Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The Sam Howell Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-20-2023, 11:19 AM   #796
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The Sam Howell Thread

One thing is pivotal with the new regime coming in to this organization, don’t be like last time where Ron was told to keep Haskins and give him another year…that screwed us big time.

The new regime must get their QB. If they don’t want Sam that’s fine, pick another QB with what I expect to be around pick 6-10 first round. Move up aggressively to get their person.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-20-2023, 11:20 AM   #797
MTK
\m/

Flat out bad game by Sam no doubt. Occasional stinkers are to be expected by a young QB. EB has to share some blame too, he got totally out-coached twice by Wink Martindale.
Old 11-20-2023, 11:22 AM   #798
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Flat out bad game by Sam no doubt. Occasional stinkers are to be expected by a young QB. EB has to share some blame too, he got totally out-coached twice by Wink Martindale.
They shut our WRs down meanwhile our sorry ass corners let their no name WRs carve us up.. It literally makes no sense
Old 11-20-2023, 11:38 AM   #799
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
You got see Sam's body of work over a whole season then make a decision.

He is so on the cheap to us considering his draft position I wouldn't get rid of him but if there is someone in the coming draft that the new regime likes you don't pass on him; draft him and he and SH battle it out.

I still think we have a strong starter in SH that if you put some nice pieces around him he could flourish.

At this point I say his ceiling is Kirk level, I don't think he will ever reach the Rogers level of QB play. BUT again he is a guy you could build around.
100% this. I don't want any handcuffs placed on the new GM and scouting department. If there is a QB they like and that's who they want, pick him!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 01:18 PM   #800
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
You got see Sam's body of work over a whole season then make a decision.

He is so on the cheap to us considering his draft position I wouldn't get rid of him but if there is someone in the coming draft that the new regime likes you don't pass on him; draft him and he and SH battle it out.

I still think we have a strong starter in SH that if you put some nice pieces around him he could flourish.

At this point I say his ceiling is Kirk level, I don't think he will ever reach the Rogers level of QB play. BUT again he is a guy you could build around.

Yeah you could draft a guy and let them battle it out. Problem is Ron has left so many holes on this team that we don’t exactly have the luxury of ignoring oline, secondary, linebackers, etc in the first couple rounds.

I’ve seen enough from Sam that imo he has earned another year but with an actual Oline, and HC. Probably a stud wr also.

I really think oline is the problem on offense. There is no time for the deep game to open up. It certainly looks that way. Im thinking Dotson is a bust and Terry is second tier, but you cant create separation in two seconds.

If it were up to me id roll with Sam and get him an oline. On defense secondary secondary and more secondary. Grab a wr and a te somewhere. Luckily we have the cap space and picks to fix alot of the problems
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 01:30 PM   #801
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
One thing is pivotal with the new regime coming in to this organization, don’t be like last time where Ron was told to keep Haskins and give him another year…that screwed us big time.

The new regime must get their QB. If they don’t want Sam that’s fine, pick another QB with what I expect to be around pick 6-10 first round. Move up aggressively to get their person.
Don't forget that Jay was forced to keep RG3 as well.

I think the GM's priority should be to draft a QB. I think we have enough cap room and mid-to-lower picks to address other needs.

What is imperative is for Harris to hire a GM. I honestly don't care when Ron and company get fired. We need a GM to take over now and get ready for the draft.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 01:44 PM   #802
MTK
\m/

We could be looking at a top 5 pick, as of today we'd pick 7th I believe.

With our extra draft picks we could definitely move and shake our way up higher for a QB if the new decision makers don't feel SH is the guy.

QB at all cost.
Old 11-20-2023, 01:50 PM   #803
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

With our extra draft picks we could definitely move and shake our way up higher for a QB if the new decision makers don't feel SH is the guy.

QB at all cost.
Right now, the teams ahead of us would be the Titans, G-men, Chicago, New England, and Arizona. Aside from maybe the Titans, all of those teams could be drafting a QB.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 01:54 PM   #804
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Right now, the teams ahead of us would be the Titans, G-men, Chicago, New England, and Arizona. Aside from maybe the Titans, all of those teams could be drafting a QB.
Safe to say anyone in the top 5 with this strong QB class is going to be looking to draft one.
Old 11-20-2023, 02:00 PM   #805
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
its so like us to beat new england to screw ourselves in the draft
Old 11-20-2023, 02:17 PM   #806
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Sam will be here next year. He has proven he can play and has a ton of value here and will continue to grow. The book on Howell, regardless who is here in the front office and staff, is not closed.

Look around the league, both Arizona and the Giants made recent huge financial commitments to QB and now have their replacement being mocked to them.

What about Justin Fields already being moved on from next year in the draft?

Sam performance has been a major plus this year.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 02:58 PM   #807
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

I agree totally with this. I like Sam, but there could definitely be a better QB in this draft, and as we all know in this league...it's ALL about your QB. Pretty much all other positions you can put a band aid on to work for a while, but not QB.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 03:05 PM   #808
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:

QB at all cost.

I watched Maye and Williams this weekend. They did not look like sure things. At all.

Nothing is a sure thing but they didn’t look like id take them over a LT to protect the quarterback we got now.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 03:06 PM   #809
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If we can get Caleb Williams I’m down but other than that I’m a fan of SH and think we need to get him help before dumping him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2023, 04:17 PM   #810
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I thought EB was fine yesterday. He ran the ball. He was giving Leno some help. Our guys just aren't good enough.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote