Michael peels back the curtain at Redskins Park in interview with Wise

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-02-2009, 10:04 AM   #76
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Re: Michael peels back the curtain at Redskins Park in interview with Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Ya know it's a shame when I can read what your writing and your confusing the hell out of me. In your first post I thought you were actually trying to point out that JC is the next best thing since sliced bread. Which is why I asked you if you were talking about JC.

Then I read this post and it sounds like your bashing JC. So I'm thoroughly confused unless your were being sarcastic in one of these. but to answer your question if JC is extended I would hope DS would get a serious discount and put him as our #2 and look for someone who is #1 quality. Otherwise beef up the damn O-line and give him all day to throw to the great talent they will need around him.
Not one time did I make it seem like I thought JC was the best thing since sliced anything let alone bread. I made a bet with a good friend of mine who is a diehard Redskins fan that Jason Campbell would throw 20 touchdowns this season. My 50 to his 100 that Jason would throw 20 I said sure he would. I took 7 steps back to the spot I was in before I shook his hand on it and,... it was like when you first realize fore yourselfd that Santa Clause wasn't real. I knew that he wouldn't do it. I thought about all of his throws. His decision making, his reluctance lead this team, the fact that he doesn't call his own protections, better yet the fact that he doesn't ever want to even though the coaches do. Everything about this mans game became real to me once I put money on it. I remember when Emmit Smith made his comments about Tony Romo being a leader for this team now that someone asked him to do it and how sad it was, I swear you could substitute Romo's name with Campbell and it all applies except contract of course.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-02-2009, 10:08 AM   #77
Coff
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
That's not the way it was reported at the time. According to Rick Snider of the Washington Times, Snyder wanted to change the terms of the original contract to get more control over personnel decisions. He also wasn't happy with O-coordinator Jimmy Raye.
Regardless of the specifics, what it boils down to is that Snyder wanted more control of his toys.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:17 AM   #78
Coff
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well it also boils down to does Marty want to come back, does Cowher want to come here? Do they really want to work together?
And a follow up question is whether anyone of any repute wants to come here? Take Spagnuolo. Some reports were that the Skins wanted him and that despite the money they would offer, he wouldn't want to coach in DC. Even if this wasn't true, and the Skins simply didn't want him, the fact is it's believable. Why? Because, as has been discussed ad naseum in this thread, if your personality is such that you're unwilling to cowtow to the owner, you won't last in Washington. That's going to drive away candidates.

Regardless of whether we want Zorn fired, assuming he is, would we be happy with Cowher or Shanahan or even Marty? I think most fans would be, even if one or the other was not our first choice. But would Cowher or Shanahan really want to come to Washington? Why would they? These guys have been successful, these guys have won Super Bowls, these guys are heavily valued assets, and as such they are in positions to ask for whatever they want and expect to get it. Why would they choose to work for a meddlesome owner if they don't have to?
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #79
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
And a follow up question is whether anyone of any repute wants to come here? Take Spagnuolo. Some reports were that the Skins wanted him and that despite the money they would offer, he wouldn't want to coach in DC. Even if this wasn't true, and the Skins simply didn't want him, the fact is it's believable. Why? Because, as has been discussed ad naseum in this thread, if your personality is such that you're unwilling to cowtow to the owner, you won't last in Washington. That's going to drive away candidates.

Regardless of whether we want Zorn fired, assuming he is, would we be happy with Cowher or Shanahan or even Marty? I think most fans would be, even if one or the other was not our first choice. But would Cowher or Shanahan really want to come to Washington? Why would they? These guys have been successful, these guys have won Super Bowls, these guys are heavily valued assets, and as such they are in positions to ask for whatever they want and expect to get it. Why would they choose to work for a meddlesome owner if they don't have to?
I made reference to this in the Sally J thread; there were reports that Spag et al didn't want this HC job & that Zorn was one of the only guys that would take it. The answer to your last question is simply; money and/or control. DS can lure a big name, but only at a big price.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote