares but they couldn't find someone to take shares of one of the most valuable franchises in the world. They did what they needed to to get out of a toxic environment and I cannot blame them for this.

Dan has repeatedly been given gifts in regards to the name polls showing that Native American's don't find it offensive, that the word that resonates with the logo is "proud" by Native Americans and a Supreme Court decision that says bans on trademarks with offensive language are illegal. Each one of those incidents he handled like an ass hat in the team response.

I do think change was inevitable it is hard to have a team maintained with a word that is defined as a slur, but if he was a good business owner and partner the franchise name would still have had support.
I agree with the first three paragraphs 100%. My problem with the last paragraph is that I don't think DS's business ownership had as much to do with the team name still having support as winning would have. If the team had two decades of winning vs two decades of losing under his ownership that might have fostered some goodwill that gave him and the team name the benefit of the doubt.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 03:22 PM   #80
coggs
Special Teams

Quote:
Person with knowledge of the situation confirms Washington football owner Dan Snyder and the team plan to announce name change Monday morning.

Mike Jones - USA TODAY

So the end is official and coming within the hours, I want this thread to be positive.

Name your favorite Redskins of all time
Favorite moments / games / eras.

I also want to say thank you Matty and everyone here for keeping me sane through the years, in a sense I grew up a lot with the Warpath.. I'm not sure if the site name will change but if it does I SALUTE this page!!

And for one final time (can't believe I'm writing this)

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
Aside from the guys who played for Both the Skins and Giants (Pierce, Armstead, Leonard Marshall) it is without a doubt, Jim Lachey. Met him at football camp in the Summer of 91. Just a really nice guy. Me and another camper happened to cross paths with him after lunch. He walked and talked with us for a good 1/2 hour. Asked him about working out (I was 15, summer before 10th grade) hadn't REALLY started lifting yet. Was the first time I heard, "Arms are for show, legs are for dough." We talked about different guys in the NFL. Said the key to LT was to get a body on him and wear him down. Other kid I was with asked him about Reggie White and he said White is on other side, he dealt with Clyde Simmons.
Old 07-13-2020, 03:36 PM   #81
coggs
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
I cant even consider it caving, either. Ds did everything in his power to keep the team name. This is a singular point in time that this could happen. I'm not getting political or anything like that....but when the sponsors pull, it's like monopoly...when you start mortgaging your properties to pay rent to others....the game is just about over. At this point I dont think ds had much of a choice. If he didnt change, who knows....the franchise may well have dissolved, or moved cities. I think he is changing the name to save the team.
I hope that other teams fans have a little respect in this situation, as I'm sure they have memories as well about times in their franchises history that are dear to them. The divisional rivalries were always a sight to see....like I said...win or lose, it was always something we could all get together on and share time and moments.
Not that we cant anymore...its just..........different
Agreed. Saw something on twitter (not taking this as gospel) that it was not just FedEx and Nike making noise. Apparently they were campaigning behind the scenes to get other big sponsors to jump on the bandwagon. Not even 100% convinced it was Snyder's doing. Would not be surprised if Goddell and several of the other owners told him the name had to change or they would force him out. No, do not have anything to back up that claim, just speculating. I have said the name will not change until it starts to have a negative impact on their profits.

Will miss the Giants-"Redskins" rivalry. Just hoping that they keep it as close to the current brand as possible. I know they are keeping the colors which I think is great. Hoping "Red" is in the name, so my first choice is Redtails. Hoping they keep the Wordmark, hoping they keep the "R" (logo on the hat Gibbs wore for years), and hoping they Keep the tune for Hail to the Redskins and alter it as little as possible.
Old 07-13-2020, 03:38 PM   #82
coggs
Special Teams

Quote:

Ok these are actually cool
Not a fan of all gold, but like the idea. Although, I would have the tips of the wings in burgundy on the logo. Love that R (that I mentioned in the other post).
Old 07-13-2020, 06:44 PM   #83
Ohioskins
Special Teams

Do not like the all gold at all!!!! I do hope they keep the same colors, burgundy and gold with the emphasis on burgundy.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 07:28 PM   #84
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I agree with the first three paragraphs 100%. My problem with the last paragraph is that I don't think DS's business ownership had as much to do with the team name still having support as winning would have. If the team had two decades of winning vs two decades of losing under his ownership that might have fostered some goodwill that gave him and the team name the benefit of the doubt.
I agree. Fans and community is top. That is why I mentioned it first (I think?) If the DMV still loved the Skins this would be a moo(t) point.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:31 PM   #85
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Just one man's opinion

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...left-long-ago/
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:32 PM   #86
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
The Noles look is one of the best in all of sports, if we did that I'd absolutely love it
I could live with that. I CAN NOT live with some Redtail or Wolf crap. It just doesn't mesh with our brand.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:36 PM   #87
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Coming out and saying we're never going to change the name and you can put that in all caps was a big mistake by Snyder. When you draw a line in the sand and make it clear that something isn't up for debate or a rational discussion, don't be surprised when the other side comes back with an equally hard headed response.
No it wasn't. If Floyd was pulled over by good cops we wouldn't even be here. There wouldn't have been a mob.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:55 PM   #88
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
My lord the WT is tough to read with all the pop ups and ads inserted in the column.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:12 PM   #89
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
No it wasn't. If Floyd was pulled over by good cops we wouldn't even be here. There wouldn't have been a mob.
That is so fn true. Mob>peaceful protesters.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:53 PM   #90
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Is this mob like the caravan at the southern border that disappeared into thin air or is it real? I never knew the right was so paranoid.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote