Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-15-2009, 11:19 AM   #76
ashvirtually
Special Teams

Re: Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
The Saints were in 'garbage time' seeking an unbeaten season? The Raiders went from beating a division leader in the Bengals and the SB Champs at their house to 'garbage time' overnight? The lengths some of you guys go to in order to not give credit when it's due is amazing.
Amazing? I'd call it laughable.

If I were Campbell, there's no way in Gaea's name I'd stay in this goddamn circus if there were other teams interested in having me.
ashvirtually is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #77
MTK
\m/

By the way the line play has been significantly better as of late.

JC was sacked 28 times through the first 9 games, while he's been sacked 5 times in the last 4.

Some of that's on him and the offense getting the ball out quicker, but just by watching the games you can see the improvement has been there.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #78
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
The Saints were in 'garbage time' seeking an unbeaten season? The Raiders went from beating a division leader in the Bengals and the SB Champs at their house to 'garbage time' overnight? The lengths some of you guys go to in order to not give credit when it's due is amazing.
Thats what I said, when the pressure was on late in the game vs NO he found a way to not get it done.

Oak played/won those games with Gradkowski. When JaMarcus Russell came in vs the Skins the game was essentailly over. Everybody watching that game knew Oak wasnt a threat to do anything on O with JR at QB.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:38 AM   #79
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Let's see what Campbell can do in the next 3 games so we can put this argument to rest. They will be playing a huge game against the Giants, who are fighting for a playoff spot and then Dallas the following week which is in the same situation and the SD in SD.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #80
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
By the way the line play has been significantly better as of late.

JC was sacked 28 times through the first 9 games, while he's been sacked 5 times in the last 4.

Some of that's on him and the offense getting the ball out quicker, but just by watching the games you can see the improvement has been there.
There's a conspicious difference in Jason's play since his protection has been just a little better. So yes, I would say his improvement goes hand in hand with the improvement along the OL.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #81
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think Campbell's agent and the Redskins are secretly working on a long term deal. I think we're going to name someone General Manager this off-season and we won't be looking far to get him. I think the Redskins have Levi Jones penciled in as the starting LT for opening day 2010. I think Samuels, Betts, Randle El, Daniels, Randy Thomas, and Rock Cartwright are all gone. I think CJ Spiller will be our first pick. I think I'd rather they wait until the 2nd round and take Best or Dwyer. I think we don't take a OL before the 3rd round and we take 2 in the draft. I think I'm getting tired and need to stop rambling.
I think I need to stop reading Peter King's 10 Things I Think I Think
So who do you think will be the coach then? Promoting a GM from within would seem to eliminate all the big name coach options.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #82
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
I think Campbell's agent and the Redskins are secretly working on a long term deal.
I don't see why this would be a secret. Besides, the skins would be pretty foolish to extend Campbell until we hire a new head coach... unless you beleive they already have a secret deal in place with his replacement... which I find doubtful since Shanahan (the only guy I can imagine Snyder agreeing to a private deal with), not only, by all reports, prefers Dallas, but would be a moron to agree to terms with Snyder before testing the market.

Quote:
I think we're going to name someone General Manager this off-season and we won't be looking far to get him.
By not looking far, I can only assume you mean "promoting" Cerrato. The only other in-house guy we that i can even envision being a possibility is Morocco Brown. he doesn't have nearly enough experience, does he?

Quote:
I think the Redskins have Levi Jones penciled in as the starting LT for opening day 2010. I think Samuels, Betts, Randle El, Daniels, Randy Thomas, and Rock Cartwright are all gone.
Agree on all these points.

Quote:
I think CJ Spiller will be our first pick. I think I'd rather they wait until the 2nd round and take Best or Dwyer. I think we don't take a OL before the 3rd round and we take 2 in the draft.
Please no.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:55 PM   #83
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I can't tell you..honestly though I have no idea. I don't even know who will be our General Manager. All I know are rumors. And rumors are like quarterbacks, when you have two you have none. Or something like that. Most of all this is really just things that I think. If I hear things that are truly legitimate enough to share, I will as always.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:55 PM   #84
dmek25
MVP

you really have to look at the alternative, if Campbell doesn't return. as far as im concerned, the names that have been mentioned aren't a better alternative
Old 12-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #85
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I don't see why this would be a secret. Besides, the skins would be pretty foolish to extend Campbell until we hire a new head coach... unless you beleive they already have a secret deal in place with his replacement... which I find doubtful since Shanahan (the only guy I can imagine Snyder agreeing to a private deal with), not only, by all reports, prefers Dallas, but would be a moron to agree to terms with Snyder before testing the market.
Fair points

Quote:
By not looking far, I can only assume you mean "promoting" Cerrato. The only other in-house guy we that i can even envision being a possibility is Morocco Brown. he doesn't have nearly enough experience, does he?
Don't assume. Not looking far doesn't necessarily mean in-house...although in this case it reportedly does
Old 12-15-2009, 03:45 PM   #86
celts32
Playmaker

I am afraid of the in house GM candidate. Not that I think we don't have qualified people. I just don't think anyone we would promote would have the full authority to do the job their way without interference.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:56 PM   #87
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Fair points

Don't assume. Not looking far doesn't necessarily mean in-house...although in this case it reportedly does
So is it Brown then? And if so, would Cerrato be gone or remain in another role?

If the later, its truly a great idea then! Instead of Snyder hiring a "real" GM to appease the fans, he just adds another layer into the equation.

Snyder the Owner
Cerrato the Team President
Brown the General Manager

Snyder can pull Cerratos strings and Cerrato will, in turn, pull Moroccos! Brilliant! Deviously brilliant!

We will just have to come up with another term since Snyderatto would no longer suffice. Let me be first to coin the term "SNYDCERACCO."
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:56 PM   #88
MTK
\m/

Inside or outside would it really matter? Let's face it Snyder is going to have his say no matter who is here.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:30 PM   #89
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Thats what I said, when the pressure was on late in the game vs NO he found a way to not get it done.

Oak played/won those games with Gradkowski. When JaMarcus Russell came in vs the Skins the game was essentailly over. Everybody watching that game knew Oak wasnt a threat to do anything on O with JR at QB.
So to be clear the first 58 minutes of the game were 'garbage time' vs. an undefeated team but when the pressure was on, after he'd already led the team to 30 points, THAT is what counts.

So in the Oakland game when the Redskins had a 17-10 lead at halftime, all of which Gradkowski played, that didn't count either but when Russell came in, THAT is what counts.

I see. Here I was thinking the whole 60 minutes of every game counted. What the hell have I been watching the past 34 years?!?

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #90
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
I am afraid of the in house GM candidate. Not that I think we don't have qualified people. I just don't think anyone we would promote would have the full authority to do the job their way without interference.
Too bad Marty can't come back as a formidable GM, that's a guaranteed way of getting rid of Vinny.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote