What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 03-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #781
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I bought 2 tickets to a concert the face value of the actual ticket to the show is $56.00 apiece so $112.00 for the pair. Ok, im good with that, the advertised price. Ok so there is now a $8.00 charge called a "facility charge", ok gears are starting to turn...facility charge? Thats not parking, ill pay that the day of the show. Now there is a "convenience charge" of $20.20...gears fully grinding...whats the convenience? U f*cking found a another way to charge me something? WTF!!! And at the end there is a $3.55 "order processing charge". Are f*cking with me? So the $56.00 ticket is actually a $71.87 excluding tax. And the industry complains that tour attendance is down...really?
Yeah I hear that. I try to buy concert tickets through CL if I can find a good deal, usually by the day of the show people will take anything to get rid of a ticket but you're gambling bigtime that way, because sometimes there are no tickets left on sites like CL. But I hear you on all those bs charges they add on, it is ridiculous.

Advertisements
Old 03-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #782
los panda
Pro Bowl

if it was springsteen it was worth it. i got mad when i had to pay $15 to see buck 65
Old 03-24-2012, 11:31 PM   #783
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
LOL!

That really made me laugh.

I can see firtsdown backed into a parking spot with his dick hanging out! LOL!
You can see fd's dick?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #784
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
that reminds me of something that grinds my gears, people who pull headfirst into a spot, the spot in front of them is vacant but they don't pull forward to take it, eliminating any need for reverse at all. do you ever see people do that? i'm all about the pull through bonus. i only back into spots anymore when i really have to due to poor a poor angle
See, I get super pissed if it's a busy parking lot and you can't see what's going on in the other aisle and I'm like, "AWESOME. Free spot!" and then some jerk-off pulls through and I'm half-way in the spot and they're just staring at me like, "Move."

Don't get me wrong, I definitely do the pull-through if I'm 100% sure that I can see and make sure no one else might want that spot. I've only had to get out of my car to yell at people maybe three times ever and two of those times came from a busy parking lot and people pulling through when I've already started into the spot and they just put it in park and got out.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #785
DFlo

Monday mornings
DFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #786
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

costco and walmart...i go to costco for the pharmacy for my dog's anti sezure meds...who the f*ck needs 50 frozen burritos? Wouldnt you get tired after 2 of those? A walmart is located by my work, civilization just goes there to die.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #787
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
A walmart is located by my work, civilization just goes there to die.
when i was out here in 2011, before i moved, i was witness to a man smoking a cigarette in walmart. nobody else seemed to notice let alone care
Old 03-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #788
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

They're building the first Walmart in DC a block and a half from where I live.

Torn between feelings of pure joy and utter disgust.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #789
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
costco and walmart...i go to costco for the pharmacy for my dog's anti sezure meds...who the f*ck needs 50 frozen burritos? Wouldnt you get tired after 2 of those? A walmart is located by my work, civilization just goes there to die.
My dad has a Costco membership, and it's very useful. I have a card there as well, and I use it fairly often. I bought a pair of new glasses there that were very cheap, and before I switched to a Brita water pitcher I used to buy bottled water there, along with paper towels, toilet paper, garbage bags, fiber bars, the one-a-day i take with breakfast, occasionally bulk gatorade g2 (I drink mostly low-cal gatorade and water, depending on the mood/situation), and they also have good deals on other things depending on what you're looking for. The only thing I don't like about them is I can't use my card from Navy Fed there so I have to withdraw cash before I go.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #790
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
The only thing I don't like about them is I can't use my card from Navy Fed there so I have to withdraw cash before I go.
i heard about that but i didn't know if it was true, why is that? i'm assuming your navy fed card is a visa
Old 03-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #791
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Costco only accepts American Express. But I've used my Visa debit card there before...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #792
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
i heard about that but i didn't know if it was true, why is that? i'm assuming your navy fed card is a visa
No, I haven't had time to look up the difference or switch but I have what Costco calls in laments terms "the red" check card, and Costco only accepts the Navy Federal CUCARD. I've been meaning to read up on the differences and eventually I'll probably switch to the CUCARD, but for now I'm making do.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #793
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
A walmart is located by my work, civilization just goes there to die.
Whenever Bloomingdale's holds their semi-annual sale and poor people are allowed in I feel that somewhere an angel is is being gang-raped by Ooompa-Loompah's.

RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #794
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I bought 2 tickets to a concert the face value of the actual ticket to the show is $56.00 apiece so $112.00 for the pair. Ok, im good with that, the advertised price. Ok so there is now a $8.00 charge called a "facility charge", ok gears are starting to turn...facility charge? Thats not parking, ill pay that the day of the show. Now there is a "convenience charge" of $20.20...gears fully grinding...whats the convenience? U f*cking found a another way to charge me something? WTF!!! And at the end there is a $3.55 "order processing charge". Are f*cking with me? So the $56.00 ticket is actually a $71.87 excluding tax. And the industry complains that tour attendance is down...really?
This is why I don't attend many live events unless I'm supporting a local band. **** the music industry.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #795
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
They're building the first Walmart in DC a block and a half from where I live.

Torn between feelings of pure joy and utter disgust.
I always tell people. If you want a self-esteem booster, roll up into Walmart. You'll walk out feeling like a million bucks. :cool-smil
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote