Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Debating with the enemy

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #811
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

as for rush limbaughs dumbstuff its fine for you to do it if you feel it adds to your point. I won't decry you as a fat person hater, or weightist. :P

Advertisements
Old 09-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #812
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The poor has no problem with producing an ID to get food stamps and well fair why is it such a problem to vote?
It still provides additional hoops and costs that people have to go through in order to vote. It's a bigger burden on a poor person who might not have transportation to go get all these things or the money to spend on the other credentials just to get a "free" ID. That's the thing, it's not really free. It's like me saying, I'm giving a away a free trip, but you'll need to pay this processing fee of $5,000 to receive it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
If President Obama loses the election...some people are making plans already:

http://i.imgur.com/XQV7D.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/icU6p.jpg
I think those people are trying to be funny, and not really serious.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 09-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #813
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
what are the obstacles as far as drug testing for welfare recipients?
What is this preconceived notion that a good majority of people on welfare are on drugs? Do you understand the lifestyle these people have and exactly how poor they are? Also, it ended up costing the state of Florida MORE money in the long run. Put that in your fiscal pipe and smoke it.

Welfare and food stamps are not our main problem. It accounts for such a small percentage of the budget.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/18/us...s.html?_r=1&hp

Quote:
Because the Florida law requires that applicants who pass the test be reimbursed for the cost, an average of $30, the cost to the state was $118,140. This is more than would have been paid out in benefits to the people who failed the test, Mr. Newton said.

As a result, the testing cost the government an extra $45,780, he said.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 09-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #814
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Poor Mitt. Even his own electors would rather resign than vote for him...lol

GOP elector won't vote for Romney and resigns - Yahoo! News
Old 09-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #815
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Romney thinks middle class is $250,000 and below,does this guy ever think before he speaks?

Mitt Romney says middle-income’ $250k and below - BostonHerald.com

BOSTON — Mitt Romney is promising to reduce taxes on middle-income Americans.
But how does he define "middle-income"? The Republican presidential nominee defined it as income of $200,000 to $250,000 a year.
Romney commented during an interview broadcast Friday on ABC’s "Good Morning America."
Old 09-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #816
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
If President Obama loses the election...some people are making plans already:
(snip images)
I think those people are trying to be funny, and not really serious.
So random people get a pass of "trying to be funny", but a "shock" radio personality doesn't?

Of course, what definition of "funny" applies to either is also debatable, but I don't see how one can excuse either and not the other.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #817
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
So random people get a pass of "trying to be funny", but a "shock" radio personality doesn't?

Of course, what definition of "funny" applies to either is also debatable, but I don't see how one can excuse either and not the other.
Oh, so you think Rush is just a ..."shock" dj,bet ya he doesn't think so and I know his followers don't.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #818
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Oh, so you think Rush is just a ..."shock" dj,bet ya he doesn't think so and I know his followers don't.
And the people who made those tweets do?
Old 09-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #819
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

The best way to stop voter fraud is to stop the manual process and put voting machines into place. This can be run relatively cheaply and it has far better capacity to ensure no votes have been double cast, etc. Enter SSN. Then have queries to check if deceased, felon, etc etc. I'm sure there's a more effective method out there as far as ensuring positive positives, but off the top of my head it's all I can think.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #820
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
And the people who made those tweets do?

huh,do what?
Old 09-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #821
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Who says they are getting a pass? They are just as stupid as Limbaugh, but the difference is they are trying to be funny, Limbaugh is not. Limbaugh says things with racial tones and implications because he knows his base thinks those things.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:04 PM   #822
saden1
MVP

Unbelievable...talk about ignorant and delusional.

-Jenkins
Old 09-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #823
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Romney should just come out and said he thinks black people are poor and want handouts. It's no secret that's who he's talking about in that first video.

It keeps getting better and better for Romney. Elect this asshole and you can guarantee our country is plunged into another war.

SECRET VIDEO: On Israel, Romney Trashes Two-State Solution | Mother Jones

Last edited by NC_Skins; 09-18-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #824
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Where in that video did Romney say he was going after child labor? He was contrasting life in China with life in the US. How stupid can your spin get here?

Romney said we had it made here, compared to situations like the one he talked about in China. Show where Romney said he approved of it, instead of being surprised by it.

And you didn't even get minor details right. 18 to 23 is child labor?

Want to respond to this. You know as well as I do that China has underage kids working in factories. Sure Mitt said the ages of 18-23 in his speech, but did he check all of their ID and documentation? I would bet my life on the fact there are underage workers at that particular factory he was at. Let's talk about the safety factor. Barbed wire fencing? What if the place burnt down? Think Mitt cares? **** no. As long as Mitt's pockets are getting lined, he doesn't care if they hire 13 year old girls and work them until they drop.

The video says more about him providing jobs in China as opposed to the US. Isn't he supposed to be this miracle "job creator" he's trying to boast? Yet, here we see him talking about his factory where his cheap labor force continues to make him bank. Mitt is going to do what's best for him and his cronies. Continue to cut taxes on his wealth class, leave open loop holes, and continue to allow jobs to be shipped overseas. It's what he does, and he's not going to change anytime soon. (if ever)
Old 09-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #825
saden1
MVP

CNN has a break down of those 47% he isn't going to worry about.

I really don't know how this man can be president at this point.

-Jenkins
Closed Thread