Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

F...Snow

Parking Lot

Old 03-14-2017, 11:47 AM   #76
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: F...Snow

In Charles County here in Maryland was mostly ice and rain,roads are pretty clear but the black ice tonight and tomorrow will be a bitch.

Advertisements
Old 03-14-2017, 11:49 AM   #77
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Man, so jealous. Was hoping we'd get ONE snow day this year, so I hedged my bets that we would. Made a few too many Moscow Mules.
Im glad Richmond got missed, but we had some nasty Sleet...trees frozen and lotta people without power.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:52 AM   #78
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
In Charles County here in Maryland was mostly ice and rain,roads are pretty clear but the black ice tonight and tomorrow will be a bitch.
Giant, do you live close to the water up there? My Aunt and Unc live up on the peninsula...trying to remember where

He Gets Us
Old 03-14-2017, 01:30 PM   #79
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Im glad Richmond got missed, but we had some nasty Sleet...trees frozen and lotta people without power.
How much did you get? We had a literal dusting. Snow is actually mostly gone now.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:52 PM   #80
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Got my first snow day as essential personnel for Fairfax County today, however the government center was open so I didn't get any extra OT/comp time out of it, even though I had to be at work at 7 this morning when it was coming down heavy and the roads were icy. We got a couple inches on the 95 side, but it kept switching to sleet and icy rain.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:38 PM   #81
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
How much did you get? We had a literal dusting. Snow is actually mostly gone now.
no snow...just bunch of sleet and freezing rain last night and this morning. its all gone now. knocked a bunch of power out....

He Gets Us
Old 03-14-2017, 08:02 PM   #82
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Sorry wrong post.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:06 PM   #83
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Giant, do you live close to the water up there? My Aunt and Unc live up on the peninsula...trying to remember where
Charles ,St.Mary's and Calvert all have water access.From where I live in Waldorf I am about 25 mins north and about 10 mins East of the Potomac.To get to the bay maybe 40 mins.
The Mrs and I went house hunting in Chestertown on the Eastern Shore on the Chester river Sunday and had a ball.She wants another few years of teaching and I am ready to go NOW!
Old 03-14-2017, 08:32 PM   #84
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Charles ,St.Mary's and Calvert all have water access.From where I live in Waldorf I am about 25 mins north and about 10 mins East of the Potomac.To get to the bay maybe 40 mins.
The Mrs and I went house hunting in Chestertown on the Eastern Shore on the Chester river Sunday and had a ball.She wants another few years of teaching and I am ready to go NOW!
Cool...my aunt and uncle town is mechanicsville, they live along side a creek area that empties out to the a body of water...can't remember if Potomac or the other side...I like that area, def the coolest part of Maryland.

He Gets Us
Old 03-14-2017, 08:36 PM   #85
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Beaverdam 40 miles Northwest of Richmond got an inch that melted by noon, that is only the second measurable snow of winter this year, it has been pretty mild.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:43 AM   #86
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

This. Eff snow

He Gets Us
Old 12-09-2017, 11:22 AM   #87
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
This. Eff snow
Been snowing for almost three hours here in Charles county MD just starting to stick to cars and the grass,big flakes.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:25 AM   #88
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Morning All! This is a bad one so take care.The cold and the wind are what will be the trouble snow is minimal.Watch out for your water pipes in and out of the house. Turn off your outside spigots and leave cabinet doors open under sinks and if you can afford it have a small drizzle of water run so the pipes don't freeze.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:31 AM   #89
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

eff snow...that is all. got like 4 inches and its enough to shut down everything. luckily can still work from home (sarc.)

He Gets Us
Old 01-04-2018, 11:32 AM   #90
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I used to dislike snow, now that my job is considered emergency personnel for the county, I've been waiting for over a year and a half to get snowfall big enough for the county to shutdown and go into emergency mode, which means we get double time and 12 hour shifts. Instead NoVa hasn't had a single storm that's put more than an inch or two on the ground. Come on man!