Skins v Jets - Positives and Negatives

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-20-2015, 08:04 PM   #76
SCRedskinsFan
Impact Rookie

Re: Skins v Jets - Positives and Negatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Hmmmnn, thanks for the update on what me and my'all? lol need to stop talking about.

Its actually too bad because later you actually made some points worth discussing; even though I obviously disagree with them. But that opening...nah.

-Cheers!
You've got to be kidding.

After the endless tedious and repetitive crap you've put the Warpath audience through for months now you have the nerve to be put off by a "y'all"? You're a joke. And a bad joke at that...
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2015, 09:05 AM   #77
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
...Even if we moved on from Jay at the end of the year, you cant bring RG3 back at his option year salary. He would have to be cut and resigned much cheaper, which I doubt either the Redskins or RG3 would be interested in.
I admit we are getting waaayyy ahead of ourselves here. Straight out we are exploring a scenario that only happens IF Kirk/Jay continue to play poorly and lose games. So depending on your view of the team/current staff the scenario being discussed is anywhere from highly unlikey to highly likely.

Let say there is some crazy scenario where Kirk plays poorly enough and the team continues to lose as a result. IFKirk by all objectives measures should be benched then I believe the decision that lead to Kirk being the starter in the first place should be called into question. And IF that is the case then we're essentially back where we were in the offseason except without Kirk as an option. At the beginning of the offseason we had 2 unknown quantities at QB in this system. Except in the above scenario 1 would have played themselves out of contention.

Now the question becomes the Griffin's 16 mil option.
Unless I understand it wrong Griffin-Bruce/brass can re-work the salary/contract.
And I would bet dollars to doughnuts that Griffin would be willing to restucture that contract for a chance to stay in Washington and compete for the starting job next year.
The only way Griffin would get 16 mil would be IF he was hurt with an injury severe enough to prevent him from playing in the 2016 season.

So while I agree the 16mil is an obstacle I don't think its an obstacle that should prevent them from finding out whether Griffin can be a potential franchise QB with a coach other then Jay Gruden.

Last edited by 30gut; 10-21-2015 at 09:59 AM.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:19 AM   #78
rocnrik
Playmaker

SO if we beat Tampa we are going to super bowl!! Cousins will be the answer and Gruden coach of year!! if we lose to New england lets fire everybody!! I just summed up a lot of fans thought pattern ….
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:34 AM   #79
WRSK1NS
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
SO if we beat Tampa we are going to super bowl!! Cousins will be the answer and Gruden coach of year!! if we lose to New england lets fire everybody!! I just summed up a lot of fans thought pattern ….
LOL! Yep, that sounds about right! Sad but true
Philippians 4:13
WRSK1NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:10 AM   #80
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Why do people come in here and post about the Redskins when they haven't watched any of their games since 2012? Not watching is the only way to explain the single person who thinks RG3 deserves another shot with this current team. Unless of course you bulk him up where he really is at his listed weight of 220, make a safety out of him, and renegotiate his 2016 contract to 10% of it's value.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:36 AM   #81
SCRedskinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
I admit we are getting waaayyy ahead of ourselves here. Straight out we are exploring a scenario that only happens IF Kirk/Jay continue to play poorly and lose games. So depending on your view of the team/current staff the scenario being discussed is anywhere from highly unlikey to highly likely.

Let say there is some crazy scenario where Kirk plays poorly enough and the team continues to lose as a result. IFKirk by all objectives measures should be benched then I believe the decision that lead to Kirk being the starter in the first place should be called into question. And IF that is the case then we're essentially back where we were in the offseason except without Kirk as an option. At the beginning of the offseason we had 2 unknown quantities at QB in this system. Except in the above scenario 1 would have played themselves out of contention.

Now the question becomes the Griffin's 16 mil option.
Unless I understand it wrong Griffin-Bruce/brass can re-work the salary/contract.
And I would bet dollars to doughnuts that Griffin would be willing to restucture that contract for a chance to stay in Washington and compete for the starting job next year.
The only way Griffin would get 16 mil would be IF he was hurt with an injury severe enough to prevent him from playing in the 2016 season.

So while I agree the 16mil is an obstacle I don't think its an obstacle that should prevent them from finding out whether Griffin can be a potential franchise QB with a coach other then Jay Gruden.
A lotta big if's there...

The 16 million isn't the problem. The problem is Griffin's evident inability to play quarterback in the NFL. I don't doubt you're one of the smart football guys on the block. So exactly how do you propose Griffin should be used on the field? He has proven that he can't play the "traditional" pocket passer way beyond a doubt to most observers, what ever the reason. And we also know that the "hybrid" quarterback has broken his body over and over.

Not my opinion, professional football people have voted with their silence for months, with Griffin available for literally the proverbial ham sandwich. The consensus here certainly is that you continue to spit into the wind on this issue. The question remains why?
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:43 AM   #82
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
BTW, what the hell is up with our Dline. No starters injured there, but they've been horrible. Hatcher -- 9 tackles and 1 sack total over 6 games -- that isn't getting it done. Knighton (14 tackles no sacks) and Paea (7 tackles, 1 sack) -- same for you.

The only one who is playing well is Chris Baker (20 tackles, 3.5 sacks). He has only 10 fewer tackles than the other 3 combined, and more sacks! I wonder whether they get Kearse to play some more. It's been a major disappointment. And no help from the LBs yesterday either. Man, it's been awful the last few weeks.
In a 3-4 defense, it's the LBs that are supposed to making most of the tackles. The DL clog up the lanes and tie up the OL while the LBs make the tackles. It was mention on DC radio this past monday that the DL weren't happy with the LB play this past Sunday.

Either way, something has to change. What was supposed to be our strength is now our weakness.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 01:21 PM   #83
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
In a 3-4 defense, it's the LBs that are supposed to making most of the tackles. The DL clog up the lanes and tie up the OL while the LBs make the tackles. It was mention on DC radio this past monday that the DL weren't happy with the LB play this past Sunday.

Either way, something has to change. What was supposed to be our strength is now our weakness.
I wonder if part of the issue with lack of plays from the ILBs is due to the new scheme? I haven't been watching the DL closely enough to parse out this out yet. But Haslett's scheme kept the ILB clean for the most part. Especially Keenan. The DL took the doubles up front and kept Keenan clean to run and hit.

Barry's scheme of penetration upfront could be leaving the ILBs took fight through more blocks.
When it comes to the OLB I think Ryan isn't 100% yet and we still lack that outside speed rusher. I would love to see Jeffcoat.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:24 PM   #84
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
I wonder if part of the issue with lack of plays from the ILBs is due to the new scheme? I haven't been watching the DL closely enough to parse out this out yet. But Haslett's scheme kept the ILB clean for the most part. Especially Keenan. The DL took the doubles up front and kept Keenan clean to run and hit.

Barry's scheme of penetration upfront could be leaving the ILBs took fight through more blocks.
When it comes to the OLB I think Ryan isn't 100% yet and we still lack that outside speed rusher. I would love to see Jeffcoat.
I not so sure Barry wants Knighton and Baker trying to penetrate as much as they are trying to.

The Atlanta game in particular.

Against the Jets they did seem to try and take up blockers and not try to slip past them. Apparently Knighton wasnt too happy with the ILBs after the Jets game bc he was doing his job but Riley and Robinson werent plugging the gaps like they were supposed to. that 51 yard run by Ivory was like a benny hill show for Riley.

Week 6: Chris Ivory highlights - NFL Videos

^^ 51 yd Ivory run starts at the 0:16 second mark. How the hell do you over pursue on an inside the tackles run? incompetence is mind blowing.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:01 PM   #85
Bucket
Playmaker

According to multiple insiders. Jay and Kirk here till end
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 09:33 AM   #86
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Of time?
Old 10-23-2015, 10:44 AM   #87
mredskins
Gamebreaker

T. Williams and Reed back for Bucs, good news.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:22 PM   #88
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
How nice....I just hope that Gruden can do enough to enable the team to conclude with at least a 7-9 or 8-8 record. We can see the team is improving while the same inconsistencies(Kirk Cousins) remain.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:31 PM   #89
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

I am ok with a top 5 draft pick.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 10:29 PM   #90
A10sROCK
Impact Rookie

Kirk Cousins is a career backup QB. He stares down his WR and misses open WR with balls thrown behind, too high, too low, too far in front. He has been an INT machine in every game that he has played for us and will continue to do so. That includes this year with good pass protection. IMO he will play himself off of the starting position QB position either due to poor play or injury. Colt McCoy will finish out the season and will be the transitional QB as the team works to draft a franchise QB for the long term.

Neither Kirk Cousins nor RG3 will be on the roster next season and will go onto mediocre careers in the NFL.
A10sROCK is offline   Reply With Quote