Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Let's talk good beer

Parking Lot

Old 06-26-2015, 03:47 PM   #751
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: Let's talk good beer

Bells has a tasting at Canton Wine and Liquor today (tasting just sounds weird re beer .. meh)

they said they do not have Hopslam and they are hoping that if they get in good w Bells they "might be allocated some". WTF, i hate this crap. like we have to beg and kiss a breweries ass to get a case or 2.

so it appears that Md will not be getting a steady supply of Hopslam.

I really hate when breweries low produce their signature beers. maybe its a hops/supply issue but i think its more trying to keep supply low to stay sought after.

i am thankful we get 2 hearted, lagunitas sucks, union jack, sculpin and a few others consistently.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-27-2015, 10:49 AM   #752
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Bells has a tasting at Canton Wine and Liquor today (tasting just sounds weird re beer .. meh)

they said they do not have Hopslam and they are hoping that if they get in good w Bells they "might be allocated some". WTF, i hate this crap. like we have to beg and kiss a breweries ass to get a case or 2.

so it appears that Md will not be getting a steady supply of Hopslam.

I really hate when breweries low produce their signature beers. maybe its a hops/supply issue but i think its more trying to keep supply low to stay sought after.

i am thankful we get 2 hearted, lagunitas sucks, union jack, sculpin and a few others consistently.
Hopslam is a seasonal that comes out in January or February. It is normally gone from the shelves within a month and if you find some after a month its already past its prime. Hopslam is allocated by the amount of Bells that is sold per store. If they sell alot they get more hopslam. I would bet come the 2016 release you will see it pop up in MD.
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:51 AM   #753
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yeah sweetwater 420 is a staple...looking for something new. Havent had the Flying dog in awhile, gonna remember to grab that next time.

Has anybody ever had this brewery, Maine Beer Company?
Our Beers | Maine Beer Company

Ive heard they super dankness and have a strong lineup. I need to try these.
Maine beer is awesome. Peeper and Mo are awesome pale ales.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:55 AM   #754
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Maine distributes in MD but only on rare occassions can you find Lunch and you can never find Dinner. there are 3-4 types you can find on a MD shelf 365 but i havent tried any yet like a fuzzy nurple and some other red rose (are these sours?). the perfect pour got a shipment of Lunch in a few weeks ago, i called a few days after and it was already gone. the Lunch is really really good.

it sounds like i need to circle back around to sweetwater. i had it a few times a few years ago, i liked it but didnt love it. maybe i need to give it another go.

chico - try Great Divides english bitter beer. i forget the name they call it. real good beer that leaves the mouth feeling fresh and clean after, which is what i look for in a summer beer. clean, crisp and refreshing.

BD - i hope they bottle it, if it was the same IPA i had. i literally had a plastic shot of it so it is real hard to tell.
Fuzzy Nurple? Red Rose?
Old 06-27-2015, 02:31 PM   #755
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinMike View Post
Just scored both.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:30 AM   #756
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I was a little disappointed...I thought mo finished with a sour taste and peeper was the better of the two. Beer store guy say the mean ole Tom the stout was by far and away the best they did and said I should try the lunch next as well.

Otm I didn't see the English bitter.

He Gets Us
Old 06-28-2015, 10:10 AM   #757
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I was a little disappointed...I thought mo finished with a sour taste and peeper was the better of the two. Beer store guy say the mean ole Tom the stout was by far and away the best they did and said I should try the lunch next as well.

Otm I didn't see the English bitter.
Were they fresh? They should be drunk within 90 days of bottling. The date is on the side of the bottle. There are a lot of outdated bottles out there.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:42 AM   #758
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Were they fresh? They should be drunk within 90 days of bottling. The date is on the side of the bottle. There are a lot of outdated bottles out there.
6/2 for the mo...and late April for the peepers...they were sold as bombers. They didn't have six packs.

He Gets Us
Old 06-29-2015, 05:01 PM   #759
over the mountain
Playmaker

Chico mentions maine on friday.

I walk into my beer store friday night and they have bottles of maine lunch! at $9.99 a bottle it is kinda cost prohibitive but I bought 3. dob was 6-5-15. they also had a bottle of "another one" which i have never seen before and got a bottle of that. it was good.

i really really like Lunch. imo one of the best beers you can find in MD, if you can find it. seems like it is coming around more. i wonder if Maine is increasing dist in md.

chico - i usually get GD's english bitter when it comes in variety 12 packs (if the 12 also includes Lasso or Titan). in md, GD selection has really gone up. now i can get about 6 diff selections from GD off the shelf.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:47 PM   #760
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Chico mentions maine on friday.

I walk into my beer store friday night and they have bottles of maine lunch! at $9.99 a bottle it is kinda cost prohibitive but I bought 3. dob was 6-5-15. they also had a bottle of "another one" which i have never seen before and got a bottle of that. it was good.

i really really like Lunch. imo one of the best beers you can find in MD, if you can find it. seems like it is coming around more. i wonder if Maine is increasing dist in md.

chico - i usually get GD's english bitter when it comes in variety 12 packs (if the 12 also includes Lasso or Titan). in md, GD selection has really gone up. now i can get about 6 diff selections from GD off the shelf.
Lunch is brewed every 3 months. They were only sending it our way every 6 but it has been bumped into regular circulation. I don't for see Dinner anytime soon but who knows.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:31 PM   #761
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Drinking a Bell's Oberon as we speak. I love the cloudiness. Not big into wheat beers, but this one drinks nicely. I love Two Hearted. It'll be nice to have a consistent supply of Bell's in MD now. Also got 2 bombers of Heavy Seas/Yards Philtimore. English style Pale Ale. It'll be a nice change of pace from the hoppy beers I've been sucking down lately.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:54 AM   #762
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Lunch is brewed every 3 months. They were only sending it our way every 6 but it has been bumped into regular circulation. I don't for see Dinner anytime soon but who knows.
thanks for the info Mike. good the know. where do you hear/learn all this stuff?

BD - yes, its nice to have bells and 2 hearted around now. maybe founders and deschutes will come to MD next? they dist in DC like bells.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:47 AM   #763
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
BD - yes, its nice to have bells and 2 hearted around now. maybe founders and deschutes will come to MD next? they dist in DC like bells.
Supposedly Founders will be in MD by year's end. There is another "big" brewery (Might have been Three Floyds) that was supposed to be here around the time Founders is coming. From my understanding, it was a package deal for those 3 to come to MD.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:06 PM   #764
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Here in Va my beer store guy and I were talking Saturday about the awesomeness which is Avery Brewery, specifically this: The Maharaja - Avery Brewing Company and this: duganA - Avery Brewing Company.

He was mentioning how Maharaja didnt show up this last round due to his store to distribution disputes. I dont understand all of it but he was saying that Avery distribution company had recently been sold and Avery might have to pull out the market here.

I really hate stuff like this and this isnt the first time. We have loss Great Divide and Sweetwater for years, only for them to return at a later date.

Its beer, its important, i need it available to me. Im willing to go 15 miles away from where I reside to get a 6 pack of something I can only find there and pay $14.00 or $10 for a bomber in some cases. Im certainly not the only one in doing this, so there is demand. So WTF?

He Gets Us
Old 06-30-2015, 09:41 PM   #765
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
Supposedly Founders will be in MD by year's end. There is another "big" brewery (Might have been Three Floyds) that was supposed to be here around the time Founders is coming. From my understanding, it was a package deal for those 3 to come to MD.
Founders has been working on MD for years now. They have wanted more control to be able to deal with freshness and price gouging on their special beers and the distributors here have told them to fuck off. I don't think the other brewery is Three Floyds. They are only available in 5 states(IL, IN, KY, OH and WI) I just can't see MD as the next in line.