Debating with the enemy

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #766
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
This is old but still amazing ...........

Advertisements
Old 03-07-2014, 07:05 PM   #767
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Please post proof of the existence of god.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:10 PM   #768
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
"By some definitions".

So he's agnostic, so what? That's a delightful fence-sitting position for an intelligent person. I'm honored that he recognizes I know more than he does.

I'd like people to be intellectually honest and accept that the likelihood of a deity is slim to none. They may WANT it to be true, but their desperation is not a deciding factor.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:21 AM   #769
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post

Old 03-08-2014, 04:37 AM   #770
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Please post a pic of yourself as I have done

wow.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:40 AM   #771
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

I did find that picture of you at your eight grade graduation. Good look for you , really .

Old 03-08-2014, 05:59 AM   #772
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
I did find that picture of you at your eight grade graduation. Good look for you , really .
G1, you keep posting slogans about people throwing insults, yet you keep making posts like this?

I guess you can go back to posting pics of Marines, or something else noble now.

HTTR and have a nice weekend.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:03 PM   #773
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Paul Dirac:

I cannot understand why we idle discussing religion. If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality. The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination. It is quite understandable why primitive people, who were so much more exposed to the overpowering forces of nature than we are today, should have personified these forces in fear and trembling. But nowadays, when we understand so many natural processes, we have no need for such solutions. I can't for the life of me see how the postulate of an Almighty God helps us in any way. What I do see is that this assumption leads to such unproductive questions as why God allows so much misery and injustice, the exploitation of the poor by the rich and all the other horrors He might have prevented. If religion is still being taught, it is by no means because its ideas still convince us, but simply because some of us want to keep the lower classes quiet. Quiet people are much easier to govern than clamorous and dissatisfied ones. They are also much easier to exploit. Religion is a kind of opium that allows a nation to lull itself into wishful dreams and so forget the injustices that are being perpetrated against the people. Hence the close alliance between those two great political forces, the State and the Church. Both need the illusion that a kindly God rewards—in heaven if not on earth—all those who have not risen up against injustice, who have done their duty quietly and uncomplainingly. That is precisely why the honest assertion that God is a mere product of the human imagination is branded as the worst of all mortal sins.

A much better quote than one taken out of context. Thanks for playing.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:45 PM   #774
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
G1, you keep posting slogans about people throwing insults, yet you keep making posts like this?
Kinda give what you get thing .So you have a problem with Marines ,what offends you about that ?
Old 03-08-2014, 03:46 PM   #775
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Nice try , wouldn't be caught dead with a cat .
Old 03-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #776
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Cats have standards you couldn't meet. See you more of a possum owner.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2014, 04:26 PM   #777
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Cats have standards you couldn't meet. See you more of a possum owner.

No , that would be NC skin .I prefer man's best friend !

Old 03-08-2014, 04:29 PM   #778
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Cats have standards

Cats and their owners deserve each other .
Old 03-08-2014, 11:29 PM   #779
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Kinda give what you get thing .So you have a problem with Marines ,what offends you about that ?
What the hell? Where do you get off even suggesting *I* have a problem with the Marines?

You, G1, on the other hand, have a problem trying to hide behind honorable causes like theirs, posting those for a short time in between your idiocy on other topics being exposed. (That was obviously another point of mine earlier that went right over your head.)

"Give what you get", LOL. It appears you haven't noticed this either: Many people here have trashed your ideas, not you personally. Lies, fear mongering, and insults are all you've had left for awhile now OT. And those tactics aren't appropriate responses to your precious ideas getting exposed as bunk here.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:31 PM   #780
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Quote:

Well, I see you've finally found an opponent you can debate down at your own level.
Closed Thread