Government shutdown 2018

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-23-2018, 10:06 AM   #76
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Government shutdown 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Pisses me off classic democrats. Ask for very little and get even less. How you cannot close the deal on a widely popular DACA that has overwhelming bipartisan support is beyond me.

Because the Republicans only support it to an extent. They talk a big game for their constituents but apparently forgot to draft it up in the bill. Because Kelly and Miller are the ones “currently “ in charge of Trumps wandering mind and they could care less about DACA.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-23-2018, 10:09 AM   #77
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This shutdown was a charade...but yet some will say this person won, that person won...folks no one really won. These typical "politics as usual" tactics are shameful...So if you like the swamp and politics as usual then you probably liked what the Dems did. Whether you like our President or hate him...I think its refreshing that we have an administration that is not doing the status quo, I enjoy them of resisting the false narratives in the media and actually approaching issues.

But the facts are facts...lotta things getting done and we seeing the benefits.

What benefits have you seen personally from Trump? They aren’t resisting false narratives. Russia actually did hack our election. How many of his “low level coffee boys” need to go down before you realize there is a “there” there and CNN did not fabricate the Russian “hoax”?
Old 01-23-2018, 10:14 AM   #78
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
There will be a deal over DACA, but you don't close down government a month and a half before the deadline, and draw an erasable line in the sand. The reason they chose last weekend was 2 fold, and both politically motivated by their base's hate for Trump.

1) it's a black eye for any president to have a government shutdown on the 1 year anniversary of his inauguration

2) if they could have sustained it to next week they could have held the State of the Union hostage.

Ultimately they won't feel much backlash - no one who is upset they caved is ever going to vote for a Republican, so it was worth a shot to score some anti Trump points.

Ill believe the deal for DACA is done when it is done. Not because Ole Mitch loosely alluded to something getting done in the near future. Peoples lives can be ruined in a month C-Red. Being deported and taken away from ur family - losing ur job - ur house - all with the “hope” that this administration will “fix it later”. Please.
And stop painting Trump as the victim here. The hate for him. Poor baby. Maybe if he wasn’t a lying, racist, con artist we wouldn’t hate him. But he is. And we do. And we should.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:26 AM   #79
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Not painting Trump as a victim, but the hate for him that is out there causes his opponents to go to the nth degree of opposition. It's what it is. I feel the same toward HC and am glad Trump is in the WH and not her.

In 2020 we will see where the electorate is. If he makes it that long.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:35 AM   #80
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
What benefits have you seen personally from Trump? They aren’t resisting false narratives. Russia actually did hack our election. How many of his “low level coffee boys” need to go down before you realize there is a “there” there and CNN did not fabricate the Russian “hoax”?
List me the benefits Russia and the Russian Gov't have received due to the Trump administration.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:44 AM   #81
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
List me the benefits Russia and the Russian Gov't have received due to the Trump administration.

Russia doesn’t have a government. They have a thug dictator and his fellow oligarchs who pose as one. Anyway Can I just say shady business/real estate deals worth billions and be done? My daughter forgot her lunch and im in a rush.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:49 AM   #82
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Russia doesn’t have a government. They have a thug dictator and his fellow oligarchs who pose as one. Anyway Can I just say shady business/real estate deals worth billions and be done? My daughter forgot her lunch and im in a rush.
LOL...ok Alex Jones...you keep chasing them windmills.

He Gets Us
Old 01-23-2018, 11:25 AM   #83
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
LOL...ok Alex Jones...you keep chasing them windmills.

Are you saying the Russian government is legit? Lol
Old 01-23-2018, 11:28 AM   #84
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I had no idea that Putin being a dictator and opposition mysteriously being gunned down in the streets or the absolute greed that thwarts the Russian people was considered conspiracy. I thought it was pretty much accepted as fact? As were Trumps business dealings with these oligarchs? What part do you doubt?
Old 01-23-2018, 11:29 AM   #85
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I didn't deflect. I asked for a specific example of a failed wall and you gave a answer that was basically filled with dumb comments. If you can cite 2 failed walls I will gladly debunk your obviously fallacious arguments.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...nt-work-214167

What History Tells Us About Building a Wall to Solve a Problem

https://www.indy100.com/article/a-ma...grants-7320271
Nations have built walls on borders for thousands of years - CNN

Now how do you build a Wall around Florida, Me, Alaska or Hawaii? The West Coast ,the East coast?????
Old 01-23-2018, 11:41 AM   #86
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Not painting Trump as a victim, but the hate for him that is out there causes his opponents to go to the nth degree of opposition. It's what it is. I feel the same toward HC and am glad Trump is in the WH and not her.

In 2020 we will see where the electorate is. If he makes it that long.
You can't understand the hate for trump ,yet you say you feel the same about Hillary? Like her or not ....Hillary would not be making this country look like a bunch of asshole's. Politicians lie I get it but to not see the blatant ignorance of trump and his total disdain for the American people\citizens is borderline moronic.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:46 PM   #87
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

"Big win for Republicans as Democrats cave on Shutdown. Now I want a big win for everyone, including Republicans, Democrats and DACA, but especially for our Great Military and Border Security. Should be able to get there. See you at the negotiating table!"

-Moobs and G1 beastie via twitter.

He Gets Us
Old 01-23-2018, 12:51 PM   #88
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I will give you a C for effort.
-In your first article it listed 3 main wall attempts with no increased immigration as a result
-In your second article it listed 5 main wall attempts with no increased immigration, and several successful walls
-In your third article it pointed out that 6 European countries currently are using walls as part of their border security with no ill effect

below I have broken out all 3 articles :
Article 1:
1)Israel/Palestine. The article offers no proof one way or the other, but argues that it creates a political backlash, and increases the anger and propensity toward violence in a space smaller than NJ. Clearly that outcome would not translate across the US Mexico border, as we aren't foreshadowing a military clash with Mexico.
2) The Berlin wall. Again, the wall itself worked, the state behind the wall failed. We aren't trying to keep our citizens from escaping, although alot of Dems were supposed to have left by now.
3) US Mexico: They state we have built 651 miles of wall, and that undocumented migration into the U.S. is at its lowest level since the 1970s; but state that you can't prove it's the wall so there.

Article 2:
  • The great wall (which worked for 14 centuries - I'm ok if the border wall only lasts 10)
  • the berlin wall - no one would argue it did not stop illegal crossings (razor wire, mine fields and snipers help to)
  • The belfast peace wall - the article sums it up this way "In 2013, Northern Irish lawmakers proposed tearing down the peace walls by 2023, but many residents believe violence would reignite if the walls were removed."
  • West bank wall - the article makes no claim either way about its effectiveness but adds "Israel has another fence along its western border with Egypt, which was built to stem the "unfettered flow of illegal infiltrators, the smuggling of drugs and weapons" into Israel, ...The wall was a success: 43 African migrants entered Israel in 2013, compared to 17,000 in 2011."
  • Hungary - The article doesn't state the before and after, but Wikipedia lists it as follows- During the month of September 2015 there was a total number of 138,396 migrant entries, and by the first two weeks of November the average daily number of intercepted migrants decreased to only 15, which is a daily reduction of more than 4,500
Article 3 simply outlines the current European countries using walls as part of their border security.

So you get a C because you finally responded, but you truly proved my point that in all the world, where walls have been used to limit migration, successful outcomes were far more common and the worst outcomes were ambiguous results. In no case in those three articles did a wall clearly worsen the immigration pattern.

And to answer to your question, no one is suggesting building walls around the east coast , west coast, Hawaii, Alaska, FL, or the northern states. Those places are better served by increased Coast Guard and Border Patrol presence as well as good port of entry security.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:55 PM   #89
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
You can't understand the hate for trump ,yet you say you feel the same about Hillary? Like her or not ....Hillary would not be making this country look like a bunch of asshole's. Politicians lie I get it but to not see the blatant ignorance of trump and his total disdain for the American people\citizens is borderline moronic.
I understand the hate for Trump. Never said I didn't. But HC would have put a terrible SC justice on the bench. We would not be seeing a tax cut. The economy would have stayed in neutral, and identity politics would have been even worse. HC is as corrupt and evil a person as we have conceivably seen, but, like the devil, she knows how to look angelic and fool sheep. Trump is just a moron.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:34 PM   #90
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Government shutdown 2018

Quote:
I understand the hate for Trump. Never said I didn't. But HC would have put a terrible SC justice on the bench. We would not be seeing a tax cut. The economy would have stayed in neutral, and identity politics would have been even worse. HC is as corrupt and evil a person as we have conceivably seen, but, like the devil, she knows how to look angelic and fool sheep. Trump is just a moron.

Have you seen a pay increase personally?
Edit: I dont dabble in the stock market so i dont care. Those bastards dont share so dont give me it creates this and that. It creates more money for them is all. My 401 k has not doubled. Lol. Its crazy because only people who voted for Trump seem to have new found money somewhere?
As for the SCJ of course you are going to think a liberal is terrible if ur not liberal. Identity politics- well - when u have a Billionaire telling the middle class he is going to drain the swamp, but he actually is looking out for his and his cohorts taxes and real estate loopholes, etc etc it may appear as though there are no identity politics going on BUT in reality he couldn’t be identifying more with the billionaires. Hell he even gave them all jobs. Please.