***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

Other Sports

Old 09-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #76
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: ***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Boise St. would be a consistent 5 loss team in the SEC every year. Alabama would plow through them like a knife through warm butter and as far as the game last night, I will say that Va Tech lost it more than Boise St won it. And if Boise St is so good why don't they schedule a top SEC team and play them on the road and not Oregon St. at home? I am sick of hearing about how good Boise St is in a game they had a 17-0 lead in against the choke team of Va Tech. A lucky punt block, a running into the kicker, and a fumble on the QB/C exchange gave Boise St 17 pts. Did their offense really do anything until late 3rd qtr and Va Tech deciding to play the "prevent victory" defense. The only Big Time conference Boise St would run through is the Big East cause that conference is a joke. I still say this if UNC gets all their players back they win the ACC not Va Tech.
Don't be so sure....they DID beat Oklahoma in a bowl game. I agree they wouldn't be sniffing undefeated seasons, but they'd still be competitive.

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #77
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Tyrod Taylor is a really good -- probably top 5 -- college quarterback with the skill set required of NFL quarterbacks. But even though VT runs a lot of pro style stuff, he plays a decidedly college game out there.

Which is really to the benefit of the Hokies. They should drop him back 45 times a game out there and let him make plays that will win them ball games. He's too good (and too late in his career) to do otherwise. But trying to run behind that OL...I know you have backs you really like but ugh...save that for the games against creampuffs.
Two years back I thought TT would become nothing and would hurt VT more then help and boy was I wrong. He has the arm and can make the passes if he gets any time to drop back into the pocket. What I saw Monday night was a QB who had to use his feet or get crushed. If he did not make those plays VT would have been crushed but TT kept them in that game and played a very tough game. I felt sorry for him after the game because he left it all on the field when at times he did not have allot of help.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #78
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Don't be so sure....they DID beat Oklahoma in a bowl game. I agree they wouldn't be sniffing undefeated seasons, but they'd still be competitive.
3 years ago and Oklahoma is the king of choking in big games along with Va Tech and Ohio St. Also, Boise St needed some serious luck to pull that off. Like I said put Boise in the SEC and they lose 4-5 games a year. Bama, Fla, LSU, Aub, Ark, UGA all beat Boise especially if Boise comes to their house. I will say it again Va Tech isnt that good. 3rd best team in the ACC at best behind Miami and UNC when they arent suspending ppl.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #79
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
3 years ago and Oklahoma is the king of choking in big games along with Va Tech and Ohio St. Also, Boise St needed some serious luck to pull that off. Like I said put Boise in the SEC and they lose 4-5 games a year. Bama, Fla, LSU, Aub, Ark, UGA all beat Boise especially if Boise comes to their house. I will say it again Va Tech isnt that good. 3rd best team in the ACC at best behind Miami and UNC when they arent suspending ppl.
lol Boise could easily hang 40 on Florida, LSU, Aub, ?Ark-they always suck?, UGA, SC this year. Bama is legit. SEC is great conference, but Boise could easily hang and beat them this year. LSU was not impressive against UNC.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:35 PM   #80
12thMan
MVP

Like seriously, I don't watch a ton of college football but I've watched enough of SEC football and Boise over the past three years to know that none of those boys, Bamma included, will not beat Boise by three touches. No effin way!

I guess anything could happen in one game, but this team is legit. I'm not ready to say they are the best team in the country right now, but they are definitely top five.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #81
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
lol Boise could easily hang 40 on Florida, LSU, Aub, ?Ark-they always suck?, UGA, SC this year. Bama is legit. SEC is great conference, but Boise could easily hang and beat them this year. LSU was not impressive against UNC.
If your gonna look me in the screen and seriously say Boise would hang 40 on ANY top SEC team when they needed to be spotted 17 to put 33 on Va Tech then GOD help you.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #82
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Like seriously, I don't watch a ton of college football but I've watched enough of SEC football and Boise over the past three years to know that none of those boys, Bamma included, will not beat Boise by three touches. No effin way!

I guess anything could happen in one game, but this team is legit. I'm not ready to say they are the best team in the country right now, but they are definitely top five.
Seeing how Va Tech should have beaten them by 2 TDs yes Bama who dismantled Fla by 19 in last years SEC Championship game and FLA was a better team then Boise is now 3 Tds seems right, and why doesn't Boise schedule any SEC teams???? Answer me that, a mediocre Va Tech and a sub-par Oregon St. at home doesn't equal NC game. Shit Ohio St. would tear Boise a new one.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #83
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

With the exception of the first qtr where they were spotted 17 points, Boise was completely outplayed that game. Mental mistakes cost Va Tech that game and playing the prevent victory defense rushing 3 and dropping 8 while playing 15 yards off the WRs on Boise's final drive.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #84
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
If your gonna look me in the screen and seriously say Boise would hang 40 on ANY top SEC team when they needed to be spotted 17 to put 33 on Va Tech then GOD help you.
lololololol...I seriously feel Boise is gonna be this good this year. Im not saying every year, but this year with everyone returning, building off a very good last season, with many good players leaving SEC for the draft, they are peaking this year. They were very sloppy against a very very average Va Tech defense...I can sit here and yes look you in the screen and not fear Ali and say Boise could beat every team in the SEC, hanging 40 on some.

He Gets Us
Old 09-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #85
12thMan
MVP

I don't know, but why do I get the feeling that some of you guys act as if Boise St. is like a very good high school team? It's pretty weird.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:40 PM   #86
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
lololololol...I seriously feel Boise is gonna be this good this year. Im not saying every year, but this year with everyone returning, building off a very good last season, with many good players leaving SEC for the draft, they are peaking this year. They were very sloppy against a very very average Va Tech defense...I can sit here and yes look you in the screen and not fear Ali and say Boise could beat every team in the SEC, hanging 40 on some.
Vandy 40 yes, Miss St. 40 yes, Ole Miss 40 probably depending on how much of a fluke the Jax St game was, Tenn 40 probably not but they would beat them, no one else are they dropping 40 on and Boise is losing 20 or 21 starters this year or some BS like that, trust me they are a 3 loss team next year and a consistent 4 to 5 loss team if they were in the SEC and they never schedule any SEC games ever be it home or away.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #87
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I don't know, but why do I get the feeling that some of you guys act as if Boise St. is like a very good high school team? It's pretty weird.
No Boise is good I give them that but people are ready to crown them in the title game and they don't deserve it sorry, their schedule is weak if they played 5 or 6 ranked teams sure but they don't deserve it and neither does TCU, and Boise wouldn't beat Bama home or road game its a ass whipping either way on that one so while they are beating Nevada and Utah State Oklahoma is playing Texas and Miami. And I am well aware that Utah State lost by 7 to Oklahoma but that was a fluke also.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #88
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Boise is not a "new team" on the scene, they have built this very strong program in the last 5 years. We will agree to disagree Quake

He Gets Us
Old 09-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #89
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
No Boise is good I give them that but people are ready to crown them in the title game and they don't deserve it sorry, their schedule is weak if they played 5 or 6 ranked teams sure but they don't deserve it and neither does TCU, and Boise wouldn't beat Bama home or road game its a ass whipping either way on that one so while they are beating Nevada and Utah State Oklahoma is playing Texas and Miami. And I am well aware that Utah State lost by 7 to Oklahoma but that was a fluke also.
Well, since it's a fluke when the small programs beat the likes of Oklahoma and Va Tech, but the larger programs are really better when they beat Boise and TCU, I guess we'll just have to wait for a Bowl game to settle this.

Whatever the case may be, it seems we're finally starting to see some parity across college football at the national level, and that's a good thing.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:16 PM   #90
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Vandy 40 yes, Miss St. 40 yes, Ole Miss 40 probably depending on how much of a fluke the Jax St game was, Tenn 40 probably not but they would beat them, no one else are they dropping 40 on and Boise is losing 20 or 21 starters this year or some BS like that, trust me they are a 3 loss team next year and a consistent 4 to 5 loss team if they were in the SEC and they never schedule any SEC games ever be it home or away.
Good lord Quake, you could put any of 25-30 major programs in the SEC and they'd lose a few games each year, so what's your point?

I think that's more of indication of how stacked the SEC has been for a long, long time. Too damn long if you ask me.