Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

RI: Jeremy Bridges agrees to terms

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-02-2009, 07:27 AM   #76
johno
Impact Rookie

Re: RI: Jeremy Bridges agrees to terms

sounded to me like heyer was the man for now at RT, zorn didnt have anything specific to say about anyone else having a legit shot at this point. i guess it is only june 2nd.

Advertisements
Old 12-14-2009, 11:20 PM   #77
Pocket$ $traight

I am not sure how many people have been tracking this but Jeremy Bridges is playing tonight for Arizona as their left tackle. He also played last week and dominated Jared Allen.

I do not think enough attention has been paid to the horrible move of releasing this guy and keeping Heyer, Batiste and Montgomery.

Heyer is our worst starting lineman. He is absolutely terrible. How the hell do we let a guy with Bridges versatility and talent go for guys who probably shouldn't be in the league?

Nothing can be done now, but it is a big checkmark against someone in the front office in my opinion.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:22 PM   #78
MTK
\m/

I really thought this guy could have started for us. Oh well.

Cards notes: Bridges shines in fill-in role | Cardinals / NFL | eastvalleytribune.com
Old 12-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #79
Big C
Mr. Brightside

hes certainly better than baptiste. he is just terrible. why did we cut bridges over him?
Old 12-14-2009, 11:32 PM   #80
12thMan
MVP

Dude so what. Seriously, what is it around here every time a released player goes to another team and performs it means that the front office effed up. It means nothing. People come and go in the NFL, bro. You win some, you lose some. Evaluating talent isn't an exact science. You act like we effin let Steve Hutchinson go or something! lol I wish people would get off their high horse and realize that sometimes.

How about Quinton Ganther. He's starting and producing isn't he? How about giving props for bringing in Sherm Lewis. How do you grade the front office on that move? And what about bringing DDocks back this year. He's been steady and has started every game to the best of my knowledge. And Levi Jones, while not great, has been holding it down big time.

Sometimes I think we nitpick just to bitch and moan.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:32 PM   #81
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Thats why. Bridges got beat on the outside for a fumble. Yes his butt better recover. Then he got pushed back into the QB on the next play.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:34 PM   #82
The Goat
Pro Bowl

So Bridges isn't a great LT. We still should have kept him. He's a tough, proven vet who could have helped a lot on the right side of the line.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:34 PM   #83
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Thats why. Bridges got beat on the outside for a fumble. Yes his butt better recover. Then he got pushed back into the QB on the next play.
Exactly. He's just a stop gap and may not be playing with Zona next year.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:35 PM   #84
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
So Bridges isn't a great LT. We still should have kept him. He's a tough, proven vet who could have helped a lot on the right side of the line.
Then why didn't he? He was here, so what happened?
Old 12-14-2009, 11:43 PM   #85
ChickenMonkey
Special Teams

I was all for Bridges when we signed him, but hes a OG not an OT....Hes getting his ARSE handed to him by the 49ers DL as we speak....
ChickenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:44 PM   #86
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Dude so what. Seriously, what is it around here every time a released player goes to another team and performs it means that the front office effed up. It means nothing. People come and go in the NFL, bro. You win some, you lose some. Evaluating talent isn't an exact science. You act like we effin let Steve Hutchinson go or something! lol I wish people would get off their high horse and realize that sometimes.

How about Quinton Ganther. He's starting and producing isn't he? How about giving props for bringing in Sherm Lewis. How do you grade the front office on that move? And what about bringing DDocks back this year. He's been steady and has started every game to the best of my knowledge. And Levi Jones, while not great, has been holding it down big time.

Sometimes I think we nitpick just to bitch and moan.
Well since O-line remains our biggest weakness, we are going to have to use draft picks and probably sign a guy or two. I think it was pretty stupid to let a guy go who shut down arguably the best pass rusher in the league.

Heyer, Batiste, & Montgomery are terrible. Bridges has started 80 games in the league. Who cares?

You are giving the FO credit for going into the season with no effective contigency plan if Randy Thomas and Samuels went down? They got lucky with Levi Jones. They also got lucky that Mike Williams can play guard. And btw. Heyer is still starting for us.

Let me know where I can get some of that koolaid...
Old 12-14-2009, 11:46 PM   #87
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Then why didn't he? He was here, so what happened?

Heyer is the worst right tackle that I have seen. There is no way that he is better than Bridges.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:46 PM   #88
MTK
\m/

I think it's completely valid to discuss Bridges in hindsight, considering the mess we've had at OL all year. At the very least he would have been an improvement over the likes of Batiste, Montgomery, and of course Armstrong.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:49 PM   #89
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
Well since O-line remains our biggest weakness, we are going to have to use draft picks and probably sign a guy or two. I think it was pretty stupid to let a guy go who shut down arguably the best pass rusher in the league.

Heyer, Batiste, & Montgomery are terrible. Bridges has started 80 games in the league. Who cares?

You are giving the FO credit for going into the season with no effective contigency plan if Randy Thomas and Samuels went down? They got lucky with Levi Jones. They also got lucky that Mike Williams can play guard. And btw. Heyer is still starting for us.

Let me know where I can get some of that koolaid...
No, I'm not giving the front office a pass at all. All I'm saying is for every Bridges that we point out, there's at least two good moves the team has benefitted from. We need to address the offensive line this offseason, but I can assure you that Bridges isn't the answer either. We'll be and have been fine without him.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:49 PM   #90
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I think it's completely valid to discuss Bridges in hindsight, considering the mess we've had at OL all year. At the very least he would have been an improvement over the likes of Batiste, Montgomery, and of course Armstrong.
Matty, the guy is playing like crap tonight. Seriously?