Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #76
Kindoy
The Starter

Re: Around the NFL...Week 5 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Im still trying to figure out who decided it was racist, since it wasnt the Indians. The real racist term at that time was "Injun".

200 years ago, people called you by what the color your skin looked with the word skin after it. As much as people joke about whiteskins, thats what whites were called back then. African American/Blacks were called blackskins. Indians (both native american and from India and that part of Asia) were called redskins, and hispanics as well as chinese/japanese/korean ect were called yellowskins.

One thing I have never understood. There were these people that killed Indians at will. A group of people that said beating a 5 year old Indian child to death with the stock of the shotgun was to fun to waste a bullet on them. Yet no one wants to outlaw the sports term... COWBOYS...
There were also slaves 200 years ago, but we've seemed to have moved on from that. Comparing Cowboys to Redskins is unfair, though i won't get into it because i already regret bringing up this subject. Bottom line is nobody "decides" what is racist, either it is or it isn't. Some African Americans don't think the N word is offensive, doesn't make it okay. I could guarantee you that if the teams original name was the Washington Blacks with a black man as the logo it would've been changed by now.

I'm so over this topic. I just wanted to hypothetically entertain the thought of other possible team names.

Advertisements
Old 10-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #77
Kindoy
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Jets might go two weeks in a row w/out scoring.
TEBOW TIME!

Seriously though, that offense is the most unthreatening thing I've ever seen. At least he poses a problem.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #78
MTK
\m/

Sanchez is just awful. Might as well put Tebow in.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #79
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Bite your tongue! In all seriousness, a lot of this isn't Sanchez's fault but he does need to step it up. He's never been truly threatened for his job so he's been a bit complacent
Old 10-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #80
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Bite your tongue! In all seriousness, a lot of this isn't Sanchez's fault but he does need to step it up. He's never been truly threatened for his job so he's been a bit complacent
Not only have they not challenged him, they rewarded him with a huge contract for sucking ass. Not only will Rex be fired at the end of this season, but Tannebum will be as well.

This situation reminds me of when the Panthers extended Jake Delhomme to a huge contract right after that 6 int playoff game against Arizona. Hurney and Tannebum should both be unemployed.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 10-04-2012, 02:16 AM   #81
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

I didn't know where to put this, but this was South Park making fun of the NFL making the game too safe, the replacement refs, and Roger Goodell. Very funny if you ask me.

Sarcastaball (Season 16, Episode 8) - Full Episode Player - South Park Studios
Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #82
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Tebow will be the starter in Week 6.

They have no one to throw to. They're going to have to abandon the passing game for the Wildcat and the running game. They have no talent on offense whatsoever, so they're going to have to throw gadget plays and trickery out there and hope they can fool the opposition enough times to avoid shutouts every week.

I called it before the season...they're drafting #1 next year.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #83
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Sanchez isn't a guy who can step it up. He's rex grossman
Old 10-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #84
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
you sound like a cowboys fan defending Romo. You see his QB rating and his QBR? yikes, thats pretty bad

He Gets Us
Old 10-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #85
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Tebow will be the starter in Week 6.

They have no one to throw to. They're going to have to abandon the passing game for the Wildcat and the running game. They have no talent on offense whatsoever, so they're going to have to throw gadget plays and trickery out there and hope they can fool the opposition enough times to avoid shutouts every week.

I called it before the season...they're drafting #1 next year.
you may be right on Tebow starting, but he will win 3-5 games as starter, and NYC will be in a frenzy. No way they draft #1, and they will be stuck with Tebow at QB. Denver was smart as all to get him traded out in a way the fans felt it was a winning solution.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #86
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Look at the first quarter QB stats...man Im impressed with Andy Dalton. 4th Rated and 4th QBR as well. Dude is impressing.

NFL Total Quarterback Rating - National Football League - ESPN

He Gets Us
Old 10-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #87
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
you sound like a cowboys fan defending Romo. You see his QB rating and his QBR? yikes, thats pretty bad
I don't think they really tell the whole story from what I've seen
Old 10-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #88
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't think they really tell the whole story from what I've seen
well whats the whole story?

He Gets Us
Old 10-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #89
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
well whats the whole story?
Romo's line is worse than ours, and, unlike ours, I don't think they do much in way of scheme to make up for the inadequacies of it. Further, he is much more of a Favre type sandlot/gunslinger, which detracts from any type of rating system simply by the style of play. He may statistically be bad, but any Skins fan that has seen him elude and extend to give his receivers time, knows that he brings a certain level of "winning" to his team.

That said, he also has several things where he will lock on, or have favorite receivers, and he sure as heck can look lost, or like he's trying to hard to be a mini-manning with directing players at the line.

I don't think having Garrett as a head coach/playcaller has done much for his career either.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #90
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Bleacher Report (...here we go) put up their top 50 players at the quarter point of the season and....

42- Trent Williams- they call him one of the games elite left tackles allowing only 1 sack on a Rookie QB with not great pocket presence.

31- RG3- they basically say he's lived up to the hype and then some, and to get used to him being among the nfls top 50 players for a long time.

27- Ryan Kerrigan- 4 sacks. 5 QB hits. 15 QB hurries. PFF ranks him as The Best 3-4 OLB right now (even above DeMarcus Ware).

(JJ Watt is their No. 1 rated guy)

The NFL's Top 50 Players at the Season's Quarter Mark | Bleacher Report