Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Our next coach??

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #781
FRPLG
MVP

Re: Our next coach??

What happened to the love affair with Jason Garrett? How quickly Jerah forgets.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-16-2009, 03:07 PM   #782
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
What happened to the love affair with Jason Garrett? How quickly Jerah forgets.
Maybe we'll take Jason Garrett?

Seriously though, Garrett's star has fallen but if Shanahan isn't the guy in Dallas it wouldn't surprise me if Garrett is. And if Shanahan is, Garrett I'm sure will be a head coach somewhere else in 2010.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:16 PM   #783
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I really hope Shanahan doesn't come here. How many defensive coordinators did he go through in Denver? How is it that he leaves, Cutler is right behind him, in comes some punk kid who only has a job cause of Tom Brady, he brings in Kyle Orton who stinks, also brings in Mr. Vanilla Ice Cream and they're most likely going to make the playoffs with an improved defense. Now how does that happen? Shanahan will fit in well here cause he's always going to go for the quick fix free agents just like he did in Denver. And in the end that's what got him fired.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #784
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Maybe we'll take Jason Garrett?

Seriously though, Garrett's star has fallen but if Shanahan isn't the guy in Dallas it wouldn't surprise me if Garrett is. And if Shanahan is, Garrett I'm sure will be a head coach somewhere else in 2010.
im not sure about that. he was red hot about 2 years ago. his play calling is VERY questionable
Old 12-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #785
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
im not sure about that. he was red hot about 2 years ago. his play calling is VERY questionable
I agree with you there. I could see him getting promoted in Dallas if Jones wants to be cheap - he couldnt be any worse than Phillips - but I don't see him getting serious consideration anywhere else. If i'm not mistaken, the guy wasnt even interviewed for any of the HC vacancies in the last offseason. Additionally, if he were really "all that," Parcells would have hired him instead of Sparano in Miami.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:36 PM   #786
12thMan
MVP

Looks like Adam S. thinks Shanny is leaning away from the Boys and maybe towards the Skins.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #787
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Looks like Adam S. thinks Shanny is leaning away from the Boys and maybe towards the Skins.
Really? Well you won't find a better source than him on Shanahan.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #788
Bigreds77
Special Teams

I hope things workout these last three games & Zorn stays. Knocking the Blowboys out of the playoffs would be great.
Bigreds77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:34 AM   #789
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigreds77 View Post
I hope things workout these last three games & Zorn stays. Knocking the Blowboys out of the playoffs would be great.
.....OMFG.....

For once I have to agree with B-Bitch. If Zorn is all that good then why did we bring in Sherm Lewis and if Zorn is the master behind the last few games we have won then why are we keeping Sherm Lewis on the roster and most likely paying him a good salary?

We absolutely sucked with Zorn actually leading this team. Zorn totally believed that his system was not the problem nor his play calling. A good HC has to realize when something is not working and fix or change things. During Gibbs1 his first year he started out 0-5, he admits he had to take a look at his system and change it to work for his players he had on the team. He was inovative in many ways but one was the single back system. After Gibbs1 altered his system the team ended 8-8. The following year Gibbs1 actually got better and went 9-7 or better. This is the complete opposite with Zorn. His system does not have flaws, his play calling does not have flaws, basically it's completely the players fault with their execution. It took Sherm Lewis to come in and tweek what we had in order to get us to finally scoring over 20 points a game. The last two we have scored over 30 points a game.

B-Bitch commented on the fact people are saying that finally the players have bought into Zorn's system and finally the OL is starting to gel after 2 years in the system.....guess what Levi Jones has not been in the system very long, Dockery has not been in the system very long, the RG has not been in the system very long. The only one who has is Heyer at RT.

It's not rocket science to know Sherm Lewis is the key to what we are doing great at this point. Also keep in mind Lewis was actually in San Fran coaching under Walsh so he knows the system first hand like Holmgren and Shanahan. Zorn can't say that. B-Bitch also pointed out that during the last few games we are finally seeing a true WCO. Usually the RB only gets maybe 10-15 carries a game according to him, but Zorn was trying to be balanced and give Portis 25-40 carries a game. Clearly Zorn is not HCing material.

I can understand if you are saying "hey lets cut Zorn and make Sherm Lewis our HC", but I didn't get that from your statement and I personally do not want to keep status quo with Zorn. He has no clue what he's doing other then to coach the QB's.

Having said all that I betting back in OCT when DS went to Denver and Shanahan refused to take over during the season that an agreement was made that he would take over at the season's end. The team keeps making crazy moves ...ie; bringing back Alridge to the PS which makes me wonder if some of these moves are being made cause Shanahan has asked them to make them. Especially the whole DS and VC scouting out certain QB's.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:10 AM   #790
skins89moss
Playmaker

The problem if we do bring in a another coach for next season is the team will have to learn a new system on offense and defense. Is our new coach already on the staff we have here now? I think Zorn is gone but what about hiring our coach from the defense staff such as Greg Blache or Sherm Lewis the OC? I like Greg Blache because he knows our defense so they would only get better and he couls allow Jerry Gray to be the DC. Greg Blache is Old School like Gregg Williams and takes no BS. I also believes he and DS have a good working relationship. We then could keep Sherman Lewis as our OC which would keep the offense system simular to what they run now. I'm sure it would be tweaked by Lewis and if JC stays he would not have to learn another offense system again. I dont want to bring in another coach to have to start all over again and this means our defense would change as well. I think Greg Blache deserves a shot considering Zorn was never a coordinator in the NFL and he got hired. That's just my opinion as of now. As the season ends I want to see what coaching candiates they want to interview. If we went outside our staff i like Gruden and he is not coaching next season.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:19 PM   #791
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

With Allen here this could be interesting I could see Chucky, Shannahan or Russ Grimm
Old 12-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #792
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

Hey, I didn't like Marty while he was here, but I'll take him any day over what we have now. I don't know why Zorn was such a huge failure here, and I tend to blame it all on Portis and Cerrato. With a decent O-line at the beginning of the season we might not even be talking about replacing anybody. For awhile I blamed Buges, but now that the O-line is performing better I thought we might be stuck with Vinny for next season. I'm glad Allen is taking over. As for Portis, he's toast...He talked his way out of his job...Plus he's washed up anyway!
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote