Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins/Vikings post game thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Your game ball goes to...
RG3 32 42.67%
Robert Griffin III 39 52.00%
Other 4 5.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #76
MTK
\m/

Re: Skins/Vikings post game thread

Easily our most complete game so far. The D held strong when it mattered, came up with turnovers, and put up 6. And RG3 was just amazing, once again.

Advertisements
Old 10-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #77
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I just want to express my disappointment with Mike and Kyle Shanahan on this victory. Had they only followed Jeff Fischer's blue print of excellent coaching, we would could have walked away with a loss just like him. **** those guys man.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #78
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Imo RG-3 is keeping a lot of jobs safe in Washington. Just sayin........
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #79
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I hear people bitching about the defense, but who the hell possibly has a problem with our offense? I find myself wondering if RG-3 is making KS look good or vice versa, but I really dont care as long as were putting up 30 a game.
Our defense did keep the Vikes to three FGs, when they could have easily scored 3 TDs at the beginning of the game. Kinda hard to complaint against that. Had they not done this, the game would have gone away from easy early on.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #80
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Fred Davis has a new name for RGIII, "Black Jesus".

Fred Davis calls RGIII ‘Black Jesus’

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #81
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Superstars tend to do that. No shame in that.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #82
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I just want to express my disappointment with Mike and Kyle Shanahan on this victory. Had they only followed Jeff Fischer's blue print of excellent coaching, we would could have walked away with a loss just like him. **** those guys man.
You would have thought they learned last year that high draft picks are a good thing. We can go for a high second rounder and they are trying to ruin it for us.

Speaking of the Rams. Im sure they are rooting for the teams playing the Skins (for a higher first rounder) every bit as much as they are cheering for the Rams. It must suck to be a Rams fan today. Throw in RG3>Bradford and they must really be making liquor store owners in the St Louis area rich.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #83
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Special teams showed up today -- and it wasn't just Forbath. That was the Vikings biggest edge on paper. It was negligible on the field. The defenses flaws are still very obvious, but they've scored four weeks in a row. The defense didn't score once in the 2008 or 2009 seasons. Four times in four weeks.

The offense is nowhere near its potential which is both awesome and frustrating at the same time.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #84
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Superstars tend to do that. No shame in that.
Hell no. No shame at all. I love it. I dont care how or why the Redskins win as long as they win. At this point to re-hash fisher vs Shanny or any nonsense about "haters",etc is just pointless. What I am seeing on a weekly basis from this kid is just unreal. He is "almost" single handedly willing us to victory. Do I give kudos to the FO / coaches for drafting him? I guess, but wasnt it kind of a no brainer? Without him on this team we are three years into Shannys tenure and a real sh#t bomb of a team. Again - RG-3 is keeping alot of jobs safe, and they should all realize that and buy him something really nice for x-mas.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #85
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Everytime I see a comment like this, the only thing I can think of is how bad a coach Bill Belichick is, or how bad of a coach that Walsh was, or any coach that has won with a superstar QB. To me, this line says that Joe Gibbs is a great coach, Brian Billick is a good coach, and no one else to ever coach in the NFL was ever any good. They either won with a superstar QB or they didnt win.

Is it really a surprise to see the offense better than last year when our QB went from RGInt to RG3?
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #86
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Hell no. No shame at all. I love it. I dont care how or why the Redskins win as long as they win. At this point to re-hash fisher vs Shanny or any nonsense about "haters",etc is just pointless. What I am seeing on a weekly basis from this kid is just unreal. He is "almost" single handedly willing us to victory. Do I give kudos to the FO / coaches for drafting him? I guess, but wasnt it kind of a no brainer? Without him on this team we are three years into Shannys tenure and a real sh#t bomb of a team. Again - RG-3 is keeping alot of jobs safe, and they should all realize that and buy him something really nice for x-mas.
Easy to say now it was a no brainer. It was a move all your chips to the middle of the table type of move. Ballsy, big potential payoff, but still a risk nonetheless.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #87
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Everytime I see a comment like this, the only thing I can think of is how bad a coach Bill Belichick is, or how bad of a coach that Walsh was, or any coach that has won with a superstar QB. To me, this line says that Joe Gibbs is a great coach, Brian Billick is a good coach, and no one else to ever coach in the NFL was ever any good. They either won with a superstar QB or they didnt win.

Is it really a surprise to see the offense better than last year when our QB went from RGInt to RG3?
Well Belichick won 11 games a few years ago with Cassell. Also Parcells with Phil Simms or Tampa Bay with Brad Johnson. There are alot of examples actually - and if you want to look at Walsh's niners - well my God that team was LOADED with talent - talent that he drafted. I think it is safe to say we have no Jerry Rice, Ronnie Lott, etc, etc, etc, etc - Its not so black and white as you are making it out to be. Bradshaw wasnt exactly the greatest qb of all time, but look at the team that Knoll put around him? -
Old 10-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #88
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Easy to say now it was a no brainer. It was a move all your chips to the middle of the table type of move. Ballsy, big potential payoff, but still a risk nonetheless.
Yes, Ill give them props for going all in. I think they knew inside that the fan base was starved for a QB and nobody was going to bat an eye if they made the move. It was twenty years in the making.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #89
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Special teams showed up today -- and it wasn't just Forbath. That was the Vikings biggest edge on paper. It was negligible on the field. The defenses flaws are still very obvious, but they've scored four weeks in a row. The defense didn't score once in the 2008 or 2009 seasons. Four times in four weeks.

The offense is nowhere near its potential which is both awesome and frustrating at the same time.
Bingo. I think if we were to improve in this area, just a little bit, we could easily overcome the defensive flaws and even be a playoff team. We need to cut down on stupid mistake (holding calls that negate positive yardage), mental errors (that horrendous drop by Briscoe), and make sound play calls (as in not calling a stupid toss run that hasn't worked all game in a critical 3rd and short).
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #90
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Im not trying to start a shanny bashing. Im really not. I see all these comments about jeff fisher now and it is driving me crazy. Lol. I dont know why, but the people wantin to put shanny on a pedestal drive me crazy. I stand by my statement that RG3 is keeping alot of jobs safe and im over the rainbow fine with that because it means we are winning. Like Matty said there is no shame in that. He is a super star. You put fisher on this team or alot of other coaches and coordinators i think we are 3-3 if not 4-2 or 5-1 or 6-0. You take rg3 off this team we are 0-6. Bottom line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk