Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Buyers, Sellers, Both, or Neither?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-01-2020, 11:07 PM   #76
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Buyers, Sellers, Both, or Neither?

If the Cowboys (who are extremely desperate for a QB) called and offered a 4th rounder for Haskins (I highly doubted, but you never know). Would you make the move?

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-02-2020, 01:39 AM   #77
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
If the Cowboys (who are extremely desperate for a QB) called and offered a 4th rounder for Haskins (I highly doubted, but you never know). Would you make the move?
If anybody calls and offers a 4th round pick for Dwayne Haskins, yes they take it, immediately. They would probably take a 5th too; and they would probably take a 6th if it's offered. Not sure there will be any offers, but who knows?
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:19 AM   #78
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Haskins was arguably the worst qb in the nfl statistically, and shows super low levels of maturity. If anything is offered at all...i think you have to take it. He clearly won't be on this team next year, so taking anything>just cutting him in the offseason.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:22 AM   #79
MTK
\m/

If anyone offered anything for DH I'd take it. Doubt it happens though.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:28 AM   #80
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
If anyone offered anything for DH I'd take it. Doubt it happens though.
Yea....i can't see anyone giving anything for him. Every other gm knows how this played out and they can get him after the season if they want. Doesnt make any sense to give up a pick for a really serious project. Hes not a peice thats gonna help anyone over the hump or for a playoff push. He may not even be able to learn a new playback in that time.
Wishful thinking, though.
Only way he goes if it's like a package dea with kerrigan and him for a 4th or 5th or something...and that doesnt seem like it would happen either.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:35 AM   #81
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

From what I heard RK isn't drumming up any interest either so getting a pick for him seems unlikely. We as fans are probably overvaluing his contributions this season.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:44 AM   #82
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Only teams I see coming in for RK are those where a good DE can get them over the hump. Only landing spots I see are Seattle who could use someone to help them finish strong particularly in division, or LV, maybe GB or Miami; all of which are in the playoff hunt but might benefit from additional pass rush potential.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:46 AM   #83
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Hell yeah, I'd love to watch him kill the Cowboys from the inside.

If Alex Smith can't help mentor the guy into a usable QB, you think Dallas can fix him?
Old 11-02-2020, 10:01 AM   #84
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Only teams I see coming in for RK are those where a good DE can get them over the hump. Only landing spots I see are Seattle who could use someone to help them finish strong particularly in division, or LV, maybe GB or Miami; all of which are in the playoff hunt but might benefit from additional pass rush potential.
Arizona could use either Anderson or Kerrigan, without Jones they have barely a pass rush.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 10:55 AM   #85
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
From what I heard RK isn't drumming up any interest either so getting a pick for him seems unlikely. We as fans are probably overvaluing his contributions this season.
A radio talking head made a good point.

Any team trading for RK would have to take a 6M or so cap hit and with the cap shrinking next year, thats 6M teams could carry over to next year.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:30 AM   #86
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
A radio talking head made a good point.

Any team trading for RK would have to take a 6M or so cap hit and with the cap shrinking next year, thats 6M teams could carry over to next year.
So what? It's an easy decision to take the $6M hit for a team that is in the playoff hunt and needs pass rush help - which is a critical factor in winning in the NFL. Ryan Kerrigan is one of the few potentially available players who is practically guaranteed to make a difference as a situational pass rusher.

If there have been trade talks and there are any hangups, they are probably about draft pick or player compensation.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 11:52 AM   #87
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
So what? It's an easy decision to take the $6M hit for a team that is in the playoff hunt and needs pass rush help - which is a critical factor in winning in the NFL. Ryan Kerrigan is one of the few potentially available players who is practically guaranteed to make a difference as a situational pass rusher.

If there have been trade talks and there are any hangups, they are probably about draft pick or player compensation.
I hear ya. But teams worried about the cap next year have to weigh 6M or so for 7 games of Ryan Kerrigan in 2020 (fa after this) vs having 6M more for breathing room in 2021.

Probably all moot .. team said they arent trading him (and will continue to play him for 17% of snaps and alienate your only real vet presence in the locker room? makes little sense imo)
Old 11-02-2020, 12:08 PM   #88
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I hear ya. But teams worried about the cap next year have to weigh 6M or so for 7 games of Ryan Kerrigan in 2020 (fa after this) vs having 6M more for breathing room in 2021.

Probably all moot .. team said they arent trading him (and will continue to play him for 17% of snaps and alienate your only real vet presence in the locker room? makes little sense imo)
He's been a real nice player for the 'Skins for 10 years or so. Can't argue that one bit. However, he isn't a full time impact player anymore, and there are now better options ahead of him on the roster. The players understand this is a business, and he is smart enough to know they aren't going to just give him away. His best bet is to play his ass off when he gets his opportunities, and show out for his next team/contract.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 12:39 PM   #89
MTK
\m/

WFT should do their best to trade him but you can't just give him away either. I wouldn't take anything less than a 5th.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:53 PM   #90
njant
Special Teams

who is are future QB then ? this draft or next or free agency
njant is offline   Reply With Quote