Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Sons of Anarchy Season 7

Parking Lot

Old 11-12-2014, 08:34 PM   #76
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Re: Sons of Anarchy Season 7

The Abel twins are like the worst child actors ever. Jesus, are they painful. Are they that bad in Mad Men? Anyone know?

Abel's a smart kid though, who knew he'd risk self-injury to get Gemma sent away? I feel like Sutter could really make these last few episodes the best of the season. (Last night included)

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-13-2014, 09:34 AM   #77
FRPLG
MVP

They pulled off one of the moves that does get my griping on this show. Every now and then they spend an inordinate amount of time over multiple shows navigating a complex moving-part story line and then they just end it with a sudden out of nowhere plot device. The way they ended the issue with Marks' crew basically came out of nowhere and gave a little short-shrift to how they had built the tension. If it were that easy to bring them down you have to wonder why they didn't do it in the first place.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:35 PM   #78
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

@FRPLG: Yeah that's not the first time they've done that but I will say I'm glad they got that out of the way. It might not be over yet since Marks still gets to post bail but at least they finally got his hit crew out of the way.

I can't wait to see what happens with Jax and Gemma now. I agree with D-rave, I feel like Juice will be imprisoned to a life of being Manson's bitch in prison now. As far as Abel goes, I like that he had his own mini-storyline where he hears Gemma confess then ends up spilling the beans to Jax, but I hope that's the last of his involvement. The more I see of him doing things like hurting himself and acting out of it mentally the less I like it. With all the dysfunction of the house I'm sure he's got a rough life ahead of him but I feel like it's too early for him to carry a large role in this story.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:38 AM   #79
FRPLG
MVP

Yeah I do think they've left Marks alive for one last go around but they gave the whole thing the typical SOA wham bam go away ma'am treatment. Sorta like when all of a sudden all their legal troubles we're gone because Romeo was secretly working for the CIA and made the US attorney drop the case. Unicorn magic!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:41 AM   #80
FRPLG
MVP

You know what I find increasingly hard to accept? Gemma and Nero. Nero seems like an actual good guy trying to do right by people. Gemma is incredibly selfish in a way that is hard to see up close but pretty obvious when you take a step back after a while. Seems Nero would have figured this out by now.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #81
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
You know what I find increasingly hard to accept? Gemma and Nero. Nero seems like an actual good guy trying to do right by people. Gemma is incredibly selfish in a way that is hard to see up close but pretty obvious when you take a step back after a while. Seems Nero would have figured this out by now.
I feel like Gemma will either die next episode or Nero will be forced to reevaluate once Jax tells him about Gemma. No way will he choose to willfully ignore what she did, the signs have been there for a while with the way she was acting. He might end up with her in the end but no way Jax will approve of them riding off into the sunset together.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:11 PM   #82
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I feel like Gemma will either die next episode or Nero will be forced to reevaluate once Jax tells him about Gemma. No way will he choose to willfully ignore what she did, the signs have been there for a while with the way she was acting. He might end up with her in the end but no way Jax will approve of them riding off into the sunset together.
I don't think they'll kill her off so fast. I think they let her live til at LEAST the episode before the finale. I think Nero will leave her completely. Of course being Nero, he's going to try to calm Jax down, but I think Nero's gonna tell Gemma to run. As much as Nero loves her, I don't think he can turn a blind eye to this. Or... he'll do the complete opposite and Nero goes down with her by trying to protect her. Which... Eh. I guess is a possibility.

Also think that since Tully has been getting close to Juice, Jax will have Tully kill him off. Probably by sodomizing him to death or some sick shit. Sutter's crazy like that.

I figure Jax kills Gemma then all of a sudden Marks comes back and kills Jax just when you think he, Wendy and the boys are going to ride off into the sunset.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:49 PM   #83
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Yeah I do think they've left Marks alive for one last go around but they gave the whole thing the typical SOA wham bam go away ma'am treatment. Sorta like when all of a sudden all their legal troubles we're gone because Romeo was secretly working for the CIA and made the US attorney drop the case. Unicorn magic!
At this point nobody should be surprised that Sutter likes to build up plot lines until it's almost unbearable to watch, and then everything is solved in minutes. LOL kinda lame I know, and yeah the end of season 4 and how the whole Romeo/RICO thing wrapped up was definitely weak.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:50 AM   #84
MTK
\m/

The shit has finally hit the fan for Gemma now huh
Old 11-20-2014, 10:06 AM   #85
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Looks like it. I can't help but feel like she will be the only one to survive all this. Jax will be killed because Indian Hills wants mayhem for Jury's death, he will take responsibility for all the bad shit that happened following Tara's murder, Gemma/Nero and the boys will ride off to the ranch to live forever, and Chibs will be voted president of the charter. And Marks will get killed once he gets out on bail.

Of course that's the obvious plan, or probably what Sutter wants us to think. No way there isn't another twist coming before the series is over.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:28 AM   #86
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Well looks like I was partially right; Gemma did live til the 2nd to last episode. In all honesty I was a bit moved by Sutter humanizing her this whole episode... Her deciding not to go on the lam, visiting her father one last time, going back to her childhood home and reliving memories and choosing to be killed in the garden she loved as a child... In spite of all of her cruelty, brutality and pretty much inexcusable ignorance in many cases, she went out like a loving mother; supporting Jax til the end. I was surprised she didn't try to manipulate him not to kill her. It seemed like when Jax started crying, she thought about it, but ultimately had made her peace.

Goodbye Unser, old meddling fool. Terminal cancer couldn't even bring his old tough rawhide ass down. I think that's how he wanted to go though, considering Unser has been loving Gemma for years.

Juicy Juicy Juicy. I couldn't even feel bad he died. A la Otto, I was glad he doesn't have to deal with impromptu prison rape anymore.

Really loved this episode.

P.s. I'm assuming the old by laws Jax was referring to was no blacks in SAMCRO? He did mention to T.O about getting the Grim Bastards into the club...

Old 12-03-2014, 02:30 AM   #87
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Goodbye Unser, old meddling fool. Terminal cancer couldn't even bring his old tough rawhide ass down. I think that's how he wanted to go though, considering Unser has been loving Gemma for years.

Juicy Juicy Juicy. I couldn't even feel bad he died. A la Otto, I was glad he doesn't have to deal with impromptu prison rape anymore.
I want you to write my obituary!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:09 AM   #88
FRPLG
MVP

Damnit Unser damnit.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:20 AM   #89
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Damnit Unser damnit.
To live and die in the friend zone.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:55 AM   #90
MTK
\m/

So there's no way Jax lives right?