Fresh Start Political Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 09-01-2021, 04:56 PM   #811
nonniey
The Starter

Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Abortions are officially banned in Texas as of midnight last night.
6 weeks is a step too far, 18-20 weeks would be reasonable and probably have a good chance of winning in court this 6 week restriction will eventually be overturned.

Frustrating that the most extreme elements on both sides are the ones that actually get their policies implemented on this issue (Vermont is the other extreme).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-01-2021, 05:16 PM   #812
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
6 weeks is a step too far, 18-20 weeks would be reasonable and probably have a good chance of winning in court this 6 week restriction will eventually be overturned.

Frustrating that the most extreme elements on both sides are the ones that actually get their policies implemented on this issue (Vermont is the other extreme).
6 weeks is a total ban.

Plus it encourages citizens to sue other citizens with a bounty of at least 10k ... this is absurd. How does some random person have standing to sue another random person?

Justice Alito sat on this.

The far right are always screaming a D wants to take your guns away. Far left scream a R wants to abolish abortion.

We always "that wont happen, dont worry about some extreme hypothetical used to scare voters" ...

Well it happened.

Having a hard time not thinking bad thoughts about the religious right.

America is not supposed to be a therocracy. Religious political activism is not cool.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 05:34 PM   #813
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
6 weeks is a total ban.

Plus it encourages citizens to sue other citizens with a bounty of at least 10k ... this is absurd. How does some random person have standing to sue another random person?

The far right are always screaming a D wants to take your guns away. Far left scream a R wants to abolish abortion.

We always "that wont happen, dont worry about some extreme hypothetical used to scare voters" ...

Well it happened.

America is not supposed to be a therocracy. Religious political activism is not cool.
I support 18 week but yes I agree - 6 weeks is effectively a total ban.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 06:11 PM   #814
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I am really torn, overall I supported exiting Afghanistan, but at the same point we still have troops in Europe 75 years after WWII. The main difference I guess is that Europe had functioning governments that chose to stay connected not puppet governments. If people in any country choose not to defend themselves and create a stable form of government, then we can't count that cost of exiting as anything but the acceptance that we are not an empire, world police organization, or dictatorship; and we should have left long ago.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I think it was the right decision but bad planning. All of our allies should have been evacuated before a reduced military presence. I have read a lot recently that the Afghan people not really happy with the government the US established and that in and of itself is part of the collapse. I will confess after 9/11 I was more than okay with the decision to go into Afghanistan. As time went on, we killed Bin Laden and still didn't leave I began to question why we were ever there.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 06:12 PM   #815
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
6 weeks is a total ban.

Well it happened.

Not only do random citizens get a $10k reward the accused have to pay their legal fees. There is no reciprocity if you are wrongly accused.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 06:46 PM   #816
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Agree

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 07:36 PM   #817
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Agreed.

The problem is now we have to rely on a SCOTUS with a 6-3 anti-abortion majority to say that this terrible law infringes on a woman's right to abortion.

It's already a red flag they declined to do anything after Monday.

The religious right only cares about babies when they're inside the womb.
Old 09-02-2021, 01:17 AM   #818
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The GOP is a fucking joke. A sick, disgusting, outdated, old, white joke.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 02:44 AM   #819
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Can't believe "conservatives" here are having a discussion about when killing a baby is OK or not OK. Like there is some sort of magic drop-dead date.

Abortions have and always will be targeted towards minorities by the way. So if you are a white liberal who constantly pretends like you are the great white hope for all non-white people, please fucking spare me. Abortions kill way more non-white people, than all other deaths combined, in America every year. And it's promoted by democrats like the future of America depends on aborting babies.

https://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2020...ack-americans/

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 09-02-2021 at 03:22 AM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 05:48 AM   #820
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Can't believe "conservatives" here are having a discussion about when killing a baby is OK or not OK. Like there is some sort of magic drop-dead date.

Abortions have and always will be targeted towards minorities by the way. So if you are a white liberal who constantly pretends like you are the great white hope for all non-white people, please fucking spare me. Abortions kill way more non-white people, than all other deaths combined, in America every year. And it's promoted by democrats like the future of America depends on aborting babies.

https://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2020...ack-americans/
I feel like abortion is a conversation about a woman's right to choose, and you're trying to make into a conversation about minorities (not sure what your exact point is).

You say targeted - how do abortion providers target minorities? I say people have sex and the woman gets pregnant and decides she doesn't want to keep the baby - sure maybe the demographics are tilted towards minorities - but I care about the existing and alive woman's right to choose - not towards a non-sentient fetus.

I wish you cared half as much about the young kids in this country that need help (illegal alien or not) as you do about an embryo in the womb.
Old 09-02-2021, 06:04 AM   #821
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I feel like abortion is a conversation about a woman's right to choose, and you're trying to make into a conversation about minorities (not sure what your exact point is).

You say targeted - how do abortion providers target minorities? I say people have sex and the woman gets pregnant and decides she doesn't want to keep the baby - sure maybe the demographics are tilted towards minorities - but I care about the existing and alive woman's right to choose - not towards a non-sentient fetus.

I wish you cared half as much about the young kids in this country that need help (illegal alien or not) as you do about an embryo in the womb.
I'll respond to the rest tomorrow because it needs lots of words. To the bold part, you have no fucking clue what I care about, so fuck you on that one.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:04 AM   #822
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I'll respond to the rest tomorrow because it needs lots of words. To the bold part, you have no fucking clue what I care about, so fuck you on that one.
I think you summed up your position pretty well.

Abortion - bad.

Sorry it's come to this. I will always prioritize the well-being of an existing woman over an unborn fetus. If you support this shit law that literally encourages and rewards nosy assholes to pry into their neighbor's behavior fuck you too.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/02/supr...rtion-law.html

Why don't we just go ahead and rewrite the constitution so the basis of our republic is intertwined between church and state.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:35 AM   #823
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Abortions are officially banned in Texas as of midnight last night.
shit hole of a state
Old 09-02-2021, 10:16 AM   #824
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
shit hole of a state
Lol, this is a recurring theme. Don't do things I personally agree with = you're a shithole

The importance liberals put on killing babies is so weird.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:32 AM   #825
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I think you summed up your position pretty well.

Abortion - bad.

Sorry it's come to this. I will always prioritize the well-being of an existing woman over an unborn fetus. If you support this shit law that literally encourages and rewards nosy assholes to pry into their neighbor's behavior fuck you too.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/02/supr...rtion-law.html

Why don't we just go ahead and rewrite the constitution so the basis of our republic is intertwined between church and state.
You use the word "religion" and we all know you mean Christian like we're some sort of plague. If you're Christian you can't have an opinion. Godless people are the best, they should make all decisions.

And I didn't say fuck you, I said fuck you on that one, where you presume to know what I care about. Then you double down on speaking for me.

If my opinion is abortion bad, yours is abortion good. I'd much rather be on the side of actual life not some BS like well-being.

And as a note - I don't agree with allowing tattle-tales to make money off of being rats.