We Effing Suck - Post Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-23-2023, 08:18 AM   #76
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: We Effing Suck - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
Perfectly said, Chief. I'll say it again, this is a bottom 5 coaching staff in the league. The head coach, and defensive and offensive coordinators are horrendous. As much as I wanna like Bieneimy; he has been as bad or worst than JDR. I don't want Bieneimy nowhere near the interim head coach. I mean zero interest.

Yeah so much for “the nfl is against him” naw he’s just not a great Coach lol it’s that simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 10-23-2023, 08:23 AM   #77
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
i would not bench howell; you got see what you have

IDK but maybe howell is serviceable enough that you build great pieces around him and then his stock rises

I feel at QB in todays NFL you can go two ways:

1. Find that unicorn superstar

2. or the SF Purdy route where you have a serviceable guy with great pieces around him

This whole year is a throw away and every one in the organization knows it.

RR is a lame duck and his staff, Harris took over to late this year to do anything about them

What we all should be excited about now is that WSH is going be a exciting place to come to with Harris, so we will be able to attract better candidates

With DS, if you fired RR what it matter no one would want to come here anyways; so RR was always the best we could do with DS
In some ways, I do understand the people who believe Howell should continue playing and see what we may have (or not have) long term. While watching yesterday's game, I did suddenly think to myself that he may need to go sit. He's teetering on soon getting himself injured or he could possibly start to develop bad habits (as he already has one per holding onto the ball too long) by feeling rushed to make throws and seeing ghosts.

Personally, I would put him on the bench for his own good more so than the good of the team right now. Heck! It may turn out for the good of both in the short and potentially long-term.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 08:25 AM   #78
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
In some ways, I do understand the people who believe Howell should continue playing and see what we may have (or not have) long term. While watching yesterday's game, I did suddenly think to myself that he may need to go sit. He's teetering on soon getting himself injured or he could possibly start to develop bad habits (as he already has one per holding onto the ball too long) by feeling rushed to make throws and seeing ghosts.

Personally, I would put him on the bench for his own good more so than the good of the team right now. Heck! It may turn out for the good of both in the short and potentially long-term.
it would answer the question is the problem the line or sam

if brissett comes in and the sacks go down; well....
Old 10-23-2023, 08:32 AM   #79
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Sorry Jamf
No Worries!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 08:42 AM   #80
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
This is bs. If you watch he gives up at the end of every play even if he is right next to the pile. He has one play bull rush to the qb, and if the qb gets out of his sight he just stops. Does it on every play. NYG line is so bad, Pugh isn't even a tackle and he still was only so noticeable. (Yes I know the broadcasters gushed over him)
Gonna call cap on this. Chase Young was a difference maker yesterday. Watched some film study last night and he had a very good game.

I will be shocked if he doesn't haven't a high grade today.
Old 10-23-2023, 08:47 AM   #81
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:

Another good point.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 08:48 AM   #82
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Chase is the least of our problems right now. He's one of the only bright spots actually.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 08:50 AM   #83
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:

I am concerned about developing bad habits too. Self preservation in this anemic offense is a bad combination. That being said EB has to do a better job and Dotson has to be better
Old 10-23-2023, 08:53 AM   #84
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I think one thing everyone agrees on is getting rid of Ron. Like asap.
I know EB has been a fail up to this point for the most part, but he is utilizing an absolutely atrocious oline, our number 2 wr and first round pick Dotson is a bust, and Howell has that whole internal clock problem, so……
I would make him interim HC just to see if maybe players respond to his fiery ways.
What is the harm at this point? We lose? We are going to lose most of the rest of our games anyway. I wouldn’t be opposed to maybe benching Sam and seeing what happens with JB. Not so much because I think JB can be the guy going forward but because we can see how much of the sack problem is on Sam. If JB looks better than Sam than we know we need to take quarterback with what will surely be a top ten pick. Maybe even trade up into the top 3 for one of the big two if we have to. Let the new regime build around a bonafide stud at qb and let real football people retool this oline. It is observation time. No reason to wait for the offseason. Start now.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 08:57 AM   #85
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:

Yesterday was definitively on the OL - 5 out of the 6 sacks were on them. The OL is a problem that has been getting worse and will take probably years to fix at this point (4 of 5 of our starters would not start on any other team and a couple possibly would not even make a roster outside the Redskins). The OL player quality has deteriorated every single year since Ron became coach which has resulted in this year the Skins having the worst line in their history and probably the worst line in the NFL for this season.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 09:14 AM   #86
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I think one thing everyone agrees on is getting rid of Ron. Like asap.
I know EB has been a fail up to this point for the most part, but he is utilizing an absolutely atrocious oline, our number 2 wr and first round pick Dotson is a bust, and Howell has that whole internal clock problem, so……
I would make him interim HC just to see if maybe players respond to his fiery ways.
What is the harm at this point? We lose? We are going to lose most of the rest of our games anyway. I wouldn’t be opposed to maybe benching Sam and seeing what happens with JB. Not so much because I think JB can be the guy going forward but because we can see how much of the sack problem is on Sam. If JB looks better than Sam than we know we need to take quarterback with what will surely be a top ten pick. Maybe even trade up into the top 3 for one of the big two if we have to. Let the new regime build around a bonafide stud at qb and let real football people retool this oline. It is observation time. No reason to wait for the offseason. Start now.
This O-line looks pretty bad, but they would be more than serviceable with better coaching, a better game plan, and a QB who doesn't put the ball in his pocket. NYG had like four practice squad O-linemen, and they had a game plan for that. It can be done, you just have to have a Coach who knows what he's doing.

EB better not sniff interim HC. He's already in over his head, and has proven he does not have the wherewithal to make one adjustment. Adding the actual Head Coaching duties to his plate and you expect the offense to get better?

Calling Dotson a bust is no different than the CY is a bust talk - it's not accurate. Does he have two drops in seven games or something like that? Scary Terry had one last night too...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 09:16 AM   #87
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Yesterday was definitively on the OL - 5 out of the 6 sacks were on them. The OL is a problem that has been getting worse and will take probably years to fix at this point (4 of 5 of our starters would not start on any other team and a couple possibly would not even make a roster outside the Redskins). The OL player quality has deteriorated every single year since Ron became coach which has resulted in this year the Skins having the worst line in their history and probably the worst line in the NFL for this season.

Yesterday was absolutely on the line. Sam was barely taking two step drops and there were multiple defenders in his face. Gates and Wylie might be the two worst free agent acquisitions I remember. They have both been God awful. Leno too. Cosmi might be a keeper. The new regime is going to have their work cut out there. Than there is LB (two), TE, CB, and maybe QB. Lots of holes. Zero depth in a lot of areas. Ron has really done a lot of damage pretending to be a GM.
Old 10-23-2023, 09:20 AM   #88
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

We Effing Suck - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
This O-line looks pretty bad, but they would be more than serviceable with better coaching, a better game plan, and a QB who doesn't put the ball in his pocket. NYG had like four practice squad O-linemen, and they had a game plan for that. It can be done, you just have to have a Coach who knows what he's doing.

EB better not sniff interim HC. He's already in over his head, and has proven he does not have the wherewithal to make one adjustment. Adding the actual Head Coaching duties to his plate and you expect the offense to get better?

Calling Dotson a bust is no different than the CY is a bust talk - it's not accurate. Does he have two drops in seven games or something like that? Scary Terry had one last night too...

Dotson doesn’t just have drops, he isn’t getting open either.

I don’t expect anything to get better on either side of the ball this year. This year is over. So why not see how players respond to EB? What is the worst thing that can happen? We wind up with 4 wins instead of 6? JDR certainly shouldn’t be interim. So who is it going to be?

It comes down to ride out the season with Ron knowing it is his last or giving EB a shot. I just don’t want those decisions to be made after the season without knowing.

Last edited by punch it in; 10-23-2023 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-23-2023, 09:22 AM   #89
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

I don’t need anyone to play QB to know Wylie and Charles are not starters in this league. Cosmi wasn’t good yesterday. Gates clearly allowed the first sack.

Leno is a starter but inconsistent run blocking.

The Oline is very much a huge problem.

A non existent run game is very much a big problem.

Yes Sam played bad and he is now hearing steps in the pocket from the hits, but a majority of this was caused by a bad oline mismanagement from Ron and EB playcalling and poor run game

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 09:34 AM   #90
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Perfectly said, Chief. I'll say it again, this is a bottom 5 coaching staff in the league. The head coach, and defensive and offensive coordinators are horrendous. As much as I wanna like Bieneimy; he has been as bad or worst than JDR. I don't want Bieneimy nowhere near the interim head coach. I mean zero interest.
No way there are even 4 worse coaching staffs. This staff does less with more, than other bad teams. The Bears gangbanged us, the Bears!!! And the HC is the GM, and he's even worse in that role*.

Every single person below the executive staff should be fired no later than 3 days after Week 17.

Get a GM, hopefully hire a young HC, like Johnson from the Lions, fix the OL, and get a DC that has more than 1 play in his playbook.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 10-23-2023 at 09:59 AM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote