Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who is most responsible for the Redskins loss?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #76
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: Who is most responsible for the Redskins loss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
I think that the coaching staff and front office have taken some heat off of Campbell.
I still have issues with JC but I'll agree he played admirably the last few games. Part of this is due to Lewis I think maybe using plays that will work best for JC.

I hate giving props to Cerrato but the last two draft classes have not been to bad. I would challenge that though by saying that he has been with the team for 9 yrs and only gets 2 draft classes right? He needs to go. Bring in a true GM who will tell DS to simply enjoy what he see's and stop meddling, and build this thing up right for years to come.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-08-2009, 08:52 AM   #77
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
There's a chance Suisham wins the kick-off though. He's been in this spot before.
sure has and always seems to come out on top, they always say he kicks perfect in practice. maybe zorn should throw some pads at him while he is kicking

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #78
SBXVII
Franchise Player

^ Maybe wrenches? "If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a FG blocker."
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #79
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Yes it's crazy to think Moore should have simply laid down and waited to be touched. All most all players would have gotten up and tried to make a play. Yes he should have protected the ball better, but my point is had he simply dropped been touched we would still have the ball with decent field position and control of the clock. The team could eat up the clock and hopefully have scored or made a FG. Instead Moore runs around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to make the big play and as we know the Saints are not stupid. They knew that they needed to get the ball back. So they strip him of the ball and no one to stop them easy 7 points. Even the Sellers play, the ball should have been better protected. Most teams who get the ball first in over time win. The Saints were in panic mode. Intercept, strip the ball, do whatever is needed to get the ball back. Guess what? they did.
He's a safety, they make plays like that... safeties and CBs don't hit the ground and wait to be touched.. hell a lot of LBs don't. We want defensive scoring, you don't get that by laying down.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #80
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
sure has and always seems to come out on top, they always say he kicks perfect in practice. maybe zorn should throw some pads at him while he is kicking
Let Haynesworth, Orakpo and Carter attempt a block with only 3 linemen blocking....since that group requires at least 4 blockers.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #81
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
He's a safety, they make plays like that... safeties and CBs don't hit the ground and wait to be touched.. hell a lot of LBs don't. We want defensive scoring, you don't get that by laying down.
Exactly. On that play the bigger disappointment was really Rogers who ran right by the guy that stripped the ball instead of laying a clean block on him.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:48 AM   #82
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Exactly. On that play the bigger disappointment was really Rogers who ran right by the guy that stripped the ball instead of laying a clean block on him.
Agreed, the whole group that started blocking for him let Meachem through. Moore does have to get that ball in closer/tighter though.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:53 AM   #83
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

yeah I agree with that.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #84
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Take your pick, there's a lot to choose from.

Let's try a defense that gave up 500 yds, and on a game tying drive in the 4th qtr. alowed a QB to complete every throw he atempted, mostly sideline passes that stopped the clock for a team working with no timeouts.

A defensive back running with the ball in the wrong hand is stripped for a TD.
A defensive back on PR team alows punted ball to hit him in the back resulting in a turnover at a critical time in the game.
Playcalling prior to the Suisham miss, playing for a FG when you're in position to score a TD is inexcusable, playing a high octane offense like the Saints, you try to score as many points as you can.
A fullback catches a simple pass, the defender makes a routine tackle on last drive of regulation play that could have resulted in the winning points, laid the ball on the ground, another critical turnover.
A QB who played a splendid game but once again in the fourth qtr. threw an INT at a critical time. That's happened three weeks in a row, Dallas, Philly and NO.
I have incooperating the criticism of Landry in the 500 yds. the defense surrendered, more than half of which was amassed in the second half. There's more, but one has to admit when you combine all these mistakes it's very difficult (for me at least) to lay the blame for the loss at the feet of one man.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:58 PM   #85
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Hadn't seen this quote from Trample(I mean Doughty) till now, but I think it says the exact right sentiment::

Said safety Reed Doughty, "I don't know what to attribute it to, but really good teams find ways to win these games and we're not doing it now."
Old 12-11-2009, 04:55 AM   #86
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Skeesam only missed a FG. Landry gave up 14.
Yea the FG that would have put us up by 10 points with less than 2mins left in the game. Hello Brain...... Game was over if he made it...
Old 12-11-2009, 04:59 AM   #87
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsLove24/7 View Post
Chill..this argument has come up on the radio too but the coaching staff made the right call..At that point you don't need a touchdown. A field goal makes it a two possession game just as a touchdown does. So, the coaches play it safe and just run the ball. If you get a TD great but if you don't its not a big deal. Don't risk a pick or a sack that could cause a fumble or make a longer field goal than you have at the moment. Also, the skins could not run the clock to the 2 minute warning. When the play clock began running the was a 1 second differential bn it and the game clock so they had to run a play there. I don't think playing it safe and putting the game winning score on a 23-yard field goal is bad coaching. It's smart coaching. They ran the clock down as far as they could have and put themselves in a position to have a 10 point lead, giving the ball back to NO with no timeouts left...
Yea and also mention how many teams get a int and have the offense strip the ball and run it for a TD. Only in DC this BS is happening . Why take another risk in throwing the ball when all you need is a fg to go up 2 scores.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:07 AM   #88
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Yes it's crazy to think Moore should have simply laid down and waited to be touched. All most all players would have gotten up and tried to make a play. Yes he should have protected the ball better, but my point is had he simply dropped been touched we would still have the ball with decent field position and control of the clock. The team could eat up the clock and hopefully have scored or made a FG. Instead Moore runs around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to make the big play and as we know the Saints are not stupid. They knew that they needed to get the ball back. So they strip him of the ball and no one to stop them easy 7 points. Even the Sellers play, the ball should have been better protected. Most teams who get the ball first in over time win. The Saints were in panic mode. Intercept, strip the ball, do whatever is needed to get the ball back. Guess what? they did.
Let me say this I have seen that play at lest 15 times and everytime I look at how many Burgandy jersey ran right the F..k passed Robert Micheum instead of laying his dumbass out. Our defense must thought they were all running to the end zone but they forgot to block the 1st white jersey they see. I saw at least 4 Redskins run pass Micheum. That was some BS and I be bet Blache pointed that out to them.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:09 AM   #89
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Yea you saw that crap to? Our defense was to busy trying to be the 1st one to the end zone, so they ran passed his ass. I posted a remark about that but I just saw your remark CRedskinsRule.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:12 AM   #90
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Take your pick, there's a lot to choose from.

Let's try a defense that gave up 500 yds, and on a game tying drive in the 4th qtr. alowed a QB to complete every throw he atempted, mostly sideline passes that stopped the clock for a team working with no timeouts.

A defensive back running with the ball in the wrong hand is stripped for a TD.
A defensive back on PR team alows punted ball to hit him in the back resulting in a turnover at a critical time in the game.
Playcalling prior to the Suisham miss, playing for a FG when you're in position to score a TD is inexcusable, playing a high octane offense like the Saints, you try to score as many points as you can.
A fullback catches a simple pass, the defender makes a routine tackle on last drive of regulation play that could have resulted in the winning points, laid the ball on the ground, another critical turnover.
A QB who played a splendid game but once again in the fourth qtr. threw an INT at a critical time. That's happened three weeks in a row, Dallas, Philly and NO.
I have incooperating the criticism of Landry in the 500 yds. the defense surrendered, more than half of which was amassed in the second half. There's more, but one has to admit when you combine all these mistakes it's very difficult (for me at least) to lay the blame for the loss at the feet of one man.
Man Mike Sellers has had a bad season after coming off a pro bowl year. He has dropped passes and misse blocks near the goal line.