Our next coach??

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-14-2009, 01:34 PM   #751
redsk1
The Starter

Re: Our next coach??

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Honestly I'm so sick of all the damn change around here. I bought this up in another thread but how in the hell are we ever going to compete against the teams in the division when we're always changing coaches?
Agreed, but we made a bad hire w/ Zorn in part b/c our organization is too screwed up and the fact that many don't want to work w/ VC.

I'm warming up to the current coaching staff, including Zorn. I'm not warming up to VC though and he's gotta go. He's gotta go no matter what the implications are for Zorn and Co. New GM means new coaching and i'm ok w/ that.

If VC is kept in his current role, i'm for Zorn staying.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #752
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Agreed, but we made a bad hire w/ Zorn in part b/c our organization is too screwed up and the fact that many don't want to work w/ VC.

I'm warming up to the current coaching staff, including Zorn. I'm not warming up to VC though and he's gotta go. He's gotta go no matter what the implications are for Zorn and Co. New GM means new coaching and i'm ok w/ that.

If VC is kept in his current role, i'm for Zorn staying.
Did two people write this post? You seemed to conflict yourself a couple of times there
Old 12-14-2009, 01:38 PM   #753
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I just can't live with status quo unless we were an above 500 team.

If there is no CBA/CAP does that mean this year is the year when teams will not have to worry about a draft? Basically teams could talk to all the college kids and the kid gets to decide who he would want to play for vs. getting picked like a draft?

I ask cause I remember someone saying if there is no CBA then there would be no draft and essentially teams can talk to all players. Would this be the year or would it be the 2011 year?
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #754
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Did two people write this post? You seemed to conflict yourself a couple of times there
No see you misunderstood him.....he's saying that we made a bad hire cause Zorn is not a good HC but he's willing to live with it if Cerrato has to stay.

Ya know what...it still sounds conflicted.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:40 PM   #755
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I just can't live with status quo unless we were an above 500 team.

If there is no CBA/CAP does that mean this year is the year when teams will not have to worry about a draft? Basically teams could talk to all the college kids and the kid gets to decide who he would want to play for vs. getting picked like a draft?

I ask cause I remember someone saying if there is no CBA then there would be no draft and essentially teams can talk to all players. Would this be the year or would it be the 2011 year?
That would be for the 2012 draft
Old 12-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #756
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
That would be for the 2012 draft
Ok thank you.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #757
redsk1
The Starter

Quote:

No, the Zorn hire was not a great hire IMO. However, we've got him, he seems to have gelled a little w/ S. Lewis lately. If VC, is still our "gm" or whatever he is, I'm ok w/ keeping Zorn on vs VC hiring someone else. We've already established that alot of highly qualified coaches wouldn't work under VC, so that would leave us w/ a coach who might be a little desperate to get back in the NFL (like a Fassel, Billick, Mariucci). I'd rather keep Zorn, that's what i'm saying. Hope that makes sense.

Maybe i should just say, i don't trust VC in making a competent hire.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:45 PM   #758
53Fan
Franchise Player

I'd keep the Coaching staff as it is other than maybe replace Blache with Gray. We're playing well now for whatever reason. Why break it up, it's working. Maybe the players are getting the offense now.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #759
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

here ya go man The Official Blog of Chris Cooley
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:48 PM   #760
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Thanks C! Cooley makes how he feels about the staff, JC, and some others known on his blog, including playing with FD.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #761
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Thanks C! Cooley makes how he feels about Zorn, JC, and some others known on his blog.
Don't know about Zorn, but he's got a great pic of Megan Fox further down, so it was worth checking out the link.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #762
Larry Michael is Satan
Special Teams

If Bill Cowher goes to Carolina, I wouldn't mind seeing John Fox coach the Skins.
Larry Michael is Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #763
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Don't know about Zorn, but he's got a great pic of Megan Fox further down, so it was worth checking out the link.
Thanks for the tip. How'd I miss that? Wow! Well when he talks about the guys rallying and playing under this coaching staff, I took that to include Zorn.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:13 AM   #764
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Lets say that we get Shanahan, according to Peter King (sometimes right/sometimes not right) he says that
• ANOTHER GREAT QUESTION. From Ben of Bowie, Md.: "Peter, I'm a Skins fan with no delusions -- Jim Zorn is getting the axe at the end of the season. But with the Skins playing competitive football, what do you think are the chances of other elements of the team staying intact? Greg Blache's defense and Jason Campbell come to mind.''

Well, I'll tell you this -- if Mike Shanahan gets the job, he's bringing Bob Slowik in as defensive coordinator, and I'm pretty sure he'll use a draft choice to pick and then develop his long-term quarterback. But I could see another coach, an offensive-minded coach, keeping Blache, who is an excellent coach with the strong backing of his men.

Campbell? Very good question. He's shown excellent progress in the last month. But my feeling is the 'Skins will move on from him. They have an itchy quarterback trigger finger. They wanted Jay Cutler. They wanted Mark Sanchez. With a good crop of your passers available come April, I think they'll want one of the young kids.

I was wondering who the hell this Bob Slowik guy is, and if he can keep our defense at the top in the NFL like we are with Blache, or is he a very conservative DC?
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #765
Rajmahal33
Special Teams

Honestly, I don't know who I want or who the skins NEED as our DC, OC, or Head Coach. This is exactly why I KNOW that the smartest thing we can do is hire someone who does know these things. Hiring a real GM should be our top priority, PERIOD...all other player, personnel, or scheming discussions should be secondary.

I do have an idea of who I want to be the owner. I had a crazy, far-fetched dream last night that Dan Snyder decided to sell the team to...the city of DC (with decision making responsibilities going to Joe Gibbs). I know this has a snowball's chance in hell of happening but its fun to wonder...

(Note: I once had a dream that Peyton Manning was traded to the Skins)