Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 03-05-2021, 05:30 PM   #841
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

I just got an email stating that as soon as the next round of shots are delivered, my group is next. My girlfriend just tested positive a little over 2 weeks ago...she had it pretty bad. I had to quarantine, since i had contact...so i spent 10 days with her. She is high risk, i think, because of some health conditions, so I was pretty worried. After being in close proximity with her for almost 2 weeks, i tested negative. Valentines day was her first day being ill, and tested positive the next day. I was with her the entire time. She just finally started to feel better yesterday, and got her smell and taste back. I hope only the best for anyone who gets it, and has to deal with that type of illness. She couldnt stand up for more than 2 or 3 minutes without her legs getting shaky and feeling like they were going to give out. Really scary shit.

Advertisements
Old 03-06-2021, 03:14 AM   #842
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
I just got an email stating that as soon as the next round of shots are delivered, my group is next. My girlfriend just tested positive a little over 2 weeks ago...she had it pretty bad. I had to quarantine, since i had contact...so i spent 10 days with her. She is high risk, i think, because of some health conditions, so I was pretty worried. After being in close proximity with her for almost 2 weeks, i tested negative. Valentines day was her first day being ill, and tested positive the next day. I was with her the entire time. She just finally started to feel better yesterday, and got her smell and taste back. I hope only the best for anyone who gets it, and has to deal with that type of illness. She couldnt stand up for more than 2 or 3 minutes without her legs getting shaky and feeling like they were going to give out. Really scary shit.
Glad she is doing better!! She definitely went into the scary zone. Crazy that you were in close proximity, and I'm assuming that was in the same dwelling, and you didn't get it.

It's definitely a weird virus. I feel like most people lost their taste and smell (from the people I know have had it, or know people that have had it). I had it and didn't. I'm not in the best shape either, and had no respiratory issues (I had a cough if I moved too much, but as long as I was relaxing, I was fine).

I had every mainstream symptom besides the 2 worst ones (respiratory issues and taste/smell). At this point, I feel lucky for having COVID and "having it easy". In hindsight, the worst part about it was the fear of it getting bad enough to where I had to go to the hospital.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:23 AM   #843
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Glad she is doing better!! She definitely went into the scary zone. Crazy that you were in close proximity, and I'm assuming that was in the same dwelling, and you didn't get it.

It's definitely a weird virus. I feel like most people lost their taste and smell (from the people I know have had it, or know people that have had it). I had it and didn't. I'm not in the best shape either, and had no respiratory issues (I had a cough if I moved too much, but as long as I was relaxing, I was fine).

I had every mainstream symptom besides the 2 worst ones (respiratory issues and taste/smell). At this point, I feel lucky for having COVID and "having it easy". In hindsight, the worst part about it was the fear of it getting bad enough to where I had to go to the hospital.
Yea..thats the total fear. I was more scared watching it happen to her. And I still would have taken it from her if I could. And all the while just waiting for the other shoe to drop and wake up sick myself. I think it rn through my workplace last jan/Feb, and I think most of my coworkers and I got it then...so I chalk this time up to antibodies. But no one really knows how this thing operates. And with new strains that may or may not be resistant to vaccine makes it worrisome. I wasn't too too worried before I saw her get it. It legitimately scared me. We got a pulse oxymeter, and a laser thermometer and just waited it out. She finally goes back to work monday...but fuckin hell...what a shitty road she went down. And not even as bad as others.
I hope you're recovering well. I def know its no fun to go through at all.
Old 03-06-2021, 02:52 PM   #844
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Wife and daughter got their second shots Thursday and almost exactly 12 hours later got the fever and super sore ,as of today both are much better.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:39 AM   #845
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Wife and daughter got their second shots Thursday and almost exactly 12 hours later got the fever and super sore ,as of today both are much better.
Some guys at works wives have gotten it, and they said the same thing. They felt pretty I'll for about 24 hours then snapped right out of it.
Old 03-07-2021, 02:09 PM   #846
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
That seems to be a common theme, I have friends that happened to as well. Guess there's just a short acclimation period of a day or two before all is well.
Old 03-07-2021, 07:13 PM   #847
Schneed10
A Dude

I work at a hospital where we treated a lot of COVID patients so we got the vaccine before most. I hope everyone reading this will get it, no matter which one is offered to you. I was given the Pfizer on Jan 26 and Feb 18. For me, nothing but sore arms both times. For some of my colleagues, sore arm on the first one, felt very tired and achy on the second one. A few were wrecked by both. But every single one of us felt better after 24 hours. No permanent damage or side effects.

Now that my parents have both been vaccinated I’ll be going to see them next weekend. The CDC may be slow to say it, but those who are fully vaccinated can get back to enjoying company with others who are too.

So get the shots when you can. It gets you a bit closer to the end of the tunnel.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:50 PM   #848
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I work at a hospital where we treated a lot of COVID patients so we got the vaccine before most. I hope everyone reading this will get it, no matter which one is offered to you. I was given the Pfizer on Jan 26 and Feb 18. For me, nothing but sore arms both times. For some of my colleagues, sore arm on the first one, felt very tired and achy on the second one. A few were wrecked by both. But every single one of us felt better after 24 hours. No permanent damage or side effects.

Now that my parents have both been vaccinated I’ll be going to see them next weekend. The CDC may be slow to say it, but those who are fully vaccinated can get back to enjoying company with others who are too.

So get the shots when you can. It gets you a bit closer to the end of the tunnel.
Yup ! Be safe!
Old 03-08-2021, 07:41 AM   #849
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Nice, thanks. I signed up for the vaccine 3 weeks ago but I'm definitely not a priority. Was hoping since my gig is essential and we're first-responder adjacent my dept. would step up but that isn't the case, they told us all to sign up through the counties where we live.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:19 AM   #850
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:

I feel that I have antibodies from my last interaction....but I'll still be getting the vaccine as soon as it's available to me. I work at Sam adams brewery in PA, and since it's considered a food production facility, I am up as soon as the next shipments come in here...and while I think I'm safe with my antibodies built up, I thinknthat the more people that get it, the more quickly the world can return to the baseline level of normal it once was.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:53 PM   #851
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

My wife and I got our first one on Saturday and nothing but a sore arm (2.5 out of 10 on the pain scale). We got Pfizer, but it seems like J&J is rolling out like crazy in Central and Southwest VA. We're gonna' get there!
Old 03-18-2021, 08:32 AM   #852
MTK
\m/

Got my first shot lined up for the end of the month. Never been so excited to get a shot before.
Old 03-18-2021, 08:41 AM   #853
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Got my first shot lined up for the end of the month. Never been so excited to get a shot before.
Nice. The county where I live is doing such a great job of vaccine rollout they just announced a FEMA clinic is opening up next week to speed it up since we're lagging behind the other counties.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:28 AM   #854
mredskins
Gamebreaker

First day back in the office after a year. Got say feels pretty good, starting to get back to normal.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:35 AM   #855
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Nice. The county where I live is doing such a great job of vaccine rollout they just announced a FEMA clinic is opening up next week to speed it up since we're lagging behind the other counties.
Stafford County?