Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Fantasy Tips

Fantasy Football

Old 08-30-2010, 01:51 PM   #76
MTK
\m/

Re: Fantasy Tips

I heard recently, can't remember from where, that Bradshaw may end up getting the bulk of the carries this year. Jacobs just isn't the same guy he used to be.

Advertisements
Old 08-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #77
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Here's my draft from yesterday...

QB Aaron Rodgers
RB1 Shonne Green
RB2 Beanie Wells
WR1 Reggie Wayne
WR2 DeSean Jackson
TE Jermichael Finley
W/R Clinton Portis
K Robbie Gould
Def Minnesota

Bench:
Ahmad Bradshaw
Kyle Orton
Braylon Edwards
Santonio Holmes
Heath Miller

I'm worried about week one and whether to sit Beanie Wells or Shonne Green. Green is going against Baltimore plus LT has been looking good in preseason. Wells is against the Rams... so I'm thinking Green should sit in favor of Bradshaw, but I'm not sure how the whole Bradshaw/Jacobs split is going to look. I probably need to trade for a better #1 RB.
If I had your team, I'd bench Wells and start Bradshaw for week #1. I really do not trust Beanie Wells or think he'll hold up. Tim Hightower will be a TD vulture there too, he seems more talented than Wells and they can't keep him on the bench too much.

You could also move CP from flex to RB and put Braylon Edwards at flex. Without Holmes active for a month into the season, he should get more looks earlier in the season.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #78
12thMan
MVP

Buster, no thoughts on my draft? It is my damn thread.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:40 PM   #79
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
If I had your team, I'd bench Wells and start Bradshaw for week #1. I really do not trust Beanie Wells or think he'll hold up. Tim Hightower will be a TD vulture there too, he seems more talented than Wells and they can't keep him on the bench too much.

You could also move CP from flex to RB and put Braylon Edwards at flex. Without Holmes active for a month into the season, he should get more looks earlier in the season.
I'm leery on Bradshaw until I see what the split is going to look like w/ Jacobs, especially considering the Cardinals will be playing the Rams week 1 and should be ahead early, pounding it to kill clock. I don't trust Beanie either though. Thought about that with Braylon... all in all, good suggestions. Definitely thinking about all of them. Hated going so heavy on the Jets seeing as how I think they're way overrated, but with both Holmes and Edwards in a contract year, one of them should emerge as a decent performer.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:42 PM   #80
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
So it was an interesting night, to say the least, at my first fantansy draft. Couple of things I wanted to point out that explains my picks, which were questionable.

We briefly lost the internet connection and the system made an auto pick for me at RB/Knowshon Moreno. I was so pissed! Our league is also using entire defenses as well IDP. I drafted late in the first.

Offense:

QB Philip Rivers (2/16)
RB Pierre Thomas (1/9)
RB CJ Spiller (3/33)
RB Knowsho Moreno (autopick 5/57) this is also a flex position
TE Chris Cooley (4/40)
WR Braylon Edwards via trade for Robert Mecham (7/81)
WR Santan Moss (6/64)

Defense:

Pittsburgh (8/88)

IDP

Terrell Suggs
DeAngelo Hall
DeMarcus Ware
Dwight Freeney

K - Robbie Gould

Back-ups:

Donovan McNabb
Eddie Royal
Tashard Choice
Brian Westbrooks (19/225)
Shaun Ellis
Adrian Wilson
Definitely need more RB depth. Moreno is not 100% healthy. Choice is in a 3-way RBBC and "Westbrooks" won't be much of an impact for fantasy purposes.

I'd cut your IDP backups for another RB. See if someone like Hightower, Sproles, Donald Brown or another RB who has a vulnerable starter ahead of him, just to bolster your RB depth.

You're solid at QB and RB.

WR looks good. "Santan" Moss, Edwards, Royal are solid...but you need another one on the bench. I'd get another one for that other IDP backup or see if you could trade Choice for a good WR.

I never like carrying more than 1 IDP backup, if any at all. Wasted roster position and there are always good defensive players available if you have to plug someone else in for injury or bye weeks.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:37 AM   #81
tootergray34
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
So it was an interesting night, to say the least, at my first fantansy draft. Couple of things I wanted to point out that explains my picks, which were questionable.

We briefly lost the internet connection and the system made an auto pick for me at RB/Knowshon Moreno. I was so pissed! Our league is also using entire defenses as well IDP. I drafted late in the first.

Offense:

QB Philip Rivers (2/16)
RB Pierre Thomas (1/9)
RB CJ Spiller (3/33)
RB Knowsho Moreno (autopick 5/57) this is also a flex position
TE Chris Cooley (4/40)
WR Braylon Edwards via trade for Robert Mecham (7/81)
WR Santan Moss (6/64)

Defense:

Pittsburgh (8/88)

IDP

Terrell Suggs
DeAngelo Hall
DeMarcus Ware
Dwight Freeney

K - Robbie Gould

Back-ups:

Donovan McNabb
Eddie Royal
Tashard Choice
Brian Westbrooks (19/225)
Shaun Ellis
Adrian Wilson
I think you're toast bro.

why in the world do you have so many D players? you only need 1. I can't believe spiller went in the 3rd...fred jackson will have more fantasy points than he will book it.

don't hate on my team cause i've got too many cowboys on them. romo was the best QB available and i got him in the 5th round. I do have kevin kolb on my benc though, so one of them could be trade bait.

for anybody else, try to get arian foster in the 5th round. he's going to be a beast this year.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:40 PM   #82
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

so my fantasy draft is in less than an hour and we just decided position and I ended up with the #1 overall pick... and I don't feel comfortable with Chris Johnson. I'm strongly considering picking ray rice with my first pick. Am I crazy?
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #83
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootergray34 View Post
I think you're toast bro.

why in the world do you have so many D players? you only need 1. I can't believe spiller went in the 3rd...fred jackson will have more fantasy points than he will book it.

don't hate on my team cause i've got too many cowboys on them. romo was the best QB available and i got him in the 5th round. I do have kevin kolb on my benc though, so one of them could be trade bait.

for anybody else, try to get arian foster in the 5th round. he's going to be a beast this year.
Thanks for the encouraging words.

Actually, the rules for my league required us to have that many IDPs (not just one) as well as an entire defense. But to your point, I do have two too many on my bench.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #84
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Last pick in my 10 person league... snake draft...

do i go 2 RB's? I'm mildly irritated.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:55 PM   #85
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
Last pick in my 10 person league... snake draft...

do i go 2 RB's? I'm mildly irritated.
In fantasy you will regret scraping the bottom of the barrel for Running backs much more then you will looking for receivers in the later rounds. Potential number 1 targets like Malcolm Floyd, Jabar Gaffney, Braylon Edwards, Santana Moss, and Michael Crabtree will all be around while the best running back available will be someone like Donald Brown or Tim Hightower. Heck you can even get Sidney Rice very late in any draft.

Going running backs with back to back picks is a great way to shore up a quality team. On top of that you have QB's like Rivers and Schuab available in round 3. Technically QB's score the most points in fantasy football but the difference between the number 1 QB and the number 10 QB is much less then the difference between the number 1 running back and the number 10 running back.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:11 PM   #86
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

took a risk... went back to back WR's.... here's what i got so far.

Kevin Kolb QB
Ryan Mathews RB
Jamaal Charles RB
Steve Smith (NYG) flex
Andre Johnson WR
Randy Moss WR
Jermichael Finley TE
Steelers D
no kicker yet

back ups

Matt Ryan
Felix Jones
Reggie Bush
Mike Williams WR

not confident at all. sooo...time to start drinking heavily. Kevin Kolb at QB...sweet.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #87
scowan
The Starter

Ok, Week 1 advice (without being a homer) I have to start 2RBs. First is Michael Turner (no brainer there), second is either Matt Forte @ Detroit or Clinton Portis vs Dallas? Why does starting Portis against the Cowboys bother me?
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:20 PM   #88
SOUL-SKINS
Impact Rookie

Fellas,
would like your thoughts on who i should start as my #2 RB. I have Jones Drew as my #1 but i have two rookies...... Spiller and R. Matthews. Spiller just got named the Bills starting RB. I dunno. Both are unknowns but i'm leaning towards Matthews. Anyone have any insight
Old 09-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #89
tootergray34
Impact Rookie

I usually go
1. WR
2. RB
3. WR
4. RB
5. WR
6. QB, usually cutler or someone of those ranks
7. RB got arian foster here...what a steal
rest of the draft I go best available.

I think it's most important to grab that elite WR in the 1st round cause RB's are so plentiful in the NFL, plus how often does one stud play all 16 games? rarely. but WR's usually are go the whole season. Like nobody is arguing the production that a andre johnson gives you or someone in his tier of talent. but the top tier of RB's to me are a lot deeper.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #90
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Check it out

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote