Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

More than a dozen women allege sexual harassment and verbal abuse by former team employees at Redskins Park

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-17-2020, 08:39 AM   #76
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: More than a dozen women allege sexual harassment and verbal abuse by former team employees at Redskins Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Snyder just continues to be a major fucking embarrassment. God I hope the other owners take this as an opportunity to get him out.
How do they get him out? I am confused, can they vote him off the island?

Advertisements
Old 07-17-2020, 08:41 AM   #77
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: More than a dozen women allege sexual harassment and verbal abuse by former team employees at Redskins Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Yeah they can do what the NBA did to Sterling, the only issue is Sterling was caught red handed, Dan hasn't yet and I'm sure it's due to his fucking money saving his ass.. There is no way he didn't know this was going on
Old 07-17-2020, 08:42 AM   #78
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Section 8.13, titled "Disciplinary Power of Commissioner", gives Goodell the authorization to discipline an owner if he or she "has either violated the Constitution and Bylaws of the League or has been or is guilty of conduct detrimental to the welfare of the League or professional football."

If the commissioner doesn't believe the $500,000 fine is "adequate or sufficient," he can choose to "refer the matter to the Executive Committee" to invoke additional punishments, such as:

"Cancellation or forfeiture of the franchise in the League of any member club involved or implicated. If such occurs, the affected franchise shall be sold and disposed of under the provisions of Section 3.8(B) hereof."

link
Old 07-17-2020, 08:52 AM   #79
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

These allegations just don’t reach the level of forcing Dan out. Just my opinion. If Dan had allegations directly connected to him...then yes.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 08:53 AM   #80
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
These allegations just don’t reach the level of forcing Dan out. Just my opinion. If Dan had allegations directly connected to him...then yes.
In today's climate I wouldn't be so sure about that.

And ultimately it shouldn't matter if there are no "direct" connections. His team, his problem.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:13 AM   #81
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I hate Dan so much that I wish I could walk away from this team but my fucking love for them won't let me.. It's like an abusive relationship
Old 07-17-2020, 09:14 AM   #82
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

You think other owners want to go down this path? We gonna uncover the facts in their building. Roger will not have the support

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 09:26 AM   #83
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
You think other owners want to go down this path? We gonna uncover the facts in their building. Roger will not have the support
I fear you are correct here. As much as I was hoping that this story would uncover something Dan himself was doing/had done...so far it has not. Even if Dan is not liked by most of the other owners, I'm sure they all somewhat "know stuff" about each other that they're not willing to force him to sell over this...mostly because a lot of them know this same type of behavior is happening at their place too right now.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 09:29 AM   #84
gibbsrcnfan
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Not at all surprising this organization has been such garbage under Snyder
+1 agree
Old 07-17-2020, 09:29 AM   #85
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
In today's climate I wouldn't be so sure about that.

And ultimately it shouldn't matter if there are no "direct" connections. His team, his problem.
Absolutely. He is responsible because he did not put adequate communications, employee training, and controls in place to address and virtually eliminate these problems.

He may also face the possibility of Federal Government intervention in his HR Department (such as it is). I'm not sure if his organization is large enough or whatever else governs what the Feds can do in his case, but they might just look into it.

He's not off the hook. You can believe that. This is very bad for the NFL. The other owners should be fed up with him by now. I think they just might kick his ass out of the league this time.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 09:33 AM   #86
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I agree with Chico. If you had Dan on recording doing something inappropriate then yes, but you can bet he'll be quick to point to the employee manual and the removal of the offenders in his defense.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:33 AM   #87
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Absolutely. He is responsible because he did not put adequate communications and controls in place to address and virtually eliminate these problems.

He may also face the possibility of Federal Government intervention in his HR Department (such as it is). I'm not sure if his organization is large enough or whatever else governs what the Feds can do in his case, but they might just look into it.

He's not off the hook. You can believe that. This is very bad for the NFL. The other owners should be fed up with him by now. I think they just might kick his ass out of the league this time.
He's not off the hook. On top of all of the horrible crap that has happened under his watch, Snyder is not liked by the owners, the franchise has consistently been a thorn in the side of the NFL, and the minority owners of the team want out.

Honestly, at this point is not a matter of if, but when is the NFL going to force Snyder out.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 09:34 AM   #88
Ohioskins
Special Teams

I don't care.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 09:38 AM   #89
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post
I don't care.
And yet you took the time to write that.

Normally when I don't care I don't feel the need to say it.

Different strokes I guess.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:47 AM   #90
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
He's not off the hook. On top of all of the horrible crap that has happened under his watch, Snyder is not liked by the owners, the franchise has consistently been a thorn in the side of the NFL, and the minority owners of the team want out.

Honestly, at this point is not a matter of if, but when is the NFL going to force Snyder out.
There are also many avenues to get him out without asking the owners to vote on the matter. His sponsors abandoning him is one. As cashflow, the current and future value of his franchise, the inability to sell luxury boxes and even plebeian seats, the as yet unknown negative effects of the Covid-19 crisis, etc. squeeze him tighter financially, he'll sell.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote