Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell

B Lloyd - I'm starting to despise this worthless piece of trash

Thread Hell

Old 08-15-2006, 06:14 PM   #76
redskinsfanatic

Re: B Lloyd - I'm starting to despise this worthless piece of trash

the redskins have played 1 pre season game-ONE!all of you guys are whinning and crying like somebody stepped on your nuts,and poured bootleg on them!
why do you think it's called preseason anyhow?give the guy till at least week two to judge his skills on the field for god's sake please!

Advertisements
Old 08-15-2006, 06:47 PM   #77
GTripp0012
Living Legend

I'm reading straight from Lloyd's blurb in the Pro Football Prospectus 2006.

Quote:
Lloyd is developing into a Marcus Robinson type-he'll outjump anyone for the ball and catch some deep passes, but he's timid over the middle and disappears for long stretches. He seemed to be a better citizen in 2005, but the talent-poor Niners wouldn't have traded him for midround draft picks if he was a locker room favorite. He'll probably start for the Redskins with Antwaan Randle El playing in the slot. As for his rap career (creative stage name: B.Lloyd) let's just say that neither Allen Iverson nor William Hung feels threatened.
His stats are projected at 37 REC for 512 yards and 2 TDs.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:55 PM   #78
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Bryant is projected at 62 REC for 928 yards and 5 TDs.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:48 PM   #79
Rexi
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Lloyd is decent but I am a bit concerned about whether he will step up and be a valuable #2. I was very impressed with the catch he had on Sunday but then again I didn't see him hustle back to catch the DB after the INT and some have suggested he was suppose to alter his route and partial to blame for the INT.

The point is Lloyd hasn't proven himself yet. I hope he does. If we get 900 yards out of him I'll be ecstatic.

As for Antonio Bryant, well, you'd be mistaken to think he is worth a damn. He left Dallas after thinking he was god's gift to man and there was a reason why Cleveland didn't want to resign him. Frankly, now he is playing for a bottom feeding 49'ers team. Yeah, good luck with that.
You just said Lloyd is decent, he is not read back a few pages and my posts tell you why he isn't.

I think Bryant is worth a damn and a lot more. If Cleveland didn't want to resign him it's their loss because this kid can play, he is coming off his 1st 1,000 yd season after all. The character issue you refer to was 2 years ago and he sounds like he has matured since then. If you want character issues, look no further than Brandon Lloyd.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:52 PM   #80
Rexi
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by illdefined View Post
ok, can we end this thread now?

hungry Randle El and Patten are right there behind him. and Stan Hixon (WR coach) and Gibbs are right on top of him.

no offense Rexi, but if Lloyd pulled back in San Fran, it's because it was San Fran. that crap won't stand for long here.
You want a WR who 'pulls back'? What happens when you need him to get the tough yards in a certain situation and he alligator arms a ball or he does catch it and jumps on the ground as soon as a DB gets close? If I were you I would want that trash off of my team ASAP.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:02 PM   #81
superskins
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexi View Post
You just said Lloyd is decent, he is not read back a few pages and my posts tell you why he isn't.

I think Bryant is worth a damn and a lot more. If Cleveland didn't want to resign him it's their loss because this kid can play, he is coming off his 1st 1,000 yd season after all. The character issue you refer to was 2 years ago and he sounds like he has matured since then. If you want character issues, look no further than Brandon Lloyd.
lloyd can also play my friend.
we'll see how the season goes before we pass judgement on anyone. maybe both players will have breakout years. so if lloyd turns out to be a slaker who takes plays off and is bad in the locker room, then you can talk all he trash u want. but until then SHUT-UP REXI!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:12 PM   #82
Rexi
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by superskins View Post
lloyd can also play my friend.
we'll see how the season goes before we pass judgement on anyone. maybe both players will have breakout years. so if lloyd turns out to be a slaker who takes plays off and is bad in the locker room, then you can talk all he trash u want. but until then SHUT-UP REXI!
I'll shut up when Lloyd gives me a reason to. Judging by Sunday's game, where his mental mistake resulted in an injury to Clinton Portis who made a great tackle while giving 100 percent during a preseason game.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:39 PM   #83
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

Rexi, chill. In what way does this incessant trashing of Lloyd make your life better?
Old 08-15-2006, 09:47 PM   #84
superskins
Special Teams

Quote:
I'll shut up when Lloyd gives me a reason to. Judging by Sunday's game, where his mental mistake resulted in an injury to Clinton Portis who made a great tackle while giving 100 percent during a preseason game.
why are u so worked up? don't worry about it. he's our "problem" now and you dont have to worry about him. have fun watching your shitty ass 49ers (except vernon davis) have a terrible year, while lloyd and the rest of the redskins are celebrating in miami with the lombardi trophy
Old 08-15-2006, 09:48 PM   #85
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:

You have a misguided obsession and a Randy Cross mullet.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:26 AM   #86
illdefined
Playmaker

Quote:
You want a WR who 'pulls back'? What happens when you need him to get the tough yards in a certain situation and he alligator arms a ball or he does catch it and jumps on the ground as soon as a DB gets close? If I were you I would want that trash off of my team ASAP.
i tried reason, but you're just being irrational now. i just said IF what you said is true, it will either be worked out of him, or he won't be here long.

if i were you, i'd pick any other team in the league to obsess about 'pulling back' than the SF 49ers. I don't know how those players get up in the morning.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:10 AM   #87
Rexi
Special Teams

Ah, more Niner bashing. Priceless...

If every post was just arguing about Lloyd I would have given up trying to enlighten Lloyd fans a long time ago. It's just when every reply became a misenformed bash of the 49ers instead of a post in defense of Lloyd that really pissed me off and got me in good Lloyd trashing mode. Which is quite easy to do seeing as he is well... you know.

Do not take this as every poster, but most opted insult the 49ers rather than actually debate the Lloyd. There were some intelligent posts that I enjoyed debating though.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:13 AM   #88
Rexi
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by superskins View Post
why are u so worked up? don't worry about it. he's our "problem" now and you dont have to worry about him. have fun watching your shitty ass 49ers (except vernon davis) have a terrible year, while lloyd and the rest of the redskins are celebrating in miami with the lombardi trophy
Ah I see that you know your football. The 49ers clearly have not improved at all this offseason....

That was sarcasm...
Old 08-16-2006, 01:20 AM   #89
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Ah, more Niner bashing. Priceless...

If every post was just arguing about Lloyd I would have given up trying to enlighten Lloyd fans a long time ago. It's just when every reply became a misenformed bash of the 49ers instead of a post in defense of Lloyd that really pissed me off and got me in good Lloyd trashing mode. Which is quite easy to do seeing as he is well... you know.

Do not take this as every poster, but most opted insult the 49ers rather than actually debate the Lloyd. There were some intelligent posts that I enjoyed debating though.
Debate the Lloyd. Nice. I like that. But the point is that we have repeatedly said that we're happy he's here. That, from our point of view, he has been a model player/person since arriving and he has increasingly put up good numbers and he's now hitting his peak. You keep harping on one play that happened two years ago and talking about how he's soft. And we say "Well let's see what happens this year with Lloyd here and Bryant in San Fran." And you say "But no! You all don't understand"

And frankly, it's getting stupid and boring. But you just won't shut up about it. Can I go babble on incessantly at your 49ers board about Taylor Jacobs?

So I'm going to hijack this thread now. Clearly, TheWarpath.net is on my mind way too much. This afternoon I was scheduling some shows for ESPN2 in 2007 for Saturday and Sunday mornings. So I enter all these changes into the system (insert the start and end times, etc) and then I go to title it and I titled it TheWarpath.net! Oops. Just think, you all could have been watching TheWarpath.net every weekend mornign on ESPN2.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:15 AM   #90
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

yeah, i have referred to myself as THE BSB a few times in real life. Thats wierd.

You should make the ticker say, thewarpath.net rules and they hate that fat piece of shit pastabelli. ... Yeah.