Eagles Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-01-2023, 09:04 PM   #76
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Should Have Went for 2 Post-game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
I think this team is a decent-to-solid coaching staff away from doing really good things.

Agreed. Throw in GM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-01-2023, 09:07 PM   #77
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I saw Young step back into coverage multiple times, what kind of BS is that? Young had a good game regardless (I know the Young haters will disagree). They need to attack, I would replace Barton with Hudson or Cox, it’s time.
I don't get why Young is in coverage. Especially on 3rd downs.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 09:10 PM   #78
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I don't get why Young is in coverage. Especially on 3rd downs.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Agreed. Seems like every time he's in coverage the qb targets whoever's closest to him. It's a waste of his time.
Old 10-01-2023, 09:41 PM   #79
jamf
Pro Bowl

Re: Eagles Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
No loss should feel good, but I can’t get too upset over today. We went toe to toe with a SB team and Howell bounced back as well as anyone could have hoped. And hey, Snyder is gone.
True. I was expecting a bloodbath.
Maybe I’m disappointed because we should’ve won.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 09:51 PM   #80
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
The defense should absolutely be playing better.

I think the offense will be hampered no matter what, until the OL can be upgraded. But I liked most of what I saw from EB and Howell today.
I liked Howell today too. I was a bit frustrated on their second td drive with the first and goal that he tried to target Dotson, That should've been a pick. He needs to stop trying to do it all. It was first and goal from 1. He should've thrown it through back of end zone, avoid TO, avoid sack and set up second down. I know he is young but he keeps doing this stuff.
Old 10-01-2023, 10:09 PM   #81
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Today showed that Sam Howell can play with top tier teams. That’s a great sign

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2023, 10:15 PM   #82
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Today showed that Sam Howell can play with top tier teams. That’s a great sign

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's the real deal. His wheels and arm strength are underrated. He throws fastballs on his midrange passes. Dotson had a bad drop (surprisingly) on one in the first half.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 10:26 PM   #83
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I liked Howell today too. I was a bit frustrated on their second td drive with the first and goal that he tried to target Dotson, That should've been a pick. He needs to stop trying to do it all. It was first and goal from 1. He should've thrown it through back of end zone, avoid TO, avoid sack and set up second down. I know he is young but he keeps doing this stuff.
Yeah, that was by far his worst play. Very lucky. Terrible call by EB too. Why we going empty backfield from the 1?
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 10:27 PM   #84
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I saw Young step back into coverage multiple times, what kind of BS is that? Young had a good game regardless (I know the Young haters will disagree). They need to attack, I would replace Barton with Hudson or Cox, it’s time.
D coordinators drop DEs into coverage on occasion to surprise or confuse the offense. You'll see Sweat do it too, along with many other DEs around the league.

Anyway, Chase is probably just as fast as Barton.lol
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 12:26 AM   #85
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Well I won't go as far as saying "I'm happy as hell", but I'm definitely not all that disappointed. Not happy they lost, but the effort was there all game. Nice start to the game, nice fourth quarter drive for the TD to tie it. The 3rd quarter was the difference probably.

I thought the defense played fine, Forbes got beat a couple times, and Hurts escaped for that long run, but other than that it's hard to complain about much on that side of the ball.

Nice bounce-back game by EB and Howell. I was impressed. I thought the O-line was pretty decent most of the time too. Running game was meh, but Robinson was mostly effective.

I thought Terry was out of bounds - no way they are overturning that one. Both teams benefitted from calls in different parts of the game too, so I think it was pretty neutral as far as the refs/penatlies went.

I would have been fine if they went for 2, but I'm not mad they didn't.

What the hell happened to Tress Way this year? He's definitely not the same punter we have been spoiled with the last several years.

Overall, to go on the road in that environment, take them to the wire, and lose only by a 54 yard FG in OT... tough to get too upset about that.

2-2 is fine. I like our chances at home against this team in a few weeks.
Except the 2 pts conv (I thought going for 1 was the right choice), l overall agree with your post.

A loss is loss. I'll take an overtime 3 pts loss to the undefeated defending NFC champs against a 37-3 beat down though.

And the refs didn't fuck us. They fucked the entire game by being ticky tacky with both teams. Early on our offense stayed on the field thanks to shitty calls. The refs just had an horrible overcalling game.

Players that are making me eat crow:

Saahdiq Charles
Jamin Davis

Players that keep disappointing:
Wylie
Cody Barton

Forbes had a tough game but a rookie against AJ Brown is gonna have a tough game.

Overall, do you guys feel that bad being 2 and 2 ?

Don't you guys feel better about our team after this game than last week ?

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2023, 03:26 AM   #86
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I feel better after last week, seeing what we did against the (probably) #2 team in the NFC and the Bills did against Miami. I also think we can do better against Dallas and maybe be the #2 in the NFC East. If we win the next 2 we should have the confidence for a mid season run. Somebody give JDR a kick in the @$$ and teach him how to use his best assets (and likely just kick Barton).

I also agree with going for 1; go into OT with momentum. Had that pass to Scary been complete, this would probably be a different story, and thats (for once) not on RR.

Last edited by AnonEmouse; 10-02-2023 at 01:24 PM.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 08:43 AM   #87
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post

Overall, do you guys feel that bad being 2 and 2?

Before the season started we talked a lot about the schedule and I thought there was a consensus that if we could be 2-2 at this point we would be happy. We lost our last two games to teams that are both surely among the Top 5 teams in the NFL. That's O.K. for now.

Personally, I feel fine about being 2-2 at this point with a couple of beatable opponents coming up. I wanted the win over Philly as much as anyone else but we battled them toe-to-toe to the very end after suffering a debacle against the Bills the previous week. That is very positive in my mind.

Now we need to take care of business on Thursday night.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 08:49 AM   #88
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

We better take care of business on Thursday.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 09:01 AM   #89
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
We better take care of business on Thursday.
The next 3 games will define the season and the future of the staff .. We are better than the Bears,Falcons and Giants .. at least player wise . Coaches are on the Hot seat .. Ron and Jack and Eric better have them ready !!! Eric seemed to make huge adjustments from the Bills game ..this team has to WIN the next 3 .. no if and or buts !!!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 09:09 AM   #90
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Before the season started we talked a lot about the schedule and I thought there was a consensus that if we could be 2-2 at this point we would be happy. We lost our last two games to teams that are both surely among the Top 5 teams in the NFL. That's O.K. for now.

Personally, I feel fine about being 2-2 at this point with a couple of beatable opponents coming up. I wanted the win over Philly as much as anyone else but we battled them toe-to-toe to the very end after suffering a debacle against the Bills the previous week. That is very positive in my mind.

Now we need to take care of business on Thursday night.
Yeah that's were I'm at. After 4 games we are where we thought we would be. Beat 2 bad teams, lost to 2 good teams. Loss to the Bills was horrible but it only counts as one L, loss the Eagles was way better than most of us expected, but it still counts as one L.

Our half rookie QB is improving, still holds he ball too long at times but came back for a Nate Peterman like game and turned things around. We can argue on a couple of players but overall we are strong where we thought we'd be strong and weak were we thought we'd be weak.

To finish on a little talked about positive note, Chase Young had a good game and showed flashes of his rookie season against a top of the League LT who he put on his ass a couple of times.