What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 03-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #796
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
A walmart is located by my work, civilization just goes there to die.
Last fall I went to the Walmart in Columbia for the first time to get some cheap food/last minute gear for a camping trip and I seriously thought I was going to get knifed. I considered grabbing a baseball bat from the sporting goods section just to protect myself.
The weird thing is, I go to the Target that's basically right across the street all the time and it's fine.

Advertisements
Old 03-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #797
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
The weird thing is, I go to the Target that's basically right across the street all the time and it's fine.
Yeah, but the people from the Walmart across the street feel like they are going to get stabbed etc when they go to your Target.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #798
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
This is why I don't attend many live events unless I'm supporting a local band. **** the music industry.
if music concerts were cheaper I would easily see more shows. I wanted to check out a relatively small band called Lotus, it was $30 just to get in the door. $30 on a concert ticket is just the starting price. Drinkings, parking, gas(sad to include this now) and maybe a meal before the show...doubles the expense. Concert events are just way too expensive these days. Ill also travel sometime to see a concert because Richmond just cant attract big artists. Overnite stays not cheap these days.

Beers inside a venue is bullshit. I try to hit up Merrieweather Post Pavillion once a summer for a show, last year it was like $10 for a borderline decent dark beer.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #799
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Last fall I went to the Walmart in Columbia for the first time to get some cheap food/last minute gear for a camping trip and I seriously thought I was going to get knifed. I considered grabbing a baseball bat from the sporting goods section just to protect myself.
Agreed. I don't know what it is about people and Wal-Marts. I avoid that place like the PLAGUE if I can. My wife will say something like, "This is the only place we can get _________." I just tell her that she can go alone.

If it's not for the people, it's the crowds. It's like all courtesy and common sense go out the door at that place. I go to Target, no problem. Wal-Mart is like you let a couple thousand people in there and just told them to act like freaking animals. I've been walking down the long aisle and someone came out of one of the side ones with smashed my cart and acted like they wanted to fight.

HATE that place.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #800
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
My mom lives in Columbia so I frequent the area, I hate the Walmart. I mean getting into the parking lot is just a bitch itself. The Target is really nice, I hadn't been there in awhile and they moved everything around. I mean how does that happen though? Target is nice while Walmart is shitty?

Granted though, I live near the Target at PG Plaza and between the college kids (University of Maryland), and being located smack dab outside of a lower income area (Langley Park, Hyattsville), that place is a STY. Parking is a cruel test of patience and sanity, between the thugs meandering the street and not getting out of the middle of the street and people willing to run you over, regardless of if you're in your car or not, to get the parking place closest to the entrance. The store itself is usually a hole. I've always said I've felt bad for anyone working there. But then again a lot of the workers themselves aren't even that pleasant.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #801
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

This doesn't really grind my gears that much but I like the song "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers, but I don't like how he says I know I know I know about 26 consecutive times at the start.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #802
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This doesn't really grind my gears that much but I like the song "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers, but I don't like how he says I know I know I know about 26 consecutive times at the start.
I know.

.. what you mean.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #803
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Yeah that Walmart is pretty sketchy. I used to go there only to get dog food, b/c it was cheaper there. But ever since I had to change my dog's food for medical reasons, I don't go there anymore.

I like the Target a lot, it is also very close to my house.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #804
los panda
Pro Bowl

funny how many people know that walmart and the target across 175. what about when it was a kmart?
Old 03-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #805
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Yeah that Walmart is pretty sketchy. I used to go there only to get dog food, b/c it was cheaper there. But ever since I had to change my dog's food for medical reasons, I don't go there anymore.

I like the Target a lot, it is also very close to my house.
It's no shocker that your local Walmart attracts a lot of undesirables, because they intentionally try to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Target is like a high end Walmart, people actually have expectations when they go in there, like a clean store, helpful customer service, etc. The only thing they don't expect to find in Target is lower prices than Walmart.

My local Walmart/Target are the same way, I still shop at Walmart moreso than Target but that's because my income level dictates where I shop. I did work at Target for 10 months a couple years ago so I'm familiar with the expectations they have there.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #806
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
funny how many people know that walmart and the target across 175. what about when it was a kmart?
How long ago was that? I've been living in Columbia since 2005.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:22 PM   #807
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
My local Kmart is disgusting. The store is always dirty and understaffed, and the prices are just as high as Target's. It's like combining the worst of Target and Walmart into one big crappy retail store. Hence why I never shop there.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #808
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I know.

.. what you mean.
I don't understand? Could you repeat yourself, about 26-ish times? Thanks.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #809
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
How long ago was that? I've been living in Columbia since 2005.
a very long time ago, i was born in columbia. it was there in the 90's, not sure when it ceased to exist
Old 03-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #810
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It's no shocker that your local Walmart attracts a lot of undesirables, because they intentionally try to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Target is like a high end Walmart, people actually have expectations when they go in there, like a clean store, helpful customer service, etc. The only thing they don't expect to find in Target is lower prices than Walmart.

My local Walmart/Target are the same way, I still shop at Walmart moreso than Target but that's because my income level dictates where I shop. I did work at Target for 10 months a couple years ago so I'm familiar with the expectations they have there.
i dont know if that is they're specific marketing strategy, appealing to society's undesirables. They wouldnt be in business long.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote