Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 03-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #751
MTK
\m/

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Hate how people treat parking lots like race tracks. Slow the F down a-hole, you never know when a kid could dart out from between cars. Or how about when you're backing out of a spot, you're half way or more out, and some dick who can't wait and goes around you.

Advertisements
Old 03-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #752
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Hate how people treat parking lots like race tracks. Slow the F down a-hole, you never know when a kid could dart out from between cars. Or how about when you're backing out of a spot, you're half way or more out, and some dick who can't wait and goes around you.
This happens to me a lot. I was wondering if I was backing out of a spot and some douchenozzle comes speeding by and clips me or hits me while I'm actively backing out... Who's fault is that? Mine or theirs?

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #753
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Preach! I hate parking lots for that reason. I'm also terrified when driving in parking garages especially because people are crazy
Old 03-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #754
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So you saying he should have parked on the island?
no, he should have seen me there with my turn signal on and respected it, he should not have slithered into the spot while i was being blocked by the car backing up, vacating the spot
Old 03-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #755
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
This happens to me a lot. I was wondering if I was backing out of a spot and some douchenozzle comes speeding by and clips me or hits me while I'm actively backing out... Who's fault is that? Mine or theirs?
very good question, i hope i never have to find out
Old 03-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #756
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Preach! I hate parking lots for that reason. I'm also terrified when driving in parking garages especially because people are crazy
I hear that. I've been involved in several near accidents at the Franconia-Springfield metro station when I was backing out of a parking space and someone decided to gun it up the middle without checking for people backing out. Parking lots in general suck.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #757
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Unless you have the damages and witnesses that can prove the other person was speeding through the parking lot the fault is on the person backing out.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #758
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Unless you have the damages and witnesses that can prove the other person was speeding through the parking lot the fault is on the person backing out.
and unless they have witnesses you can say you weren't backing out, you were just slowly and safely driving through the lot when he pulled out of a spot and hit you
Old 03-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #759
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I was pulling into the parking garage at work and standing right by the arm that lets people in and out are about 20 pedestrians I almost dismembered. It's a blind turn into the parking garage and they were standing maybe 7 feet inside. How stupid are people, there is literally a park right above their heads where they can gather to talk. Then looked at me as if I were the asshole for wanting to drive through. Why are people so oblivious to being spatial aware and no concept of being courteous to other people.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #760
MTK
\m/

I recently got a new car that has a backup camera and sensors, let me tell you these are some of the best things ever invented for a car. When you're backing up if another car comes along, the sensors go off. It also has blind spot sensors that are awesome on the highway. That way you know anytime a moron is riding in your blind spot. Stuff like this should be standard.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #761
los panda
Pro Bowl

that, and like in japan(? i could be wrong) where they have cameras in front and back recording all. i believe the concept is to better sort out insurance claims
Old 03-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #762
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
and unless they have witnesses you can say you weren't backing out, you were just slowly and safely driving through the lot when he pulled out of a spot and hit you
Well when you have damage on your rear bumper and fender its hard to say its the other guys fault. Claims adjuster have heard every story in the books and they know how to look at the damages and see who is telling the truth. For example. When they see a dent and with the dent there a scractches they can tell the direction the car was traveling by those scratches.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #763
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Well when you have damage on your rear bumper and fender its hard to say its the other guys fault. Claims adjuster have heard every story in the books and they know how to look at the damages and see who is telling the truth. For example. When they see a dent and with the dent there a scractches they can tell the direction the car was traveling by those scratches.
the direction i get, that's why you have to say he was pulling out of a spot instead of a straight up rear ender. i had to stop as a child ran out from behind an suv, but the guy pulled out of his spot and must not have been careful as he turned into my bumper
Old 03-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #764
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I recently got a new car that has a backup camera and sensors, let me tell you these are some of the best things ever invented for a car. When you're backing up if another car comes along, the sensors go off. It also has blind spot sensors that are awesome on the highway. That way you know anytime a moron is riding in your blind spot. Stuff like this should be standard.
I find the sensors to be more usefully then the camera. The camera in my wife's car just confuses me, seems unnatural to look at the dash when backing up.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #765
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I find the sensors to be more usefully then the camera. The camera in my wife's car just confuses me, seems unnatural to look at the dash when backing up.
Mine is in the rearview mirror, perfect spot for it.

I can understand where looking down wouldn't be ideal.