The Sam Howell Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-21-2023, 09:29 AM   #841
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I swear sometimes you guys bring up Terry like he’s Art Monk… we need to stop saying “Terry this Terry that” he’s not getting separation, in fact there was a stat I saw yesterday that had him below Dotson even in that category. Terry is a really good WR but he’s not AJ Brown, C Lamb , Etc.

Howell is throwing to him btw, he has more targets this year than last year at this point. Dude just isn’t getting open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You talk about him like Jamf talks about Howell.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-21-2023, 09:45 AM   #842
rocnrik
Playmaker

I had double post .. so I edited this see below

Last edited by rocnrik; 11-21-2023 at 10:03 AM.
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 10:00 AM   #843
rocnrik
Playmaker

I look forward to reading Jamf post about Sam .. it’s all part of the entertainment package !! I can’t wait till after game Thursday .. my prediction is Dallas 56-0 ! I see this going down .. Sam throws 6 picks and has 4 fumbles and gets benched before half … Brissett is brought in and after 2 series he is seen on phone and disappears into the stands .. Logan Thomas finished the game with no passing plays !!
On Monday Sam is waived and is picked up by Texans to back up Stroud !! We pick up Zach Wilson ( he was waived ) and Jamf is happy because we finally got a QB that was drafted high … we are all happy because Jamf is happy !! See I told y’all it would all work out !! Happy thanksgiving
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 10:07 AM   #844
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I look forward to reading Jamf post about Sam .. it’s all part of the entertainment package !! I can’t wait till after game Thursday .. my prediction is Dallas 56-0 ! I see this going down .. Sam throws 6 picks and has 4 fumbles and gets benched before half … Brissett is brought in and after 2 series he is seen on phone and disappears into the stands .. Logan Thomas finished the game with no passing plays !!
On Monday Sam is waived and is picked up by Texans to back up Stroud !! We pick up Zach Wilson ( he was waived ) and Jamf is happy because we finally got a QB that was drafted high … we are all happy because Jamf is happy !! See I told y’all it would all work out !! Happy thanksgiving

punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 10:11 AM   #845
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Jamf would love Zach on the team but not because he was a high draft pick!
Old 11-21-2023, 12:21 PM   #846
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I agree with this and obviously you need to do your due diligence everywhere. However we are in a unique position. We seemingly have a decent starter at quarterback who is playing on the cheap. We also have alot of holes to fill. It isn’t that I am worried about Sam getting tossed to the curb because he isn’t the new regimes pick that bothers me. It is using a first round pick on a quarterback who may or may not be better than the one we got, when clearly there will be Oline, corners, linebackers that are certainly better than what we got.

Listen if there was a quarterback coming out who I thought was an absolute can’t miss Id have to reevaluate my thought process here. But there isn’t. What is comes down to is do you want Sam Howell, and a stud LT or Sam Howell and another rookie quarterback with Jay Leno protecting whoever wins the job?
My assumption in bringing in a new coaching staff and GM is that they will be better at evaluating talent than the current regime. If this is the case, which we better hope it is, then the other holes that this team has can be filled with later round picks and free agency.

I just don't understand why fans insist that the new GM/coach needs to roll with the QB that this current regime picked and dismiss the idea that the new regime is going to want to pick their own QB.

Howell is a nice guy, and so far a decent starter with a lot of flaws. But do people really think that the coaching staff is going to be like, yeah this is the guy we're going to roll with?

Now, is there the chance that a new regime could roll with Howell, yeah probably. I just see it very difficult to happen. Especially with a team that has a history of new coaches being forced to work with a previous regime's QB (Ron with Haskins, Jay with RG3); and let's face it, Ron and company have made pretty terrible personnel moves, and it is likely a new GM and coach are not going to want to bet their jobs on a "decent QB."
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 12:57 PM   #847
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
If Zach mom gets more screen time then I'm all for it!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 01:08 PM   #848
jamf
Pro Bowl

You and your silly arguments.

ME: Howell Sucks
You: Well the first overall pick sucks.

ME: Howell Sucks
You: Well he is the Walmart Good Value brand Tom Brady.

Stop clutching your pearls already. Sam Hamster has been a professional QB for 28 games(12 Starts) and two off-seasons. He is who he is.

Back to more important people, Mrs Wilson!
Old 11-21-2023, 01:10 PM   #849
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Terry went from the Penthouse to the outhouse overnight.
Maybe if we put him at Running back we can get him more receptions.
Old 11-21-2023, 09:00 PM   #850
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Sam Howell definitely makes the pro bowl roster
....he's earned at least that much.
Old 11-21-2023, 09:31 PM   #851
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

You are gonna make Jamf go postal.
Old 11-21-2023, 09:35 PM   #852
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The Sam Howell Thread

Dupe
Old 11-21-2023, 09:39 PM   #853
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post

Stop clutching your pearls already. Slingin Sammy Howell has been a professional QB for 28 games(12 Starts) and two off-seasons with two different OC’s, the worst HC in football, a horrendous oline, a bad run game, a defense that puts him in a hole every week, no home field advantage, and a slightly above average corp of wr’s. Yet somehow is improving and putting up huge numbers.

I like it!
Old 11-22-2023, 07:30 AM   #854
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post

Back to more important people, Mrs Wilson!
Aha , so thats why you hate Sam, he doesn't have a hot (enough) girlfriend
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 11:02 AM   #855
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

Im a Terry fan, have two of his jerseys that I wear. He’s a Great teammate and damn good player but we as fans get too biased with our favorite players. I’m sure all fans do but when you step back and look from a non fan standpoint he’s not Elite. Hes a top 25 WR which is damn good (stats don’t reflect that this year) but body of work for his career does. Terry will never carry an offense though. AJ Brown does, Tyreke Hill does , Ceedee Lamb does etc…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk