Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

So... The Government is Shut Down...

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #76
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: So... The Government is Shut Down...

Public opinion of the health care law - CBS News
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #77
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Although I overall dislike European parliamentry style government, and I like the way our government stability and newness is created through the 1/3 turnover Senate, all the House every 2 years, it is times like these that I wish there was a mechanism that would allow for public referendums, either on legislative acts, the ACA, or where we could put the whole House and Senate up for election at once, possibly Presidency as well.

The government has become fairly dysfunctional, and this shutdown is just the latest in a long line of examples. In my opinion, it would be a great day if we could tell all 536 of them, your services are no longer required, and you are ineligible to run for federal office again. and even better if we could disband the Republican and Democratic parties and force a restart from a new class of politicians.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #78
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
LOL. Once again Fox News reports a satire story to be true "news." Note to Fox News: please hire a fact checker.

Fox Falls For Fake Story About Obama Personally Funding Muslim Museum During Shutdown | Blog | Media Matters for America

I was going to post this story on the media thread, but this works as well. I somewhat understand when a China media source ran with a Onion story, but Fox News running with a story from a satirical site? It's no surprise most of their viewers are ignorant about a great deal of subjects.

Quote:
And of course there's this, where Americans say that they are for the ACA but against Obamacare. So much for polls in this situation:
Jimmy Kimmel's Obamacare stunt: How infallible is public opinion? - latimes.com

Thanks for handling business. Most American people still are clueless about Obamacare, they've just been told by their media that it's bad so that's what they are parroting.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #79
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

About the only bright spot in Congress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The government has become fairly dysfunctional, and this shutdown is just the latest in a long line of examples. In my opinion, it would be a great day if we could tell all 536 of them, your services are no longer required, and you are ineligible to run for federal office again. and even better if we could disband the Republican and Democratic parties and force a restart from a new class of politicians.
livememe.com - ... and the USA was all like 'nah.'

This guy knew what was up.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 10-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #80
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
If you want a budget passed, blame goes solely on the Senate Democrats and President. They have not passed one since Obama has been President and we're heading into year #6. There's absolutely no excuse, the Democrats held the White House and BOTH houses of Congress for 2 years and still did not pass a budget.

That alone should be an impeachable offense, not performing the most important job duty they're required to do.

Lay off the vacations and parties and do your job, Mr. President and Senator Reid.

Tea party Republicans blame Obama for the shutdown they planned - latimes.com

Quote:
This is the same woman who has been absolutely giddy in other interviews talking about how “very excited” she and her colleagues are, as if the shutdown is the best thing since Jesus turned water into wine. “It’s exactly what we wanted, and we got it,” Bachmann said to the Washington Post.

I assure you there is a reason no budget has been passed, and it's not the Democrats or the President(not that they are any better). The Tea Party is a huge reason because they simply will not compromise at all. It's either give into their demands or they'll shut it down. It's been their MO for a while now, and they certainly are happy about it. The reason you can't get these asshats out of Congress is because of gerrymandering. Redesign their districts so they'll never lose another election. Hey, if you can't win fair and square...cheat.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #81
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post

Since you like CBS....

Poll: Americans not happy about shutdown; more blame GOP - CBS News

CBS News/ October 3, 2013, 7:00 AM
Poll: Americans not happy about shutdown; more blame GOP

Play CBS News Video

By Sarah Dutton, Jennifer De Pinto, Anthony Salvanto and Fred Backus

On day three of the partial government shutdown, a new CBS News poll reveals that a large majority of Americans disapprove of the shutdown and more are blaming Republicans than President Obama and the Democrats for it.

Play Video
No progress on shutdown after White House meeting

Fully 72 percent of Americans disapprove of shutting down the federal government over differences on the Affordable Care Act; just 25 percent approve of this action. Republicans are divided: 48 percent approve, while 49 percent disapprove. Most tea party supporters approve of the government shutdown - 57 percent of them do. Disapproval of the shutdown is high among Democrats and independents. This CBS News poll was conducted after the partial government shutdown began on October 1.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #82
firstdown
Living Legend

This President has gone to a new low. He really can't find $500,000 to send to these families. Nothing like trying to prove a point at anyone cost. First the WWII Memorial now this.

Shutdown denies death benefits to families of fallen soldiers - TODAY.com
Old 10-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #83
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
This President has gone to a new low. He really can't find $500,000 to send to these families. Nothing like trying to prove a point at anyone cost. First the WWII Memorial now this.

You can thank the Tea Party for this. They are ecstatic about the shut down.

I find it funny that the Repubs are trying to pass legislation that would fund these veterans. Well, that's not how this works. You don't shut down the government and then pass legislation that YOU want. This is the compromise portion that they aren't getting. I hope the Senate shoots down any and all legislation crap from the Republicans until they come off their demands.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #84
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
You can thank the Tea Party for this. They are ecstatic about the shut down.

I find it funny that the Repubs are trying to pass legislation that would fund these veterans. Well, that's not how this works. You don't shut down the government and then pass legislation that YOU want. This is the compromise portion that they aren't getting. I hope the Senate shoots down any and all legislation crap from the Republicans until they come off their demands.
Really, like passing a law (Obama care) then deciding which parts of the law you want to postpone or keep.

We have the money on hand the president is using these people to make a point. He sure found the money to make those raids over the weekend but he can't find the money for this? Give me a break.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #85
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Really, like passing a law (Obama care) then deciding which parts of the law you want to postpone or keep.

We have the money on hand the president is using these people to make a point. He sure found the money to make those raids over the weekend but he can't find the money for this? Give me a break.
The President isn't the one that wanted the government shutdown, that was the Republicans (Tea Tards in particular). It's obvious by all the polls who the public blames for this. Even the Fox News polls had most of the people blaming the GOP.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #86
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:

What are you talking about? The shutdown is the Tea Party's doing. There is a memo from August signed by Tea Party Congresspeople which details their shutdown strategy. This is written proof that the shutdown is a Tea Party creation.

If the shutdown is causing problems, the blame lies with the Tea Party alone.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #87
firstdown
Living Legend

This has nothing to do with the shut down and is Obama just trying to prove a point. Like closing down the WWII memorial which is an outside memorial. It actually took more man power to try and close it down then it did to just leave it open.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #88
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
What are you talking about? The shutdown is the Tea Party's doing. There is a memo from August signed by Tea Party Congresspeople which details their shutdown strategy. This is written proof that the shutdown is a Tea Party creation.

If the shutdown is causing problems, the blame lies with the Tea Party alone.
That was my point this should not have been a problem but was made out to be by the president. If your going to use a memo to make a point you should also provide a link.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #89
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
That was my point this should not have been a problem but was made out to be by the president. If your going to use a memo to make a point you should also provide a link.
Happily.

Where the G.O.P.'s Suicide Caucus Lives : The New Yorker
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #90
Giantone
Gamebreaker

From Fox , of all places .....

Five reasons Americans already love ObamaCare — plus one reason why they’re gonna love it even more, soon | Fox News