Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Chase Young to reserve/PUP list; out at least first four games

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-21-2022, 04:39 PM   #1
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Chase Young to reserve/PUP list; out at least first four games

I hope he forgot how to stutter step during the extended absence.

I kid, I'm very happy to see him back even if it won't be much. Just something to give him a taste and then head into an important offseason of full time work.
Old 11-21-2022, 05:10 PM   #2
skinsfan69
Living Legend

not really expecting much for Chase this year. plus the defense is playing it's best in a while w/out him. gotta give dust up boy some credit. he has gotten these guys playing a lot better.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 05:58 PM   #3
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
not really expecting much for Chase this year. plus the defense is playing it's best in a while w/out him. gotta give dust up boy some credit. he has gotten these guys playing a lot better.
My thoughts exactly. He hasn't played football in awhile and our dline is rocking right now. I only want him in when he returns this year in obvious passing downs. Just ease him in slowly. He cannot be a liability against the run.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 06:41 PM   #4
skinsfan69
Living Legend

plus the last we saw of Chase he was playing poorly. i just don't feel like there is any need to put him on the field just for the sake of putting him in cause of who he is and where he was drafted. he has to be 100% and he has to work his way back in. i'd only give him a few plays, maybe 10-15 and see how he looks. play the defense, don't try to be Superman and so on.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 07:23 PM   #5
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

They have already said his snap count will be pretty low first game back, and he will work his way up from there. There is no rush anyway because like you guys said the D is playing damn well. That being said he certainly should not be a liability.

There is a part of me that feels like he is never going to be what we thought he would be but my fingers are crossed. If Sweat, Allen, and Payne continue to do what they are doing and he returns to form the sky is the limit.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 01:50 AM   #6
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
They have already said his snap count will be pretty low first game back, and he will work his way up from there. There is no rush anyway because like you guys said the D is playing damn well. That being said he certainly should not be a liability.

There is a part of me that feels like he is never going to be what we thought he would be but my fingers are crossed. If Sweat, Allen, and Payne continue to do what they are doing and he returns to form the sky is the limit.
I'm with you on the side of not expecting too much out of him before late this season/next year... But after seeing Sweat finally become what we expected him to be after a somewhat disappointing start to his career, I say give the kid some time before we lose hope. His rookie season was really impressive. Let's hope the injury humbled him back into a hard working promising young player.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2022, 08:37 PM   #7
Skinsfanatic
The Starter

Imagine a world where Chase comes back, humbled and/or wiser, and isn’t constantly chipped or doubled because he is joining a defense that has already proven it is good without him.
Skinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 09:29 AM   #8
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfanatic View Post
Imagine a world where Chase comes back, humbled and/or wiser, and isn’t constantly chipped or doubled because he is joining a defense that has already proven it is good without him.
A constant problem last year with the defense was free styling and not buying into the scheme. This year started slow and now the defense is rolling…do you think there is any concern from staff of Chase coming back and breaking up this chemistry?

Replacing the Dline coach seems to have really help this defense a lot

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 10:29 AM   #9
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
A constant problem last year with the defense was free styling and not buying into the scheme. This year started slow and now the defense is rolling…do you think there is any concern from staff of Chase coming back and breaking up this chemistry?

Agreed. Hate to say it but it definitely looks like Sam Mills wasn't the right guy for the job.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:27 AM   #10
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

I completely agree with you, the free styling/selfishness issue was a huge problem with the D-Lineman and our DE's in particular. They were all looking for the big sack/big play and not reading and reacting.
For the first time in decades I recently (in the last few weeks) saw our DE's actually cover their gap responsibility in the running game and also blow up screen plays because they actually stopped and read the play successfully. In the past they used to sprint as fast they could to the QB. Now when the O-lineman lets the DE's unblocked they look around and read. They do not fall into the trap. Smart football finally.
Chase Young is going to have to play team football. The team winning is more important than your sack stats.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 10:30 AM   #11
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I completely agree with you, the free styling/selfishness issue was a huge problem with the D-Lineman and our DE's in particular. They were all looking for the big sack/big play and not reading and reacting.
For the first time in decades I recently (in the last few weeks) saw our DE's actually cover their gap responsibility in the running game and also blow up screen plays because they actually stopped and read the play successfully. In the past they used to sprint as fast they could to the QB. Now when the O-lineman lets the DE's unblocked they look around and read. They do not fall into the trap. Smart football finally.
Chase Young is going to have to play team football. The team winning is more important than your sack stats.
Good assessment. And now there's a true Alpha on the line in Jon Allen. Even a guy of Chase's stature needs to follow the lead of the soon-to-be All Pro DT. I think he will.
Old 11-21-2022, 09:53 PM   #12
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Given how slow his recovery is going, I expect him to start slow out of the gate. Hopefully by the end of the year he will be going full speed again.
Old 11-23-2022, 10:44 AM   #13
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I think a lot of people have given up too soon on Chase becoming an outstanding player. For one thing, Chase was excellent against the run right out of the box (as was Montez). This has been generally undervalued by fans. I'm not being myopic about why he was drafted; he was drafted to terrorize QBs. But I have mentioned one thing he already does very well that some pass rushers never develop - the ability to stop the run. So he has that. And we know that he has extraordinary physical gifts.

What he hasn't shown yet is a variety of pass rush moves that I think he needs to develop to dominate NFL caliber offensive linemen. I believe that will come in time and when he is fully healthy he will become the player we haved hoped for. Don't give up on Chase.
Old 11-23-2022, 07:57 PM   #14
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I think a lot of people have given up too soon on Chase becoming an outstanding player. For one thing, Chase was excellent against the run right out of the box (as was Montez). This has been generally undervalued by fans. I'm not being myopic about why he was drafted; he was drafted to terrorize QBs. But I have mentioned one thing he already does very well that some pass rushers never develop - the ability to stop the run. So he has that. And we know that he has extraordinary physical gifts.

What he hasn't shown yet is a variety of pass rush moves that I think he needs to develop to dominate NFL caliber offensive linemen. I believe that will come in time and when he is fully healthy he will become the player we haved hoped for. Don't give up on Chase.
I’ve never given up on Chase or Montez, you would be a fool too. Great rookie season followed by sophomore slump and Injury, we haven’t seen enough to judge him. People will say well about Micah Parsons, who cares he doesn’t play here.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 09:56 PM   #15
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I’ve never given up on Chase or Montez, you would be a fool too. Great rookie season followed by sophomore slump and Injury, we haven’t seen enough to judge him. People will say well about Micah Parsons, who cares he doesn’t play here.
Agreed. Long way to go in Chase's career - however his last season before he got injured was cause for concern. Hope it was just a bump in the road though. We'll see soon enough.