Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Week 8: Redskins Vs Steelers Matchup Thoughts

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #76
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Week 8: Redskins Vs Steelers Matchup Thoughts

He's seeing a neurologist, which is scary. I don't think he plays, which honestly makes me very sad. He deserves the streak.

On the bright side, our defense cant possibly be worse without him. Its not like we can fall to 33rd in pass defense.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-24-2012, 11:58 PM   #77
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
He's seeing a neurologist, which is scary. I don't think he plays, which honestly makes me very sad. He deserves the streak.

On the bright side, our defense cant possibly be worse without him. Its not like we can fall to 33rd in pass defense.
Run defense will suffer.

That's just too weird on the balance concerns. Geez, hope it's something totally innocuous like a weird flu or sometimes pain can throw your balance off.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:22 AM   #78
MTK
\m/

I hope it's not concussion related.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:24 AM   #79
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

I agree with Goat, run defense will suffer. I just don't expect 'Zo to be able to fill in for Fletch. As far as his streak goes, I remember thinking Favre's streak would never end until he retired. But I think at this point in his career, it's not about keeping streaks alive. If he needs a week off to be ready to go for the second half of the season, I'm fine with that. His streak is an amazing accomplishment in and of itself.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:37 AM   #80
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I agree with Goat, run defense will suffer. I just don't expect 'Zo to be able to fill in for Fletch. As far as his streak goes, I remember thinking Favre's streak would never end until he retired. But I think at this point in his career, it's not about keeping streaks alive. If he needs a week off to be ready to go for the second half of the season, I'm fine with that. His streak is an amazing accomplishment in and of itself.
Agreed. I know this is early, but do you think His jersey is unofficial retire-worthy?
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:37 AM   #81
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Agreed. I know this is early, but do you think His jersey is unofficial retire-worthy?
No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:51 AM   #82
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Edit

Last edited by punch it in; 10-25-2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:33 AM   #83
Bucket
Playmaker

Maybe we will see more Robinson too since Zo is big on ST. I would like to see him develop and eventually take Rileys spot, then Riley taking over Fletcher. He actually looks like our most athletic ILB atm.
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:04 AM   #84
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Well hopefully Fletcher will be able to play. Shanahan hasn't ruled Fletcher out. If he does it will be a game time decision. If it's a game time choice then I can see Fletcher playing. Maybe he starts but alternates off and on with Robinson or Alexander.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #85
Deivybaby

I like london but he cant cover any more and is old. Time to find early replacement.
Deivybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #86
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivybaby View Post
I like london but he cant cover any more and is old. Time to find early replacement.
He still plays at a higher level than most LBs. He was elite before, he's still well above-average. You can't expect him to cover Jimmy Graham every time if that's what you're going by. Not many LBs can cover him.

We also have his replacement already on the roster possibly. That's exactly why we drafted Keenan Robinson. Perry Riley could be playing himself into that role too, heir to Fletcher's spot.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #87
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
He still plays at a higher level than most LBs. He was elite before, he's still well above-average. You can't expect him to cover Jimmy Graham every time if that's what you're going by. Not many LBs can cover him.

We also have his replacement already on the roster possibly. That's exactly why we drafted Keenan Robinson. Perry Riley could be playing himself into that role too, heir to Fletcher's spot.
None of our LBs are really good cover guys, but Fletcher is awful. He is slow, and it's not just Graham.

Here is a useful stat.

Fletcher vs Giants was targeted 6 times giving up 6 completions for 48 yards.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #88
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

No one is picking the skins in this one, that's OK I like the underdog role.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #89
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Amazing how many "ehhh" comments i have seen about Fletch since his injury. Lol. Not just your comment NC but many others. I mean it isnt exactly ancient history that Fletch was making plays - even in the passing game. I guess it truely is a what have you done for me lately game?

Old 10-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #90
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Amazing how many "ehhh" comments i have seen about Fletch since his injury. Lol. Not just your comment NC but many others. I mean it isnt exactly ancient history that Fletch was making plays - even in the passing game. I guess it truely is a what have you done for me lately game?

it is, i took some flak when i suggested that losing orakpo was not an end of the world type situation. i pointed out that he's not demarcus ware and i think that rubbed some people the wrong way. orakpo is a very good player, but i don't see him as a game-changer (yes, even before his injury).