Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Election Day

Debating with the enemy

View Poll Results: Anonymous Presidential Poll: Who did you vote for?
Clinton 16 44.44%
Trump 13 36.11%
Johnson 4 11.11%
Stein 1 2.78%
Other 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2016, 08:44 AM   #1
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Re: Election Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I know people are all about change, but is this really the change we need? The guy is a climate change denier, that's disturbing.

He wants to appoint Supreme Court Justices that will reverse Roe v Wade, his word folks, that's horrifying.

Feels like the country cut it's own nose off to spite it's face.
Some say cutting off the nose was worth it because we got our balls back.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:01 AM   #2
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Again, I think he's a terrible guy and 100% unqualified to be President, but I was/am still going to give it a chance.

Bad start so far with who is appointing. Not inspiring much confidence.

Was reading what he was going to do immediately:
1) Repeal Obamacare. I've always thought this needed re-working, so as long as something improved is put in it's place, I'm actually OK with this. A flat-out repeal with no other plan I do not support.

2) Defund Planned Parenthood. This one is take a LOT of issue with. Most of the people I know that supported Trump, voted for him on this single issue.

3) SO MANY environmental issues to name. He didn't mention a lot of this during his campaign, but if anyone cares about that at all, he's going to absolutely fuck the environment.

Things he's not going to do/can't do:
1) Build the wall. Most liberal/conservative sources I've read say there's no way in hell that happens. Expensive. Unpopular.

2) Suddenly doesn't have a hard line stance on Muslims. No mass deportation.

I'm wondering how the insane (and there were insane people on both sides) supporters will feel when he hasn't deported every Muslim and hasn't built the wall?

I'm trying hard to squint and see some positives, but it's really difficult right now, even if they're just intentions right now.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:08 AM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

So if we don't build a wall, are you saying your currently satisfied with the security of the border? Your satisfied with the flow of undocumented folks coming across the border? With the flow of drugs and human trafficking? Human trafficking is big business for bad hombres. What about American Citizens living along the border? Pretty much eff them? Those folks don't deserve the security?

Im kinda lost with folks who think we shouldn't secure the border. So are you good with people just walking through your own property...what about if they are carrying drugs and guns?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:13 AM   #4
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So if we don't build a wall, are you saying your currently satisfied with the security of the border? Your satisfied with the flow of undocumented folks coming across the border? With the flow of drugs and human trafficking? Human trafficking is big business for bad hombres. What about American Citizens living along the border? Pretty much eff them? Those folks don't deserve the security?

Im kinda lost with folks who think we shouldn't secure the border. So are you good with people just walking through your own property...what about if they are carrying drugs and guns?
The wall is an idea, but it actually working seems logistical impossible.

This is a documentary on a wall they have already built; pretty much doesn't work. Just keeps wild life from being able to get to their feeding grounds.

No matter what wall you build folks will figure out how to go over it or under it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x53KXfJl4aY
Old 11-10-2016, 09:29 AM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
The wall is an idea, but it actually working seems logistical impossible.

This is a documentary on a wall they have already built; pretty much doesn't work. Just keeps wild life from being able to get to their feeding grounds.

No matter what wall you build folks will figure out how to go over it or under it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x53KXfJl4aY
ill peak at that when I get home...I just think with the available technology maybe a physical barrier isn't needed. I surely think we could do a better job. Are folks saying we cant do something? interesting.

Why do you think people who want to immigrate into a country and then don't want to follow the immigration law...why cant they just follow the rules? Do you think its ok for people to generally to break a federal law within the first couple minutes of arriving in the country by steppin across the border? How should we feel as citizens about this?

He Gets Us
Old 11-10-2016, 10:58 AM   #6
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
ill peak at that when I get home...I just think with the available technology maybe a physical barrier isn't needed. I surely think we could do a better job. Are folks saying we cant do something? interesting.

Why do you think people who want to immigrate into a country and then don't want to follow the immigration law...why cant they just follow the rules? Do you think its ok for people to generally to break a federal law within the first couple minutes of arriving in the country by steppin across the border? How should we feel as citizens about this?
U asking me? I am just telling yo ua wall will be difficult. Unless we build the 8th wonder of the world probably not going be a wall.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:17 AM   #7
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Voter turnout for the past 3 elections.

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 11:26 AM   #8
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
U asking me? I am just telling yo ua wall will be difficult. Unless we build the 8th wonder of the world probably not going be a wall.
no general question for the group. 8th wonder of world...that sounds very trump-like lol

He Gets Us
Old 11-10-2016, 09:28 AM   #9
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Election Day

Quote:

There will be no wall. There will be no mass deportation. There will be no special prosecutor to jail Hillary for no reason. These are all false promises made by a false messiah.
There are plenty of people carrying guns and drugs (possibly we might search your pockets right now), that are not fucking mexican.
Crazy Chico but I never would have pegged you for such a hard line Trumpeter? You bit hard on this guy huh?
Edit: i know you are talking about hard drugs, but come on to blame gun violence and drug trafficking on illegal aliens is so foolish. We cannot just live in a bubble and sing grand ole flag every day. Not what this country stands for. Not even close.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:32 AM   #10
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
There will be no wall. There will be no mass deportation. There will be no special prosecutor to jail Hillary for no reason. These are all false promises made by a false messiah.
There are plenty of people carrying guns and drugs (possibly we might search your pockets right now), that are not fucking mexican.
Crazy Chico but I never would have pegged you for such a hard line Trumpeter? You bit hard on this guy huh?
No Im just fed up with the direction of the country. Trump is a slimeball, but I have enjoyed the message that was sent very very much.

He Gets Us
Old 11-10-2016, 09:40 AM   #11
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Election Day

Quote:
No Im just fed up with the direction of the country. Trump is a slimeball, but I have enjoyed the message that was sent very very much.

Great message - way wrong guy.
Also, just remember- the grass isnt always greener and be extremely careful what you wish for...
Edit: by great message I do not at all mean - deport people build walls or any of that nonsense. I just mean the message to the government that someone can reach the oval office from the masses if you will. Just of all the millions of choices people chose the slimiest one. Ugh
Old 11-10-2016, 09:43 AM   #12
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I apologize ,I never meant this thread to become what it has,it's purpose was to be light on a weird day.My opinion has been noted and I am done.There is no need to keep arguing with people I enjoy very much.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:45 AM   #13
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I apologize ,I never meant this thread to become what it has,it's purpose was to be light on a weird day.My opinion has been noted and I am done.There is no need to keep arguing with people I enjoy very much.

Don't apologize. This is way better than Facebook. Talk about a bloody battle field. Im losing friends right and left! Lol. Fuck em.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:07 AM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
dude, Im not mad at anyone here or if we have different views of things its extremely cool. I think here we are extremely cordial, sure there is a little frustration and bitterness about opinions, but nothing where folks are emotionally irate. I think its great we can talk about the differences about issues, that's what we are suppose to do, right?

If you drift off to other media and political sites, the insane anger and hatefulness is cra-cra.

I have no problem with anybody here...in fact if someone goes, Chico your an b*tcha$$ p(meow)y mutherf******er....my first thought is well I probably deserved that.

He Gets Us
Old 11-10-2016, 11:13 AM   #15
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:

Definitely not. I'm moderate when it comes to immigration. I think we need to tighten our borders for sure, but also don't think we should be hunting down and shipping out hundreds of thousands of people. Border control is one of the more complex issues for me. While I will agree with one idea that's maybe more liberal, I will also agree with a more conservative idea.

For me, the whole idea was just flat-out stupid. In addition to the logistics, it just flat out wouldn't work.