Old 04-11-2024, 09:35 PM   #76
MTK
\m/

Re: What Is Parked In Your Driveway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
this guy is the go to guy for Toyota/ lexus

https://www.youtube.com/@TheCarCareNut
I watched several of his videos when researching Lexus, he really helped sell me on getting one

Advertisements
Old 04-11-2024, 09:39 PM   #77
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Matty my best advice, the best you are going to do is haggle them a hundred here or there maybe a grand; don't settle for something because its a good deal

Between the passing of your brother and your delayed 50th birthday gift get the car you LOVE and when you pull out of that dealership with the new car smell in your nose and the memories of your brother and celebrating you made it 50 plus years in this rat race, just simply enjoy that moment and that moment alone will be an amazing deal.
Thanks man, I pulled the trigger today, picking it up on Monday. I値l post some pics then.
Old 04-12-2024, 08:38 AM   #78
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Thanks man, I pulled the trigger today, picking it up on Monday. I値l post some pics then.
SWEET!!! Enjoy, well deserved
Old 04-12-2024, 10:56 AM   #79
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Congratulations, enjoy it!
Old 04-12-2024, 12:14 PM   #80
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
a dead battery and multiple torn cv boots is not bad for 140k

my first runner the rear differential went out at 50K ; when they went to fix it they said it had half the required gear oil and that shit was built in japan

shit happens even to the best of the best
All those issues were within the first 60k miles though - the axles were replaced under warranty around 40k, then again at 80k, and they're making noise again as of 130k (I haven't gotten them fixed though since I'm out of warranty now).

The battery thing - if you buy a new battery (let's say from Interstate) it comes with a 5 year prorated warranty. That means if it goes bad before 5 years/60k miles they partially cover the cost of the replacement. Honda only covers a battery in a brand new car to 3 years/36k. That means they're putting cheap Chinese junk batteries in their brand new models.

I've also had issues with the a/c compressor and it currently has a fuel pump recall on it (parts aren't available yet).

Overall I've had more issues in 5 years of owning the Civic then I had in 10 years with the Corolla. Of course YMMV. I just think Toyota is a better company.
Old 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM   #81
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Nice, congrats. Hope it works out.
Old 04-12-2024, 02:36 PM   #82
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
All those issues were within the first 60k miles though - the axles were replaced under warranty around 40k, then again at 80k, and they're making noise again as of 130k (I haven't gotten them fixed though since I'm out of warranty now).

The battery thing - if you buy a new battery (let's say from Interstate) it comes with a 5 year prorated warranty. That means if it goes bad before 5 years/60k miles they partially cover the cost of the replacement. Honda only covers a battery in a brand new car to 3 years/36k. That means they're putting cheap Chinese junk batteries in their brand new models.

I've also had issues with the a/c compressor and it currently has a fuel pump recall on it (parts aren't available yet).

Overall I've had more issues in 5 years of owning the Civic then I had in 10 years with the Corolla. Of course YMMV. I just think Toyota is a better company.
i agree

still honda is good shit; really as far longevity of a car its engine and tranny, i use to love grand Cherokees not one made it past 100k without a major tranny issue, chrysler crap

Ford might put the worst product on the road today

the battery isue is pretty common for a new car; i don't know a car company that warrenty a battery past 3/36 or whatever there bumper to bumper is; toyota puts Panasonic batteries in their cars; plus a battery is what 200 maybe 300 i am not shitting on a car company over a bad battery
Old 04-12-2024, 02:38 PM   #83
mredskins
Gamebreaker

also if you don't watch the cv boot and it tears then road junk gets in the cv joints and destroys them hence the noise you are hearing

cv boot replacement vs. cv joint replacement is two entirely different bills
Old 04-12-2024, 11:52 PM   #84
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Did you get the Hybrid and what color is it?
Old 04-13-2024, 05:00 PM   #85
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams

Quote:
i agree

still honda is good shit; really as far longevity of a car its engine and tranny, i use to love grand Cherokees not one made it past 100k without a major tranny issue, chrysler crap

Ford might put the worst product on the road today

the battery isue is pretty common for a new car; i don't know a car company that warrenty a battery past 3/36 or whatever there bumper to bumper is; toyota puts Panasonic batteries in their cars; plus a battery is what 200 maybe 300 i am not shitting on a car company over a bad battery
I tell anyone who will listen never to buy a Jeep but they still do. I have not nor will I ever buy a Chrysler product.

Ford made crappy cars but rock solid trucks. I've had a Mustang which was good until about 130,000 miles, a Bronco II which is still my favorite vehicle we've owned, and 2 Rangers. The trucks were great, the V-8 Mustang was a blast.

I don't see much difference between Honda and Toyota, the best cars out there for reliability and longevity. I've got my 3rd Civic in the driveay now.
Darrell Green Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 10:12 PM   #86
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Did you get the Hybrid and what color is it?
Got the hybrid, averaged 44 mpg today this car is amazing. The color is iridium.

Old 04-16-2024, 04:34 AM   #87
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Got the hybrid, averaged 44 mpg today this car is amazing. The color is iridium.

Very nice! Enjoy it!
Old 04-16-2024, 10:11 AM   #88
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

SWEET! love it
Old 04-16-2024, 12:36 PM   #89
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Very Nice!

I'm struggling with pulling the trigger on a truck.
I can't get over that fact that midsized trucks are $45K+ with Tacomas starting at $50K.
I wouldn't mind a full-size truck but I wouldn't be able to park it in SoCal shopping centers.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 02:08 PM   #90
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

I walked into work the other day and thought MTK was in town. Same car, close color

Jamf I致e been puttin off a new truck cause of the these interest rates. Think I知 gonna have to pull the trigger soon, been looking at a low mileage, couple years old Rams. I really like the Sierra but my god those prices have jumped.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote