Maye 11 21.57%
Trade down 10 19.61%
Non QB pick 3 5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2024, 11:42 AM   #811
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

do you just roll with EB for a year and see what pops up next year versus settling for a dude that could just be wheel spinning for the next 4 years

Advertisements
Old 01-31-2024, 12:47 PM   #812
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
do you just roll with EB for a year and see what pops up next year versus settling for a dude that could just be wheel spinning for the next 4 years
I shouldn't even need to debate you on this idea. Surely you must know why we shouldn't keep EB. Isn't it bad enough that Mayhew and Hurney are still around?
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 01:10 PM   #813
MTK
\m/

Big changes in the front office weren't likely to happen right away. Front offices have been scouting and putting together intel for a couple months now. Next year is when we may see some changes.
Old 01-31-2024, 01:11 PM   #814
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Do you really want EB getting his paws on a highly routed rookie QB after seeing the way he handled Sam??
Old 01-31-2024, 01:14 PM   #815
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Do you really want EB getting his paws on a highly routed rookie QB after seeing the way he handled Sam??
EB was a disaster for a young QB... Mahomes was the exception because he's literally a top 5 QB ever already. The odds of us landing a guy like that are like winning the lotto... Drake Maye, JD , Caleb , will all have to develop quickly
Old 01-31-2024, 01:19 PM   #816
njant
Special Teams

mike macdonald working on deal with seattle to be there head coach ,
njant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 01:22 PM   #817
njant
Special Teams

so now what quinn ,weaver ?hell no to EB
njant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 10:00 PM   #818
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 11:30 PM   #819
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Report: Bo Nix's NFL Draft Stock Is Taking A Hit At Senior Bowl (not surprising imo):

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...6e48d093&ei=12
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 05:54 AM   #820
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I agree. I think the big 3 are coming off the board with the first 3 picks BUT he could fall if the Bears stick with Fields, and Tennessee and Arizona don’t go quarterback? We could conceivably trade back with the Titans at 7 and get Daniels? I can’t wait for this draft with actual adults who know football. Giddy about it actually.
I'm not willing to take that gamble. When you are in the position to take a QB at 2 you pull the trigger. No guarantee what so ever that Daniels will be there in a trade back. Then what? Hope to trade up in a worse QB draft next season after trotting out some cast off QB and writing off 2024? Who know where they will be picking next year, it could cost what you got in the trade back. And for what? To lose a year and possible settle for a worse QB prospect?

No I believe they will stay at 2 and take whichever QB they like the best. And I'm fine with that.
Darrell Green Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 08:16 AM   #821
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Report: Bo Nix's NFL Draft Stock Is Taking A Hit At Senior Bowl (not surprising imo):

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...6e48d093&ei=12
He's the same Nix that was bad in the SEC... He was good in Oregon because the PAC12 Plays zero defense...
Old 02-01-2024, 10:35 AM   #822
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
I'm not willing to take that gamble. When you are in the position to take a QB at 2 you pull the trigger. No guarantee what so ever that Daniels will be there in a trade back. Then what? Hope to trade up in a worse QB draft next season after trotting out some cast off QB and writing off 2024? Who know where they will be picking next year, it could cost what you got in the trade back. And for what? To lose a year and possible settle for a worse QB prospect?

No I believe they will stay at 2 and take whichever QB they like the best. And I'm fine with that.

Well they don’t just “hope” someone will still be there. They will communicate with any other team between 2 and 7 that might need a quarterback. I hear what you are saying, but it isn’t exactly blind faith.

Just pointing out that landing your quarterback and picking up major draft capital is better than just landing your quarterback. Also that with Ron gone and Peters here there is a chance that we can accomplish such things.
Old 02-01-2024, 12:01 PM   #823
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams

Quote:
Well they don’t just “hope” someone will still be there. They will communicate with any other team between 2 and 7 that might need a quarterback. I hear what you are saying, but it isn’t exactly blind faith.

Just pointing out that landing your quarterback and picking up major draft capital is better than just landing your quarterback. Also that with Ron gone and Peters here there is a chance that we can accomplish such things.
But it's not just the teams picking 2-7. Any number of teams could trade with one of those teams and jump ahead of the Commanders. No I firmly believe when you have a chance like this you pull the trigger and don't mess around. And I believe that's exactly what they will do, especially if they really like Maye more than Daniels which is entirely possible.
Darrell Green Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 04:10 PM   #824
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
But it's not just the teams picking 2-7. Any number of teams could trade with one of those teams and jump ahead of the Commanders. No I firmly believe when you have a chance like this you pull the trigger and don't mess around. And I believe that's exactly what they will do, especially if they really like Maye more than Daniels which is entirely possible.

No. Nobody can trade with teams picking 2-7 and jump ahead of us. We pick second. The only team anyone can trade with to move ahead of us is Chicago. If some team trades with Chicago to jump ahead of us there is nothing we can do about that.

That isn’t the scenario I am talking about though. What I am saying is that if we are on the clock, and we want Daniels or Maye or whoever than you work those phones. You try and trade back to a spot where you can still get the guy and gain major picks also. It isn’t based on a gamble it is based on intel and some other team that wants say Harrison Jr at 2.
Old 02-01-2024, 04:42 PM   #825
davy
Impact Rookie

Quote:
No. Nobody can trade with teams picking 2-7 and jump ahead of us. We pick second. The only team anyone can trade with to move ahead of us is Chicago. If some team trades with Chicago to jump ahead of us there is nothing we can do about that.

That isn’t the scenario I am talking about though. What I am saying is that if we are on the clock, and we want Daniels or Maye or whoever than you work those phones. You try and trade back to a spot where you can still get the guy and gain major picks also. It isn’t based on a gamble it is based on intel and some other team that wants say Harrison Jr at 2.
I think you missed his point there, punch.
What he means is if you trade back to 7 what's to stop someone below that trading up to 3-6 to pinch your QB?