Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Re: Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Inside or outside would it really matter? Let's face it Snyder is going to have his say no matter who is here.
The only way Snyder wouldn't get a say is if he promises the world to someone like Bill Polian. It would take tens of millions to get him, and someone of his stature might agree to come here but only if he makes certain that Snyder stays the hell out of it.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
tdSKINS1
Impact Rookie

Jason needs to return. I'll admit I was personally skeptic of him being our QB earlier but he has shown so much grit and leadership the past month I would think it be awful to not bring him back. What other alternative is there??
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #3
#56fanatic
The Starter

Here is a pretty rare thought, keep Zorn, offer campbell the 1 yr tender and build on something. Two first round picks should be offensive lineman. This team is playing really well the last 5 weeks and it would suck to blow it all up and start over AGAIN!

I think Lewis is making a difference, but also i think these young guys are starting to learn how to play. Thomas, Davis have stepped up by being on the field to learn. They have the weapons on offense to be really good. I would rather give Zorn and these guys another year to build on the improved play than to start over again next year.

If Dallas keeps losing and dont make the playoffs or get beat in 1st round then Shanahan will be there next year. Dallas is his first choice from what I hear on TV. I am not a fan of Shanahan because he will want to be the coach and GM, then we will be stuck with the same crap we have now. Coaches can NOT be successful doing both jobs. Holmgren had it taken away from him when Seattle struggled for the two years he was doing it, and Denver went back to so so football when shanahan was doing it.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:14 PM   #4
TheSmurfs22
The Starter

I gotta say I think Jason should come back. We got to take care of our O Line, Jason shows when he has time he can do good things. I guess I am not patient enough to go through yet another year of "rebuilding".
Old 12-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #5
celts32
Playmaker

I don't think Snyder having a say is necessarily a problem but there needs to be a GM in place who Snyder respects and can make Snyder feel involved while at the same time doing it his way.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
I don't think Snyder having a say is necessarily a problem but there needs to be a GM in place who Snyder respects and can make Snyder feel involved while at the same time doing it his way.
i completely disagree he knows dick about football and should have no involvement what so ever, that is way to important to leave to him he needs to sign the checks and that is all, after he has been around the block, like 20 or so years and has some experince then he can have some input, but for now back the f away from team jackass!!!

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:20 AM   #7
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Like Bruce Allen
Old 12-16-2009, 09:46 AM   #8
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Like Bruce Allen
He would be perfect!

Old 12-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #9
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
He would be perfect!
I think he will always be someone who is in Snyder's ear because they're good friends. But I don't know that he would be employed under Snyder
Old 12-16-2009, 10:11 AM   #10
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think he will always be someone who is in Snyder's ear because they're good friends. But I don't know that he would be employed under Snyder
Is that because he won't work for Snyder or because Snyder wouldn't hire him?

Old 12-15-2009, 11:37 PM   #11
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Bringing JC back makes sense only if Snyder, Toady or whoever will be in charge carries over the same style Zorn/Lewis/Smith offense...or whatever lol. If we're going to blow things up again (like we did two years ago but Snyder wouldn't call it that) we might as well find a new QB to fit the new coach and system.

But more importantly I'm looking for what Snyder does w/ the FO. The notion that we'll have a smarter, more professional approach to personnel w/ Toady anywhere in the organization borders on insanity. Toady is there for one reason: to be a front man for Snyder's meddling. Snyder wants a new QB...Toady goes looking at Cutler and Sanchez. It's pretty straightforward. Snyder could also bring in a different Toady; however new Toady will be easily recognized. A guy w/ questionable football knowledge and little reputation around the league. This means Snyder still wants to meddle, but wants a new Toady for a pal...one that can articulate sentences such that people don't laugh. The only move that would be "good news" for the future of the franchise is a quality, established football man for a GM who is the clear decision-maker...the rest of it is just rubbish.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:37 AM   #12
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

ZORN has got to go. He is pointing to JC being benched in the KC game as the turning point. He is trying to spin opinions HIS WAY. The turnaround came the second half of the ATL game. He is way off and trying to be a politician. No Zorn, your plan did not work. Sherm Lewis's plan worked. Benching JC caused him to lose his play calling ability.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #13
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
ZORN has got to go. He is pointing to JC being benched in the KC game as the turning point. He is trying to spin opinions HIS WAY. The turnaround came the second half of the ATL game. He is way off and trying to be a politician. No Zorn, your plan did not work. Sherm Lewis's plan worked. Benching JC caused him to lose his play calling ability.
I am quickly coming to this decision myself. Not just because of that, but because of his defense of playing ARE, his comments on Davis - to the effect that it was Davis' fault for his lack of production because until Cooley went down the coaches couldn't get Davis going. Everything Zorn defends comes from the over cautious approach of leaving the veterans in to the DETRIMENT of the rookies/2nd year class' progress. I gave a lot of credit to SLewis(still do) but I wonder if Zorn would have been an obstacle if the season ending injuries hadn't taken place. In Zorn's statement on ARE, he took responsibility, and said that it was because he is confident in ARE, but why??? because no one else had given him that confidence, but if ARE is not executing after several games, you pull him, it shouldn't take a season meltdown for a younger player to get a chance, even if he is going to make some mistakes, he might learn from them, as opposed to ARE who is not learning anything new, just making the same mistakes over and over. (sorry for the run on sentence!) Zorn made basically the same justification for not getting FD involved, but now we see that may have been a big mistake. Same with DT, get him involved and use him even if he's not 100% pro bowl yet.

All our griping about the slow development period seems to fall onto Zorn's shoulders once you listen to his defense/explanations about why FD and ARE are doing what they are doing.

And that is the HC responsibility above and beyond playcalling, and because of his defense of the indefensible I would say Zorn needs to go.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:39 AM   #14
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I am quickly coming to this decision myself. Not just because of that, but because of his defense of playing ARE, his comments on Davis - to the effect that it was Davis' fault for his lack of production because until Cooley went down the coaches couldn't get Davis going. Everything Zorn defends comes from the over cautious approach of leaving the veterans in to the DETRIMENT of the rookies/2nd year class' progress. I gave a lot of credit to SLewis(still do) but I wonder if Zorn would have been an obstacle if the season ending injuries hadn't taken place. In Zorn's statement on ARE, he took responsibility, and said that it was because he is confident in ARE, but why??? because no one else had given him that confidence, but if ARE is not executing after several games, you pull him, it shouldn't take a season meltdown for a younger player to get a chance, even if he is going to make some mistakes, he might learn from them, as opposed to ARE who is not learning anything new, just making the same mistakes over and over. (sorry for the run on sentence!) Zorn made basically the same justification for not getting FD involved, but now we see that may have been a big mistake. Same with DT, get him involved and use him even if he's not 100% pro bowl yet.

All our griping about the slow development period seems to fall onto Zorn's shoulders once you listen to his defense/explanations about why FD and ARE are doing what they are doing.

And that is the HC responsibility above and beyond playcalling, and because of his defense of the indefensible I would say Zorn needs to go.
There is no defense for having ARE return punts. He also returned them for Cowher and Joe Gibbs. He did alright for Cowher, but not for Gibbs, and he never stopped it even though we wondered why. I expect Zorn to be the one to put an end to it. Why it has taken this long I don't know but Gibbs kept him there throughout his second stint as HC as far as I can remember and he wasn't much better then. Zorn has said repeatedly it would take 2 years for the receivers to become efficient in this system as well as the QB. Trent Dilfer has commented on how complex this system is when in full force and other QB's familiar in this offense put 2-3 years as the timeline for becoming efficient in it. Could it be that as some players have said, the game is slowing down for them and they're starting to get it? I often think this staff is too cautious myself but someone like DT who acts like all he needed was the chance, couldn't even run the correct route half the time. I'm glad to see he's coming on but I find it hard to blame Zorn for him taking this long to do so. Even his own father said it takes DT 2 years to understand what to do and predicted this year he would come out strong. Davis seemed to have a case of the fumbles earlier this year, glad to see he's worked harder on holding on to the ball and put in extra time on his blocking. I guess he was just waiting to start to improve? Zorn has made mistakes but I'm not sure changing coaches is the answer at this point. As the HC he has to shoulder some blame, but not all of it. We're having growing pains but as of late, at least it appears we're growing. We're showing signs of what he said we would.

Last edited by 53Fan; 12-16-2009 at 09:32 AM.
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:20 AM   #15
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
There is no defense for having ARE return punts. He also returned them for Cowher and Joe Gibbs. He did alright for Cowher, but not for Gibbs, and he never stopped it even though we wondered why. I expect Zorn to be the one to put an end to it. Why it has taken this long I don't know but Gibbs kept him there throughout his second stint as HC as far as I can remember and he wasn't much better then. Zorn has said repeatedly it would take 2 years for the receivers to become efficient in this system as well as the QB. Trent Dilfer has commented on how complex this system is when in full force and other QB's familiar in this offense put 2-3 years as the timeline for becoming efficient in it. Could it be that as some players have said, the game is slowing down for them and they're starting to get it? I often think this staff is too cautious myself but someone like DT who acts like all he needed was the chance, couldn't even run the correct route half the time. I'm glad to see he's coming on but I find it hard to blame Zorn for him taking this long to do so. Even his own father said it takes DT 2 years to understand what to do and predicted this year he would come out strong. Davis seemed to have a case of the fumbles earlier this year, glad to see he's worked harder on holding on to the ball and put in extra time on his blocking. I guess he was just waiting to start to improve?
I don't know where the interview is, but Zorn said that they had been wanting to get FD involved but he wasn't showing enough, but once Cooley went down and he was forced in, FD stepped up. But the way Zorn said it made it sound like it was FDs fault. I am saying by looking at the repeated decision by Zorn to hold off on putting a young player in, FD knew he wasn't going to get the chance regardless. Look, Cooley and JC had a great timing, so back off their practice a little and put FD in to force him to prepare. That's a coach's job, maybe not the HC, but again, if the coaches and players know that the younger guys aren't getting in even if a player takes all the practices off, then why are they going to try to get in. It was the atmosphere Zorn thrived in, where the senior class was gonna get everything, and the freshman had to wait, regardless of how they practiced.

and also just realized this is way sorry guys.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote