Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Why aren't the Redskins winning at home?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #76
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Why aren't the Redskins winning at home?

The Curse.

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #77
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
Ok, so no standing at a football game. Got it. Only cheering from a seated position is acceptable these days.

Dude, it's perfectly understandable to stand when you're cheering on the defense on a crucial play, but to stand for most of the game? I can understand people around you getting sick of you having your butt in their face the entire time. Sit your happy ass down and have another hot dog!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #78
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
The Curse.

Ceratto's negative shadow still looms. I guess it's going to take one or two more drafts and a free agent signing or two for Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan to completely undo the mess that Cerrato left behind.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #79
Brody81
Impact Rookie

It's the DC sports curse...After last night, i'm not sure i can handle another home lose..
Brody81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #80
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
The 2005 OT win over Jacksonville, the win against the Bears just days after burying Sean Taylor, the Troy Vincent block against the Cowboys...none of those as exciting?
The Jacksonville game was in 2006

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #81
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
The Jacksonville game was in 2006
Good point
Old 10-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #82
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Good point
Either way, it was exciting as hell.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #83
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

People look at Cerrato and/or Snyder as the curse. I think Snyder is more than likely the problem, but heres something which may be the bigger problem that people don't mention often...

Since we've been in FedEx we haven't gone back to a super bowl. We need to be back in DC, tear down RFK and rebuild it!
Old 10-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #84
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Dude, it's perfectly understandable to stand when you're cheering on the defense on a crucial play, but to stand for most of the game? I can understand people around you getting sick of you having your butt in their face the entire time. Sit your happy ass down and have another hot dog!
Every defensive play is crucial.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:00 AM   #85
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Here is a quote from a Post article from when FedEx first opened...

Go back to the Giants and Dallas games in '05. I guarantee those games were louder than any RFK game.
I attended that Giants game in 2005 which was loud, but nowhere near as loud as the Giants game in '87, which I also attended, when the Skins came back from a 13 point halftime deficit to win. It was so loud when the Giants offense was on the field that I could not hear my brother shouting in my ear right next to me, and my ears were still ringing two days later. My hearing wasn't temporarily impaired after the great win in '05. All that said, yesterday's noise after RG3's signature TD run was as loud as I've ever heard FedEx on TV.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #86
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Every defensive play is crucial.
My point isn't to argue what plays are crucial or not, my point is to say that the people behind you paid good money for their tickets just like you did, and should be given the opportunity to enjoy the game as comfortable as possible. I understand you feel most comfortable standing and cheering the team on, and don't get me wrong, I appreciate fans like you who will get up and cheer loud and proud for our team. And thank goodness that now you have the ability to do so, without fear of getting ejected, by purchasing standing room only "seats" and standing until your heart's content.

But, you need to be cognoscente of the fact that since these people did pay to attend the game as well, they should be given the opportunity to sit and watch the game without an obstructed view from fans who refuse to sit. Sure, it's not an opera or a night out at the movies, but it's still a costly form of entertainment that all who attend should be able to sit and watch the game as comfortable as what the stadium provides, so that their experience will be enjoyable enough for the fans to want to come back for future games. It's a business, cpayne. And while you'll argue that you should have as much right to stand the entire game and watch it, I hate to tell you, but you really don't have that privilege unless you purchase standing room tickets. Nine times out of ten, the sitters will always win, because they are utilizing a service (the seats) that is advertised as part of the "Redskins experience." And, if there are fans who are not allowing fans behind them to utilize this service, then those standing fans are being obstructive.

I'm in no way saying fans should never stand and cheer - as I'm sure that's probably all you'll get out of this post. I'm just saying to be a little more aware of your surroundings. If people around you, especially behind you, are not standing as much as you are, then show some humility and respect and be willing to sit so they can watch the game. Likewise, if you're "sitting" in a section where people are more likely to stand and enjoy the game, then you know you can do so as well. I'm sure in the future it will be a non-issue as you'll have the option to by standing tickets, and the Redskins will start winning on more of a regular basis so that people won't be as uptight over the seats and be more excited with the game.