Domestic terrorism

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-04-2015, 08:34 AM   #76
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
Oh wow!! The Mint News Press that is some well respected writing right there. You basically threw out a couple hundred word opinion piece, that doesn't site any sources on his made up "facts". All wrapped up and put of a right wing conspiracy site. BTW love this article here. It says Trump was right. People were dancing in the streets during 9/11, only it was Mossad Agents. Seems legit.
I don't think your going to be able to have this conversation.....
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-04-2015, 09:13 AM   #77
FRPLG
MVP

This is not a comment on gun control which I think is such a hairy subject that we may never solve in this country but...

Guns don't cause this stuff to happen. Guns are the tool not the cause. Instead of both sides using this tragedy as a reason to bolster their case we need to focus on WHY THIS CRAP HAPPENS. I've never seen a real discussion led by adults on how to stop this stuff. It strikes me that simply getting rid a every gun (a complete impossibility anyways) is like cutting off your nose to cure congestion. We need to treat the causes not the symptoms.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:22 AM   #78
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Why would a wife drop off her own 6 mo old baby to help rectify a workplace grievance?

Wake the fuck up folk...can't bye what this president is trying to sell you. He is trying to cover his ass on the poor ass job he is doing.
I think you can lump every leader in the developed world in together, until the Paris attack security agencies through Europe, North America and Japan did not consider ISIS as a valid terror threat.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:22 AM   #79
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
This is not a comment on gun control which I think is such a hairy subject that we may never solve in this country but...

Guns don't cause this stuff to happen. Guns are the tool not the cause. Instead of both sides using this tragedy as a reason to bolster their case we need to focus on WHY THIS CRAP HAPPENS. I've never seen a real discussion led by adults on how to stop this stuff. It strikes me that simply getting rid a every gun (a complete impossibility anyways) is like cutting off your nose to cure congestion. We need to treat the causes not the symptoms.
Oh you! Stop making sense. There is NO place for it in this thread. Please speak only in absolutes and hyperbole.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:27 AM   #80
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I think you can lump every leader in the developed world in together, until the Paris attack security agencies through Europe, North America and Japan did not consider ISIS as a valid terror threat.
Oh...so ignorance is an acceptable excuse?

psshhh jeez. wake up
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:33 AM   #81
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Oh...so ignorance is an acceptable excuse?

psshhh jeez. wake up
No I didn't say that. I whole heartedly agree with you, but you have to put them all together we are a globalized society and the global leadership needs to be held accountable. I don't think Obama has done a great job with ISIS but I think Europe and the rest of the world has done just as piss poor of a job.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:35 AM   #82
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Oh you! Stop making sense. There is NO place for it in this thread. Please speak only in absolutes and hyperbole.
You don't think the phrase "getting rid a every gun" is hyperbole. Who has ever said that? There is not a single politician in national office that would do this.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:55 AM   #83
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Sorry, no. True, they were more of a regional force before Paris, but, they have long been seen as a potential threat. From a Brooking Institute Op Ed. a year ago.

Quote:
A real threat must have three attributes: intent, capability, and opportunity. Clearly, ISIS has the intent, declaring that the black flag of ISIS will fly over the White House. It also has the capability. Suicide bombers are not the most tactically advanced weapons, but their utility has been demonstrated for decades in the Middle East. That leaves opportunity, and the coalition of nations committed to defeating ISIS is in place to harden the Western target and diminish the chances of attack. Consequently, ISIS is only a threat if America stands by and lets it be a threat. When we stop fighting, however, we allow their fighters a chance to plan overseas operations and focus on a conceptual threat (the West) instead of daily threats at home.
The Big Questions on ISIS | Brookings Institution
Old 12-04-2015, 09:56 AM   #84
FRPLG
MVP

It was obviously a phrase used for what would be the most extreme "solution".

This is the problem, there was literally nothing about anything I said that should have been taken as any type of stance on the overall subject of gun-control. I doubt you have any idea where I stand on this issue. But a simple turn of phrase used as a device brought forth a Pavlovian response. As Aaron Rodgers would say "Relax".
Old 12-04-2015, 09:58 AM   #85
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
No I didn't say that. I whole heartedly agree with you, but you have to put them all together we are a globalized society and the global leadership needs to be held accountable. I don't think Obama has done a great job with ISIS but I think Europe and the rest of the world has done just as piss poor of a job.
I do tend to agree with this... I would say that I'd like to think the US should be out in front leading on this but alas we're not. It seems the world doesn't get much done security wise without us leading the way.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:58 AM   #86
Hijinx
The Starter

Quote:
Why would a wife drop off her own 6 mo old baby to help rectify a workplace grievance?

Wake the fuck up folk...can't bye what this president is trying to sell you. He is trying to cover his ass on the poor ass job he is doing.
I was going to wash my car, but it rained today. God damn Obama, his administration just lets the clouds piss on us, because the clouds don't respect him.

Also it is his fault Firefly got canceled and I am pretty sure he kidnapped the Lindbergh baby.

And no I am not just crazy and pushing blame on a president because he wasn't who I wanted.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:58 AM   #87
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Okay. I agree with you. Didn't see this until after the prior post.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:12 AM   #88
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Sorry, no. True, they were more of a regional force before Paris, but, they have long been seen as a potential threat. From a Brooking Institute Op Ed. a year ago.

The Big Questions on ISIS | Brookings Institution
Joe, ISIS has been on the radar of our government for a very long time and our response has been extremely poor. If you look at the history, it developed out of the insurgency/secular civil war in Iraq after the removal of Hussain. A lot of the big players were actually housed together in a large jail and were actually broken out and set free (I forget the name of the jail and I believed it happened round 2008 or 2009?). The argument that ISIS is a new thing is quite an insult to our intelligence community and state department. I think most people think this started when the new caliphate was announced...including this administration.

The Obama administration had no viable strategy developed to deal with this situation. When ISIS broke out of Syria, he sat back and did nothing.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:14 AM   #89
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
I was going to wash my car, but it rained today. God damn Obama, his administration just lets the clouds piss on us, because the clouds don't respect him.

Also it is his fault Firefly got canceled and I am pretty sure he kidnapped the Lindbergh baby.

And no I am not just crazy and pushing blame on a president because he wasn't who I wanted.
Im an independent and I do support some gun control issues that should be executed.

But this thread is about terrorism
Old 12-04-2015, 10:19 AM   #90
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
It was obviously a phrase used for what would be the most extreme "solution".

This is the problem, there was literally nothing about anything I said that should have been taken as any type of stance on the overall subject of gun-control. I doubt you have any idea where I stand on this issue. But a simple turn of phrase used as a device brought forth a Pavlovian response. As Aaron Rodgers would say "Relax".
^^ What he said.