Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Cards post game

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-11-2023, 03:19 PM   #76
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Cards post game

Sad to see this kind of shit going on around NFL stadiums, this was Fedex.

https://x.com/ASAPedro831/status/170...997916191?s=20

https://x.com/uSTADIUM/status/1701279360953585764?s=20

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-11-2023, 03:24 PM   #77
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Cards post game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post

Nothing new though. Been drunk assholes at games since there have been games. As a child my parents were season ticket holders for the birds. Went every Sunday from 1974-1984.

Last edited by punch it in; 09-11-2023 at 03:56 PM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 04:00 PM   #78
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Definitely did I would imagine since he came over from the Chiefs but Ron is the HC, and he is responsible for not drafting a tackle in the second.
Look, if a tackle would have been available in the first round for the taking, and the team didn't take it, I'd be fine with all the complaining. But that didn't happen.

Everyone is complaining about not taking a second round o-lineman, like any o-lineman would have been a sure fire starter. Have you seen the history of this team with second round players? It just shows you that anything beyond the first round is a toss up. Hell, even the first round is a toss up.

Both fans and the media just need to demand a better output from players and coaches. The current o-line needs to get their shit together and play better, and coaches, from the the o-line coaches all the way up to the Ron, need to figure out how to make these current players work out. If not ,then they are all going to be sent packing at the end of the season.

Sorry, but I'm just getting sick and tired of the same "wah wah, Ron should have drafted lineman in the second round" like that is the answer to everything.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 04:02 PM   #79
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

Side note: I never understand the logic of going to a football game, and wearing the gear of a football team that is not playing in said football game.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-11-2023, 05:14 PM   #80
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Look, if a tackle would have been available in the first round for the taking, and the team didn't take it, I'd be fine with all the complaining. But that didn't happen.

Everyone is complaining about not taking a second round o-lineman, like any o-lineman would have been a sure fire starter. Have you seen the history of this team with second round players? It just shows you that anything beyond the first round is a toss up. Hell, even the first round is a toss up.

Both fans and the media just need to demand a better output from players and coaches. The current o-line needs to get their shit together and play better, and coaches, from the the o-line coaches all the way up to the Ron, need to figure out how to make these current players work out. If not ,then they are all going to be sent packing at the end of the season.

Sorry, but I'm just getting sick and tired of the same "wah wah, Ron should have drafted lineman in the second round" like that is the answer to everything.
Maybe he should have hired an experienced OL line coach after Matsko was let go. https://www.commanders.com/team/coac...avelle-wharton

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 05:43 PM   #81
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Cards post game

Quote:

So Martin was a sure fire starter? He was no more a sure thing than any olineman and oline was where we were lacking. So yea it is a gamble but for God sakes gamble on something you need.
Old 09-11-2023, 06:17 PM   #82
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
So Martin was a sure fire starter? He was no more a sure thing than any olineman and oline was where we were lacking. So yea it is a gamble but for God sakes gamble on something you need.
He's not a sure fire starter, further proving my point that drafting a 2nd round oline is not the solution you keep yapping about.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-11-2023, 06:17 PM   #83
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Maybe he should have hired an experienced OL line coach after Matsko was let go. https://www.commanders.com/team/coac...avelle-wharton
Good point about Matsko, I was surprised that he was let go.

R.I.P. #21
Old 09-11-2023, 06:26 PM   #84
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
He's not a sure fire starter, further proving my point that drafting a 2nd round oline is not the solution you keep yapping about.

You made the statement that no olineman was a sure fire starter. But we took a dback that was rated below those lineman that were available and we needed help more on the line. You are literally the only one ok with that pick at this point. It was an awful pick than. Its an awful pick now.

How in the hell does swinging and missing on a dback that looks like he isn’t getting back up your point that ignoring the oline was a good idea? Thats ridiculous. And its a forum for talking about football, so stop getting your panties in a bunch when ever someone disagrees with you.
Old 09-11-2023, 06:41 PM   #85
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
You made the statement that no olineman was a sure fire starter. But we took a dback that was rated below those lineman that were available and we needed help more on the line. You are literally the only one ok with that pick at this point. It was an awful pick than. Its an awful pick now.

How in the hell does swinging and missing on a dback that looks like he isn’t getting back up your point that ignoring the oline was a good idea? Thats ridiculous. And its a forum for talking about football, so stop getting your panties in a bunch when ever someone disagrees with you.
I'm not getting my panties in a bunch because you're disagreeing with me. I just keep seeing people harping about the second round like that's the f*cking solution to everything.

I don't think Martin was the best pick, but I also don't think picking an o-lineman was the sure fire answer you think it would have been.

You think Ron is the worst coach in the league, but somehow him picking an offensive lineman in the 2nd round would have worked out?

R.I.P. #21
Old 09-11-2023, 06:48 PM   #86
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Side note: I never understand the logic of going to a football game, and wearing the gear of a football team that is not playing in said football game.
+1000
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 06:50 PM   #87
Meks
Pro Bowl

It's a shot at something better than we already have on the o-line. I feel like the coaching and scouting staff are mediocre and I wouldn't trust them that much anyway.

I'd rather taken a shot on an o-linemen than Martin is all most of us are feeling.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 06:52 PM   #88
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Cards post game

Quote:
I'm not getting my panties in a bunch because you're disagreeing with me.

I don't think Martin was the best pick, but I also don't think picking an o-lineman was the sure fire answer you think it would have been.

You think Ron is the worst coach in the league, but somehow him picking an offensive lineman in the 2nd round would have worked out?

Well when you tell someone they are “yapping” it turns from a discussion into a bunched panties situation.

You’re putting alot of words in my mouth so Ill try to explain what I am saying. Which, I believe a lot of people, even in this forum, are saying. Like Meks just did as I was writing this.

I never said anything was a sure fire answer because as we all know nothing is a sure thing BUT it is pretty fuckin clear where our main deficiency lies. It was pretty clear where it lied during the draft. O line. So with more than one highly graded olineman available, yes taking a dback was a head scratcher. Now after what we saw yesterday it is a problem. Would Mauch, or Torrence have made a difference? Who knows? Im simply saying that reaching on a dback when there were higher graded players at a position of actual need was and is silly.

Also, I never said Ron was “the worst coach in the league “. I said he was not a good one. Not sure many people disagree with that either.

Not yapping. Not doom and gloom. Simply wondering, like many other fans why we didn’t address the oline more seriously because it was a shit show last year. We had a decent secondary and took Forbes in the first. Taking Martin in the second was unnecessary and counter productive. That is all. Don’t mean im not a true fan or a crybaby. Lol. Simply means I think they dropped the ball on that pick. And as Meks pointed out, why not take a shot at improving the oline instead of depth in the secondary? At least if it didn’t work out the pick made sense.
Old 09-11-2023, 07:02 PM   #89
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Maybe he should have hired an experienced OL line coach after Matsko was let go.
What's the difference? They both met the primary qualification for coaches and free agents here - namely they were with Ron Rivera in Carolina. Yep, that's all it takes for Ron, so he just promoted the assistant OL coach. It also saved time that would have been lost in unnecessary interviews with people who hadn't worked with him in Carolina.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 07:03 PM   #90
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
What's the difference? They both met the primary qualification for coaches and free agents here - namely they were with Ron Rivera in Carolina. Yep, that's all it takes for Ron, so he just promoted the assistant OL coach. It also saved time that would have been lost in unnecessary interviews with people who hadn't worked with him in Carolina.