Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Parking Lot

Old 06-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #871
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
US sales tell a different story

Amazon.com Best Sellers: Best Video Games
I juts noticed they are calling the $399 PS4 the standard edition which Sony loves to do it is basically like buying a car without wheels. Oh yo uwant to drive it too? then you need the $599 Super Edition.

Advertisements
Old 06-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #872
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I thought this info was useless just a few posts ago? Does comparing a $60 game to a $500 console really say much?

I said being "sold out" was useless unless it had numbers to go along with it. I posted the picture to show that a brand new gaming system is trailing a game set for the PS3. That shouldn't be happening, especially since that game has been open for orders for over 116 days and the gaming system just opened up for sales. Notice that game isn't beating the PS4 in sales.

..but yes, in the end, without numbers, it doesn't give you a good picture of things.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #873
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I juts noticed they are calling the $399 PS4 the standard edition which Sony loves to do it is basically like buying a car without wheels. Oh yo uwant to drive it too? then you need the $599 Super Edition.
For all the shit MS is taking at least they were a little more up front about things.

It feels like Sony took the easy way out in regard to DRM, publishers will still be able to do what they want in that regard. And I'd bet when the PS5 comes out Sony will fall right in line with what MS is doing now. Just like they did with starting to charge for online play.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #874
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I said being "sold out" was useless unless it had numbers to go along with it. I posted the picture to show that a brand new gaming system is trailing a game set for the PS3. That shouldn't be happening, especially since that game has been open for orders for over 116 days and the gaming system just opened up for sales. Notice that game isn't beating the PS4 in sales.

..but yes, in the end, without numbers, it doesn't give you a good picture of things.
Those aren't even the US sales numbers to start with.

Plus, that game is super hyped right now and a surge in sales around the release date shouldn't be a big surprise.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #875
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Microsoft has become the public punching bag from other gaming companies.

Nintendo: If devs are worried about used game sales, they should make better games | Polygon

Ouch.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #876
MTK
\m/

Interesting read

Anonymous Xbox engineer explains DRM and Microsoft's Xbox One intentions
Old 06-14-2013, 02:35 AM   #877
That Guy
Living Legend

well, steam doesn't allow resale of used digital games at all, so i'm not so sure that part of the MS policy is so weird. people love steam, and it has a lot of good games cheap, and a lot of indy games that are worth a look.

requiring a connection is pretty lame though.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #878
over the mountain
Playmaker

i bought mlb 2013 last week .. for like 65 bucks.

the game stop clerk jedi mind tricked me into giving him my number so he can look me up in their system. walking into the store i mentally prepared myself to not give them my info and just be able to buy an over-priced game quickly and easily so i can take it home and really piss of my lady as i play it after my kid goes down every night for the next 2 months instead of hanging out w her and watching some show w anthony bourdain's name on it.

this is how it went

clerk: "you are in luck, this is our 2nd to last one"

me: ........................ (mentally telling myself to refuse to give my number)

clerk: are you a game stop member?

me: ...................................... (mentally telling myself i knew this was going to happen and to not give him my number)

clerk: as a member you save ..... blah blah blah for a good 2 mins

me: you know, i dont really buy many video games so im just gonna pass . . .

clerk: let me get the digits

me: 443-912-#### .... (****! im such a ****ing whimp, i suck balls, how the eff did he do that, who the eff is this guy . .)
Old 06-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #879
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I think the people that are crying wolf about the Xbox One (or the PS4) should probably wait until the console comes out and see how things actually are. If DRM means that games will be 30 bucks instead of 60 bucks, I am completely fine with it. Either way, I will probably keep my old 360 (since it was repaired by Microsoft, I can't sell it back) and play old games there.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:22 AM   #880
JPPT1974
Special Teams

Seems like the PS4 is being so hyped up. What if it later turns out to be a flop. You can't believe the hype at times for products like this.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #881
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Just preordered Xbox One on Amazon. Says it will arrive December 4th. Honestly never would have guessed that it would be my first purchase of the new generation, heck I thought it would be the last one after a new PC and PS4.

It seems like it has a SSD hard drive seeing as how they say it boots up instantly and has very short load times, and though it sucks that it can't be upgraded directly 500 gb is still a good bit of size especially for a gaming machine. Also good that you can plug in an external hard drive for additional storage space.

I hate the once a day check in nanny state, but if it allows me to use game disc only to install the full game onto my hard drive then I can live with it. Actually in that case I kind of prefer it. Could care less though about Kinect.

Will likely get Dead Rising 3, NBA 2K14, Watchdogs, and Assasins Creed Black Flag. Maybe FIFA 14. Also looking forward to Halo 5 which will come out next year.

As for PS4 and a new PC. Well PS4 won't have any exclusives that appeal to me until next year with Infamous Second Son and I can't see which one will be next after that. As for a new PC, I go back and forth but I don't think any GPU I get at this time will be a significant upgrade to the new consoles. Unlike now where you can easily get a GPU that destroys PS3 and 360 for around $100 if not less. Where as if I get one now for $200 I will have one thats only marginally better then the new consoles.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #882
MTK
\m/

I pre-ordered both consoles, still undecided as to which one I'll actually keep. I'm hoping I can maybe sell one and make some extra $$ around Christmas time.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #883
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
I pre-ordered both consoles, still undecided as to which one I'll actually keep. I'm hoping I can maybe sell one and make some extra $$ around Christmas time.
You sold the WP private jet to buy consoles?
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #884
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
You sold the WP private jet to buy consoles?
Still have the jet, just sold off some WP stock.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #885
MTK
\m/

Your Feedback Matters – Update on Xbox One

DRM and online check-in requirement has been dumped