The Sam Howell Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-20-2023, 04:24 PM   #811
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
If we can get Caleb Williams I’m down but other than that I’m a fan of SH and think we need to get him help before dumping him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PLEASE NO. Great college player. But if you look at some of the better defenses he's gone up against, he's been overwhelmed. Played poorly. Plays too much off script. It's fine in the Pac 10, won't work in the NFL. Against Notre Dame he was just flat out awful. Plus he cried in mommies arms and paints his nails. Just too many warning signs. I don't think he is mentally tough enough for the NFL.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-20-2023, 04:27 PM   #812
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Sam will be here next year. He has proven he can play and has a ton of value here and will continue to grow. The book on Howell, regardless who is here in the front office and staff, is not closed.

Look around the league, both Arizona and the Giants made recent huge financial commitments to QB and now have their replacement being mocked to them.

What about Justin Fields already being moved on from next year in the draft?

Sam performance has been a major plus this year.
Patience. Any of the guys coming out in 2024 are going to have days like Sam did yesterday.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 04:58 PM   #813
rocnrik
Playmaker

Caleb Williams is highly regarded as the top QB in upcoming draft … his team USC lost 5 games this year .. hmmmm…
So how will he fare on a NFL team that most likely will suck ( worst teams get the higher picks..duh) …
My point to Jamf is simply EVEN the top ranked sure fire number one pick can’t really do but so much without a team around them …
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 05:35 PM   #814
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Sam will be here next year. He has proven he can play and has a ton of value here and will continue to grow. The book on Howell, regardless who is here in the front office and staff, is not closed.

Look around the league, both Arizona and the Giants made recent huge financial commitments to QB and now have their replacement being mocked to them.

What about Justin Fields already being moved on from next year in the draft?

Sam performance has been a major plus this year.
The Cards, Giants, and Bears are three teams who are likely to move on from QBs that were not drafted by the team's current regime.

No one is saying that Sam will be cut by the new regime. I just don't think a new GM is going to come in and say that we are set at QB because of Sam Howell.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 06:04 PM   #815
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The Cards, Giants, and Bears are three teams who are likely to move on from QBs that were not drafted by the team's current regime.

No one is saying that Sam will be cut by the new regime. I just don't think a new GM is going to come in and say that we are set at QB because of Sam Howell.
agreed
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 06:25 PM   #816
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Caleb Williams is highly regarded as the top QB in upcoming draft … his team USC lost 5 games this year .. hmmmm…
So how will he fare on a NFL team that most likely will suck ( worst teams get the higher picks..duh) …
My point to Jamf is simply EVEN the top ranked sure fire number one pick can’t really do but so much without a team around them …

I don’t want to draft a quarterback, and think Caleb is overrated BUT of those 5 losses probably 4 are squarely on their defense. When you are putting up 30,40,50 points and losing the offense has pretty much done whatever it can.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 06:29 PM   #817
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
CJ Stroud would like a word with you.
https://youtu.be/5tJvzf-WOOA?si=ppkaqyxLx2IuVeH5
This is what a franchise QB looks like.

When are we going to see games like this from Sam Hamster?
McLaurin put up 1100yards per season with some shitty QBs. He’s trending towards 950 this years! According to you guys, terry got worse but we got the guy at QB.
Hamster has the arm talent but Heiniki was a much better QB.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 06:33 PM   #818
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

I agree with this and obviously you need to do your due diligence everywhere. However we are in a unique position. We seemingly have a decent starter at quarterback who is playing on the cheap. We also have alot of holes to fill. It isn’t that I am worried about Sam getting tossed to the curb because he isn’t the new regimes pick that bothers me. It is using a first round pick on a quarterback who may or may not be better than the one we got, when clearly there will be Oline, corners, linebackers that are certainly better than what we got.

Listen if there was a quarterback coming out who I thought was an absolute can’t miss Id have to reevaluate my thought process here. But there isn’t. What is comes down to is do you want Sam Howell, and a stud LT or Sam Howell and another rookie quarterback with Jay Leno protecting whoever wins the job?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 06:47 PM   #819
rocnrik
Playmaker

Old 11-20-2023, 06:55 PM   #820
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post

McLaurin put up 1100yards per season with some shitty QBs. He’s trending towards 950 this years! According to you guys, terry got worse but we got the guy at QB.

You're out of your mind,I guess that's why Atlanta is going back to Ridder because Heiney is so good Howell spreads the wealth to a bunch of different receivers
Old 11-20-2023, 06:55 PM   #821
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post

Sam has thrown everyone of those passes in games all year.. to be honest some of Sams passes were more impressive.. now that we know you are in love with Stroud .. just remember if he struggles you are gonna here about it.. oh wait he had 3 int last Sunday 😳😳..
Old 11-20-2023, 07:04 PM   #822
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

If there was a 2023 Player Hater's Ball, Jamf would win the award in a landslide. His hate of Howell is diabolical.

Jamf heading down to the Sam Howell Haters Club meeting:

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 07:05 PM   #823
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

My favorite thing about Howell is how accountable he is. Guys will love playing with him if he's closer to his good games than his bad ones.

'Sam Howell blames himself for loss to the Giants'

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/...to-the-giants/
Old 11-20-2023, 07:19 PM   #824
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Sam has thrown everyone of those passes in games all year.. to be honest some of Sams passes were more impressive.. now that we know you are in love with Stroud .. just remember if he struggles you are gonna here about it.. oh wait he had 3 int last Sunday 😳😳..
he had 3 int yesterday (CJ)
Old 11-20-2023, 07:26 PM   #825
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

C.J. Stroud is looking like a future top 5 QB. It's early. I'm happy for him and the Texans. But Stroud has no bearing on our QB situation. He was picked 2nd overall in a draft we didn't pick close to 2nd overall. So Stroud can be the best QB in the history of the NFL,but doesn't matter for us.

Not moving on with Howell because he's not Stroud is not really a good argument. 90% of the NFL won't have a QB as good as him (assuming this is who he is for his career).