Sexually arousing.

Advertisements
Old 11-16-2020, 06:42 PM   #77
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Lions PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
He is not stuffing the run. And that touchdown pass to Swift was just sad. He is a liability. The 2 down stuffer is going the way of the dinosaur. We need an athletic guy in there that can be the leader of the defense.

It's funny because Rivera and Del Rio were LBs, and it's probably our worst unit on the team.
Yeah, I honestly liked Bostic's toughness quite a lot last year. But this season he looks completely lost.

I still don't understand how you coach LBs to key QB eyes in zone coverage. Only a few elite are good at it. The others end up being moved easily out of their zone and/or not seeing the wide opened guy a few yards from them...

Bostic is killing me with this every week. THERE'S A GUY IN YOUR ZONE, COVER HIM ! STOP TRYING TO DO SOMETHING YOU'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO DO ! YOU ARE NOT PICKING THAT BALL UNLESS IT'S THROWN DIRECTLY INTO YOUR HANDS WRAPPED IN DOUBLE-FACE TAPE ! COVER. GUYS. IN. YOUR. ZONE.
Old 11-17-2020, 07:59 AM   #78
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
So true!!! It was so painful listening to him. It was like amateur night.
Maybe it's because English not being my native language some of the grammar twists didn't bother me that much (I did pick quite a lot of "have" instead of "has" and so on though)... but I quite enjoyed Talib in the booth.

It was kind of an acquired taste, felt strange at the beginning, but as the game moved on I thought he brought a nice combination of on point football knowledge/analysis and raw genuine excitement. IE when we was all pumped about seeing "a BALL game" when we tied.

I get the "hood" vibe isn't for everybody but combined with his NFL experience I thought it was quite refreshing and fun.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:35 AM   #79
MTK
\m/

Bostic is always lost in space, dude just can't cover. He's the new Perry Riley.
Old 11-17-2020, 10:14 AM   #80
SunnySide
Playmaker

Saahdiq Charles to season ending IR for surgery on his knee for a dislocated knee cap (that must have been a serious dislocation to require surgery).

Kyle Allen to season ending IR for surgery on his ankle.

-----------------------

Chase Roullier is a FA next year ... I wasnt a huge Roullier believer thinking we could find equivalent play elsewhere if needed but now I want him signed.

-----------------

Bostic is a limited player, we knew that going into this season, he shouldnt be asked to cover bc he cant cover. Hes a north south plug the run hole player. We probably need more well rounded LBs bc you cant hide Bostic from coverage every snap, just impossible.
Old 11-17-2020, 10:54 AM   #81
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
He has cost us two games this year.
Missed FGs in 6 of 9 games I think. That is pretty unacceptable
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:55 AM   #82
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Yeah, I honestly liked Bostic's toughness quite a lot last year. But this season he looks completely lost.

I still don't understand how you coach LBs to key QB eyes in zone coverage. Only a few elite are good at it. The others end up being moved easily out of their zone and/or not seeing the wide opened guy a few yards from them...

Bostic is killing me with this every week. THERE'S A GUY IN YOUR ZONE, COVER HIM ! STOP TRYING TO DO SOMETHING YOU'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO DO ! YOU ARE NOT PICKING THAT BALL UNLESS IT'S THROWN DIRECTLY INTO YOUR HANDS WRAPPED IN DOUBLE-FACE TAPE ! COVER. GUYS. IN. YOUR. ZONE.
Peripheral vision and lateral speed are key in LB's anyway, but more so in zone coverage. You have to be able to key the QB's eyes while 'seeing' threats entering your zone from virtually any direction. Coaching up is a matter of where to sit in your zone, based on the offense you're expecting and your keys based on the same.

Can't speak to the quality of our LB coaching but I only rate Holcomb as a quality player. The rest are not playing up to their contracts.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 11:36 AM   #83
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Missed FGs in 6 of 9 games I think. That is pretty unacceptable
It's been a year full of inconsistencies across the board - coaching, offense, defense, special teams - you name it. Obviously Hopkins isn't the only reason this team is 2-7, but if he makes those FGs in the Giants game and the Lions game, this team is 4-5, tied for the 8th best record in the conference, one game out of the wild card, and in the driver's seat in the division.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:45 PM   #84
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Peripheral vision and lateral speed are key in LB's anyway, but more so in zone coverage. You have to be able to key the QB's eyes while 'seeing' threats entering your zone from virtually any direction. Coaching up is a matter of where to sit in your zone, based on the offense you're expecting and your keys based on the same.

Can't speak to the quality of our LB coaching but I only rate Holcomb as a quality player. The rest are not playing up to their contracts.
Agreed. But that's my issue: I thought Bostic in particular was playing way better last year than now. He was making a lot of plays against the run, he's now out of his gap a lot a and never in the back field. I thought he was decent in coverage, I remember him making some nice plays, break ups or immediate tackle, and this year he's jokingly out of position... Which doesn't speak to great coaching.
I'm willing to give this defensive coaching staff more time, but so far they're not living up to the expectations.
Old 11-17-2020, 10:36 PM   #85
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Agreed. But that's my issue: I thought Bostic in particular was playing way better last year than now. He was making a lot of plays against the run, he's now out of his gap a lot a and never in the back field. I thought he was decent in coverage, I remember him making some nice plays, break ups or immediate tackle, and this year he's jokingly out of position... Which doesn't speak to great coaching.
I'm willing to give this defensive coaching staff more time, but so far they're not living up to the expectations.
He already has more sacks this year than last year, and he's on pace to have more tackles, more tackles for loss, and more QB hits. He's not great in coverage, but that has never been his strength as far as I know. That said, he is almost 10% better this year in pass coverage than last year. He is what he is, and I'm not sure it's worse this year than last year. Either way, the position needs to be upgraded.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 04:28 AM   #86
AnonEmouse
The Starter

KPL is a stop gap and Hamilton should have taken over as starting MLB by now if he was good enough. I like keeping Bostic on as mentor to fresh guys as he's not useless, but we need a new guy with Holcomb's attitude/application on the other side and an enforcer in the middle. Best MLB's in FA are likely resigned so I think that's where we look in the draft; it's a big enough need that unless you find a diamond in the FA rough, I would want a fresh hungry athlete out of college rather than another 2nd tier guy. Foster might have been that guy if he'd gotten healthy.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:23 AM   #87
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
KPL is a stop gap and Hamilton should have taken over as starting MLB by now if he was good enough. I like keeping Bostic on as mentor to fresh guys as he's not useless, but we need a new guy with Holcomb's attitude/application on the other side and an enforcer in the middle. Best MLB's in FA are likely resigned so I think that's where we look in the draft; it's a big enough need that unless you find a diamond in the FA rough, I would want a fresh hungry athlete out of college rather than another 2nd tier guy. Foster might have been that guy if he'd gotten healthy.
Looking at what’s available in free agency this offseason, it’s a lot of nothing. I do think there is a good chance a vet could be cut in a cap move, but the draft is the only spot where I would add.

I’ve previewed some upcoming free agents positions...tight ends, Safety, WR have some decent options in places where a need exists.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:23 AM   #88
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Looking at what’s available in free agency this offseason, it’s a lot of nothing. I do think there is a good chance a vet could be cut in a cap move, but the draft is the only spot where I would add.

I’ve previewed some upcoming free agents positions...tight ends, Safety, WR have some decent options in places where a need exists.
Yeah I'm hoping the Bears don't re-sign Robinson; I'd go after him like a shot. Maybe Godwin if the Buccs can't bring him back - versatile.

I've already said I'd go after Simmons or Harris at S, but only really good TE I see as possibly available will be Henry and I'm betting the Bolts lock him up. Who else would you go for?
Old 11-18-2020, 09:40 AM   #89
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah I'm hoping the Bears don't re-sign Robinson; I'd go after him like a shot. Maybe Godwin if the Buccs can't bring him back - versatile.

I've already said I'd go after Simmons or Harris at S, but only really good TE I see as possibly available will be Henry and I'm betting the Bolts lock him up. Who else would you go for?
I wouldn’t go big money at free safety, better value fs vets.

Zack Ertz isn’t coming back to philly...he would be my target if Henry resigns (which I’m not sold he will).

Mo Allie Cox in Indy can play and would be a guy I’d give strong consideration as a mid level contract.

Henry
Ertz
Cox

My WR is Curtis Samuel at Carolina...can play inside and out. Good size with speed. I’d look at TY Hilton or Brandin Cooks if they are released as well.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:51 AM   #90
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I forgot about Ertz, but will he come here? I like Cox, but he seems more akin to Thomas than an upgrade, though he does have more upside.

Forgot about Samuel, and yes I'd take him or Hilton, but Cooks has had the chance to replace Hopkins (not literally!) in Houston and he's done next to nothing; seems a journeyman to me. Then again they are playing badly so...