Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Parking Lot

Old 02-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #76
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
^ I think this is where Bungie does a good job with Halo and keeping you grouped with "like" skill level players. Even if you completely suck at MW2 over time you will reach level 70 but in Halo with Bunge's scoring system only the best reach the highest level, which is normally that annoying 15 year old so I never have to play him.
See, Battlefield Heroes does the same thing, but I end up getting put there with the same douchebags.

When I criticize them for saying the word "noob" (I'm sorry, but that word is my least favorite word in the English language) they are like, "How old are YOU then?"

When I explain I'm 28, they act like I should be sitting around in my top hat drinking brandy. I'll never stop playing video games. I enjoy them and they're like any other hobby that's considered "adult". My problem with the word noob is that it's SO meaningless. They use it as nouns, verbs, adjectives and it's just so stupid. Like people get bent out of shape when they get called it on a game and I'm just like . It's a game. I know I'm totally wrong in even attempting this, but sometimes if I can stop ONE person from ever saying noob again I feel like I've accomplished something.

I can't even play MW2 because of the little idiots I hear on their headsets thinking they're comedians. Battlefield Heroes has people who say "last kill" or post their stats at the end of the game. Like anyone gives a shit. Grrr.

[/rant]

Advertisements
Old 02-25-2010, 10:10 AM   #77
MTK
\m/

If I'm playing alone I don't use my headset. I keep it plugged in so I don't have to hear the morons over my TV, but I don't keep the headset on.

When I'm playing with a friend we'll just have a private chat going on.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:25 AM   #78
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
If I'm playing alone I don't use my headset. I keep it plugged in so I don't have to hear the morons over my TV, but I don't keep the headset on.

Agreed I don't even have a head phone anymore. Anyone talks in the lobby automatic mute from me. I have never heard one intelligent thing over the "air". One time on team death match I kept this guy off mute he sound older like in his twenties. He was yelling and caring on like he was a drill Sergent or something.

Example:

"Come on boys lets light em up, keep those guns hot." "Flank left flank right!"

Stuff like that and he was dead serious. Totally douche, I wish I could remember his screen name he probably does it forever game.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #79
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:

If I could disable chat in the games I play, I would. NOTHING constructive is ever said.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #80
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

they should just allow you to use private chat in game. That way you can lock it down to the 2 or 3 people you know that you're playing with and not annoy anyone else with your conversation, or be annoyed by the attention starved prepubescent with turret's syndrome.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #81
mredskins
Gamebreaker

I bought Heavy Rain last night. just start really playing it, really good stuff.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #82
MTK
\m/

Sending Batman back today, Assassin's Creed 2 on the way
Old 02-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #83
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Did you give up on Batman or beat it?

Never even played AC 1 any good?
Old 02-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #84
MTK
\m/

Gave up on Batman, solid game just not my cup of tea.

I liked AC1 but it got really repetitive quick, I've head the 2nd one avoids that so we'll see.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #85
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

i would love to get new games, but i'm still playing Fallout 3. I just got it in late January, the GOTY edition...and man i am blown away every single time I play.

What is Heavy Rain about? i like survival horror games...does it have any scary parts??
Old 02-26-2010, 04:27 PM   #86
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
The game is absolutely trippy so far and at times really brutal to play just because of the nature of the story. It is probably just a single play through for me because I don't know if I could go through some of these situations multiple times.
Only cost me $24 for Heavy Rain. Gamestop had this crazy trade in fest (50% added on) and I ended up getting $36 for Silent Hill Shattered Memories (PS2), Metal Gear Solid 4, and COD 4. This was a month after they offered me like $5 for both MGS4 and COD4 combined. I was going to trade in my PS2 but this weird crack in the back on the AV slot stopped them from allowing me to trade it in. Just as well, I didn't really want to trade it in but I could do without it and I've been excited about Heavy Rain for a while now.

I'm currently saving up for Final Fantasy XIII. Hoping it's good but it seems to be getting mixed reviews. Either way only thing I really want is a game with a good story. After that I'll probably end up trading in Heavy Rain and FFXIII for Dead Rising 2 when it comes out in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post

What is Heavy Rain about? i like survival horror games...does it have any scary parts??
It's more of a thriller/murder mystery then a horror game but as suggested befor,e try the demo before you buy it, or better yet rent it. It's definitely a niche game but a nice departure from the traditional I have to shoot something or play a sport type game. One things for sure though the graphics are possibly the best ever seen in a video game, at least on a console.

Quote:
You'll like it. Very deep story and fun gameplay. Though there are some things they could have done better. Anyway great game overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
they should just allow you to use private chat in game. That way you can lock it down to the 2 or 3 people you know that you're playing with and not annoy anyone else with your conversation, or be annoyed by the attention starved prepubescent with turret's syndrome.
One of the worse things Microsoft did in my opinion was include a headset with every XBOX. PSN you still have douches but there fewer and farther between.

Also to XBOX owners if you turn on the family settings on your X-Box you can stop all voice chat. Everyone automatically gets muted. It really is a wonderful feature, I wish PS3 had that but instead I usually get releagated to plugging in my mic and leaving it on the floor with my mic set to mute so I can't be heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
BTW- If you have Final Fantsay 7 for PS1 hanging around the house it is selling for a mint right now on eBay. I found my copy last night.
Lol, $5 or $10 on PSN and people are shelving out big bucks for it? Got to love collectors. I still have my disk but they're scratched to hell.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:42 PM   #87
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Gave up on Batman, solid game just not my cup of tea.

I liked AC1 but it got really repetitive quick, I've head the 2nd one avoids that so we'll see.
I liked AC2 a lot. And the two new add-ons are available as well.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #88
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Only cost me $24 for Heavy Rain. Gamestop had this crazy trade in fest (50% added on) and I ended up getting $36 for Silent Hill Shattered Memories (PS2), Metal Gear Solid 4, and COD 4. This was a month after they offered me like $5 for both MGS4 and COD4 combined. I was going to trade in my PS2 but this weird crack in the back on the AV slot stopped them from allowing me to trade it in. Just as well, I didn't really want to trade it in but I could do without it and I've been excited about Heavy Rain for a while now.

I'm currently saving up for Final Fantasy XIII. Hoping it's good but it seems to be getting mixed reviews. Either way only thing I really want is a game with a good story. After that I'll probably end up trading in Heavy Rain and FFXIII for Dead Rising 2 when it comes out in August.
I'm gonna trade in my copy of heavy rain next week while it's still worth about $40ish with the current 50% extra deal cuz I just can't play through it again, but it is cool that myself and the couple other people who I know who've beaten the game have had completely different outcomes than myself.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #89
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
I'm gonna trade in my copy of heavy rain next week while it's still worth about $40ish with the current 50% extra deal cuz I just can't play through it again, but it is cool that myself and the couple other people who I know who've beaten the game have had completely different outcomes than myself.

Sell it on ebay, get more money.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:58 PM   #90
mredskins
Gamebreaker

I finished Heavy Rain very interesting, I want to compare notes with Dirtbag359.

Friend let me borrow Batman title for 360 and I got Mario Kart.