Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Round 4 Pick?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: With the 5th pick in the 4th Round, The Washington Redskins select...
Everson Griffen * DE * USC 3 4.84%
Bruce Campbell * T * Maryland 44 70.97%
Jonathan Dwyer * RB * Georgia Tech 2 3.23%
Ricky Sapp * DE * Clemson 2 3.23%
Aaron Hernandez * TE * Florida 0 0%
Other (Please elaborate in Comments) 11 17.74%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #76
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Round 4 Pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
I'm fairly certain that most of the college scouting department is the same as in the Vinny days. Bruce Allen would certainly have to depend on their judgement for late draft picks. I don't think we have done too well beyond the 2nd round with this crew...ok...a squirel found a nut with Horton once and Golston was good, but the other 20 or so later picks the last 5 years have generally not panned out.

Please correct me if I am wrong regarding the college scouts.
Where is Smootsmack when you need him?
You are right about our scouting staff, but I don't really agree with the conclusion you draw. The scouting team may bring the information, but you still had Vinny JZ and Dan making the final selections from the data they presented. And that is what we don't know about this FO. Maybe the staff had presented good options, but Vinny clearly took guys for wrong reasons or personal likings (like the one LB last year). This FO is looking first and foremost at what it takes to build a whole team, at least that is the impression I get from all the moves together.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-24-2010, 11:29 AM   #77
RedskinPete
The Starter

[QUOTE=skinsnut;693847]I'm fairly certain that most of the college scouting department is the same as in the Vinny days. Bruce Allen would certainly have to depend on their judgement for late draft picks. I don't think we have done too well beyond the 2nd round with this crew...ok...a squirel found a nut with Horton once and Golston was good, but the other 20 or so later picks the last 5 years have generally not panned out.

The facts are we have been very bad at taking middle to late picks. And if you are trading 2,3 and 4th rounders that leaves you with nothing! Love dan S money but he has killed this team for years to come. Vinny did to the 49ers that he did to us[Redskins]!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:32 AM   #78
RMSkins
The Starter

Quote:
The reason I am pissed is now we still have unresolved RT issues...would Bruce Campbell have started? probably not...but could midway through the season...the other advantage of a guy like this is his is very fast and could arguably also be a solid backup LT after a year or so...Campbell should be a starting RT in a year.

Now we are still stuck with Heyer at RT and that new guy Artis Hicks...who is really a Guard...but that cant be a viable solution.

PLAN B:
now we will have to trade a player or 2 for Jammal Brown...which wouldn't be bad at all but he is 29 and will cost a ton of cash and a good amount of talent loss in personnel...then Trent Williams can play RT for a while.

PLAN C:
OR...we go after old scraps like Flozell Adams to play RT....this is looking more likely now
Bruce Cambell doesn't have the skill set to play RT, he is strictly a LT. If we would've drafted Cambell we would've had to move Trent Williams to RT so Campbell could play LT and that wasn't going to happen.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #79
skinsnut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSkins View Post
Bruce Cambell doesn't have the skill set to play RT, he is strictly a LT. If we would've drafted Cambell we would've had to move Trent Williams to RT so Campbell could play LT and that wasn't going to happen.
He doesn't have the skill set currently for either position.
RT is far easier to play than LT.
The issue with LT is ability based...speed agility, superior pass blocking capability. He needs to be trained up either way and if he can play left he can certainly play right....there is no way Trent Williams would shift to RT unless the skins sign a superior experience LT.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:48 AM   #80
RMSkins
The Starter

Quote:
He doesn't have the skill set currently for either position.
RT is far easier to play than LT.
The issue with LT is ability based...speed agility, superior pass blocking capability. He needs to be trained up either way and if he can play left he can certainly play right....there is no way Trent Williams would shift to RT unless the skins sign a superior experience LT.
I'm just glad we didn't draft Cambell. I think he's going to bust.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #81
wilsowilso

The friggin Oakland Raiders take Campbell and you people are actually wondering why no one else grabbed this so called "diamond in the rough?"

The dude has a heart of glass. He stinks. That guy is a wasted draft pick. Chill.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:23 PM   #82
saden1
MVP

We should have taken LeGarrette Blount. That dude can flat out play....oh well.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:29 PM   #83
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
We should have taken LeGarrette Blount. That dude can flat out play....oh well.
Isn't he still available??
Old 04-24-2010, 12:37 PM   #84
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
Isn't he still available??
is he? i thought he would be gona by now, if not we need to hope he falls i'd love to have him in the late fifth and skelton in the 7th if he falls that far

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #85
mlmdub130
Playmaker

looks like he is still available

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote