Ron does have a sign on his door it says "Fix the lunch menu"

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2023, 11:59 AM   #77
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy View Post
So, our genius head coach has a new sign on the players locker room door saying "DO YOUR JOB".

A wise man once told me that the 3 most important things in team sports are...

1. Coaching
2. Coaching
3. Coaching

Apparently Ron Rivera has never met a wise man.

He's stealing that from New England because I believe there is a sign right when you enter the building, that says "Do your job". Ron is no Belichick. Belichick might be washed up now, but he had a hell of a run. Ron on his biggest fantasy dream could never have had the run that BB / Brady had together..
Old 10-12-2023, 12:02 PM   #78
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Im interested to know if he put similar signs on the coaches office doors, if not he is squarely blaming the players which wont be tolerated for long as they must now know he is gone at seasons end. If stories start coming out of disatisfaction, does it compel Harris to fire Ron?
I think Harris has known for a while now that Ron is not his guy. He is viewed generally as a patient owner, but I am sure that Harris felt like unless Ron somehow became a good coach this season, ie big wins and playoffs, Ron was not going to be retained.

I'm sure he is patient on coaches / staff that he selects personally, not sure that trickles down to the "leftovers". I think Harris would probably be ok with firing Ron now but perhaps he does not want to take a page from Dan's playbook and fire a coach mid season??
Old 10-12-2023, 01:04 PM   #79
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Fire him now you get 11 games to see if the interim (probably EB) can show him something. Fire him after the season and you have 11 more games of RR phoning it in (its what he's doing now so he's not changing) and all you've learned is he's not your guy. Which you already know. Plus you probably have a disillusioned locker room the new guy has to turn around. Why wait?
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 02:55 PM   #80
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Fire him now you get 11 games to see if the interim (probably EB) can show him something. Fire him after the season and you have 11 more games of RR phoning it in (its what he's doing now so he's not changing) and all you've learned is he's not your guy. Which you already know. Plus you probably have a disillusioned locker room the new guy has to turn around. Why wait?
true . . . but you also have a reputation to build and incoming coaches will weigh how you treat the current coach in their decision on whether or not they will want to coach here. We have not had a good reputation from previous ownership, and while new ownership helps it doesn't magically erase everything. Firing coaches mid season can be looked at as an inpatient knee jerk reaction which does not look good. I just don't see it happening as this ownership team is trying hard to fix the reputation the team has around the league, not tarnish further.
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 04:06 PM   #81
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
He's going to have some game changing plays soon enough, just watch. Anyone still on the JAG talk or even bust is just dumb.

Definitely not a jag or bust but to this point certainly not living up to what we thought he would be. Maybe its JDR? Hope you are right. I need to see him go full predator.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 04:09 PM   #82
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy View Post
So, our genius head coach has a new sign on the players locker room door saying "DO YOUR JOB".

A wise man once told me that the 3 most important things in team sports are...

1. Coaching
2. Coaching
3. Coaching

Apparently Ron Rivera has never met a wise man.

God I cannot wait until this loser retread is gone. It’s everyone elses fault except the HC and self proclaimed GM. What an absolute joke.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 06:05 PM   #83
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
true . . . but you also have a reputation to build and incoming coaches will weigh how you treat the current coach in their decision on whether or not they will want to coach here. We have not had a good reputation from previous ownership, and while new ownership helps it doesn't magically erase everything. Firing coaches mid season can be looked at as an inpatient knee jerk reaction which does not look good. I just don't see it happening as this ownership team is trying hard to fix the reputation the team has around the league, not tarnish further.
I get what you are saying, but this owner has Ron's history to consider in the decision, not just the first 6 games of this season. If anything Ron should be getting better results now he's out from under Snyders shitshow. He's gotten worse and he's blaming everyone else. Not firing a coach with such poor performance can be seen as weakness just as firing too soon as impatient. Given his rep he probably knows the right time to pull the trigger, and I bet its sooner than seasons end unless results improve dramatically. I can't see what Ron can do to make that happen, barring at the least firing JDR.

Last edited by AnonEmouse; 10-13-2023 at 03:11 AM.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 06:08 PM   #84
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

There are definitely pros and cons to firing Rivera now vs. end of season. I'm just going to trust in Harris to make the decision that he thinks is best, and that's what I'll roll with.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 07:14 PM   #85
skinsfan69
Living Legend

If you tell Denver's defense tonight to DO THEIR JOBS that simply doesn't work. The persons in front of them will do their jobs better cause they are better football players. That line only applies if you are better than your opponents. Cody Barton can't do his job cause he isn't capable of doing it to a acceptable level.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 07:44 PM   #86
rocnrik
Playmaker

Ron really believes he is a very good if not great coach .. he believes that !
He also believes that JDR is a Great D coordinator!
Which leads me to believe that since he selected the players and is responsible for coaching them up He is the problem and nothing else .. The stench of Snyder is gone .. This is all Ron … He should just OWN IT!!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 07:49 PM   #87
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
There are definitely pros and cons to firing Rivera now vs. end of season. I'm just going to trust in Harris to make the decision that he thinks is best, and that's what I'll roll with.
Whew for a moment there I thought you were going to say you weren't going to roll with Harris' decision. I was half expecting you to renounce your fandom but I am glad to see Harris still has his shiksa appeal to you.
Old 10-12-2023, 08:00 PM   #88
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Whew for a moment there I thought you were going to say you weren't going to roll with Harris' decision. I was half expecting you to renounce your fandom but I am glad to see Harris still has his shiksa appeal to you.
We had the previous owner ruining dozens of games with no actual end goal. So I can deal with letting Rivera go thru the motions for 12 more games, if Harris thinks that's best. It won't be fun on Sunday's, but I can think big picture the other 6 days.

Harris has The Kavorka on me through the rest of this season, at least.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 09:34 PM   #89
Meks
Pro Bowl

The kavorka lmao that motor needs a garlic necklace so you can let Rivera go
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 09:53 PM   #90
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

I'd take Jim Hasslet or Mike Nolan over JDR right now. JDR has been such a failure.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote