Redskins vs. Giants Official Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-30-2008, 09:35 PM   #751
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Re: Redskins vs. Giants Official Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I really want to know where our WR's are, every time the ball was in the air 3 defenders were there. Can't anyone get open? I don't see how that is JC's fault, but I don't know, because how all the receivers look down the field. Really that was a disappointing loss.
Has anyone else noticed that when Jason gets sacked or hit and the camera pans to the wideouts, 9 out of 10 times they're blanketed? I am sure Jason has missed a bunch of open wide receivers, but it seems like our wideouts aren't getting free.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2008, 09:49 PM   #752
Meks
Pro Bowl

he has missed a bunch of open ppl, which is beat.. its the pressure half the time tho
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:05 PM   #753
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I do think you should start offering temporary bans to those who can't analyze a game without first blaming the quarterback. I'm not talking about the people who have (correctly) pointed out that Jason Campbell has not had a good 4 game stretch, or the people who suggest that we might want to get deeper at the position in the off-season. I'm talking about the people who think he hasn't had a good season and looks like a bust.

I'm all for dissenting opinion, but making crap up IMO need not be tolerated.

My favorite was the guy who suggested Campbell should be benched because he was "only average". By definition, admitting that he's better than 15-16 starting QBs in the NFL, but then suggesting that we need to find someone better amongst Colt Brennan and Todd Collins.
you gotta be shitting me,ban people for their opinon because you dont agree with it?
better ban me because i dont agree with you
Old 11-30-2008, 10:25 PM   #754
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
I do think you should start offering temporary bans to those who can't analyze a game without first blaming the quarterback. I'm not talking about the people who have (correctly) pointed out that Jason Campbell has not had a good 4 game stretch, or the people who suggest that we might want to get deeper at the position in the off-season. I'm talking about the people who think he hasn't had a good season and looks like a bust.

I'm all for dissenting opinion, but making crap up IMO need not be tolerated.

My favorite was the guy who suggested Campbell should be benched because he was "only average". By definition, admitting that he's better than 15-16 starting QBs in the NFL, but then suggesting that we need to find someone better amongst Colt Brennan and Todd Collins.
I think banning ppl for this would be pretty ridiculous. I mean we're in a frustrating stretch of the season, and people will say naive statements out of frustration.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:27 PM   #755
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMsexyAO View Post
Sorry Sean... redskins just spit on your memory 2 years in a row
Pretty classless and ignorant thing to say.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:35 PM   #756
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think banning ppl for this would be pretty ridiculous. I mean we're in a frustrating stretch of the season, and people will say naive statements out of frustration.
What I'm saying is that the same people who need to make stuff up in order to make a point aren't the people who are adding any sort of value to the site.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:36 PM   #757
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
you gotta be shitting me,ban people for their opinon because you dont agree with it?
better ban me because i dont agree with you
Yeah, uh, that's not what I said at all.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:40 PM   #758
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think what GTripp is getting at is that people talk out of their ass and can't back up their statements with anything substantial. I think we all know Jason Campbell isn't Hall of Fame material (yet), but he's no Ryan Leaf either, no matter how badly some people want to make it out to be.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:48 PM   #759
prinzeofmoval
Special Teams

Hate to say i told you so about our boy Campbell but oh well. Can't blame him totally though because the play calling was terrible also. The O-line couldn't keep anybody out of the backfield so its not entirely Campbells fault but he does make it easy with these easy dink and dunk passes
Old 11-30-2008, 11:15 PM   #760
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzeofmoval View Post
Hate to say i told you so about our boy Campbell but oh well.
We should have listened to you and thrown Brennan into the fire. We all know every late round rookie QB is a Tom Brady.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:32 PM   #761
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Yeah, uh, that's not what I said at all.
I think you need to reread your post because thats exactly what you said,in your opinion people need to be banned for their opinion,they may not have exact facts to back it up,BUT ITS THEIR OPINION
as far as this qoute goes
"My favorite was the guy who suggested Campbell should be benched because he was "only average". By definition, admitting that he's better than 15-16 starting QBs in the NFL, but then suggesting that we need to find someone better amongst Colt Brennan and Todd Collins."

I believe TC beat the giants in NY last yr

"Collins led the Redskins on five scoring drives in his first start in 10 years, outplaying Eli Manning in a 22-10 victory that put a little doubt into the New York Giants' once seemingly certain road to the postseason"

am I saying TC is better than JC,it doesnt matter,its just my opinion
plus theres 32 teams in the nfl,by definition,if JC is 17th among them,thats pretty damn average
Right now hes ranked 12th in qb rating,but there 8 guys behind him that I would take over him,JC's 3 spots ahead of Peyton Manning,I'm not sure what to say about that

I dont mean to get into it with you,I usually agree with 99 percent of your post,I think were all just frustrated because the playoffs are slipping away when it looked like we had it made,I just think to suggest handing out bans for peoples opinions is not the right thing to do
Old 12-01-2008, 12:42 AM   #762
prinzeofmoval
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
We should have listened to you and thrown Brennan into the fire. We all know every late round rookie QB is a Tom Brady.
Lol funny...But like i said we can't fully blame Campbell. Yet if Colt isn't afraid to throw it pass 6 yards then he has my vote.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:19 PM   #763
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMsexyAO View Post
Sorry Sean... redskins just spit on your memory 2 years in a row
Stupid, asinine comment.

All this does is prove how much Sean meant to us as a player. He would have greatly helped the team on the field this week...and every week.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:20 PM   #764
CooleyFanOV
Camp Scrub

I said that JC is just average, and I stand behind what I said. Not every above average QB in history has had a great offensive line. One that gave the QB 5 or more seconds to throw the ball. JC has proven time and time again that when he is pressured he folds up like a cheap lawn chair. He cant scramble, he does has a little sucess running when the whole middle of the field opens up. He has no skill at extending a play. Our recievers have about 3 seconds to get open, if they dont get open in three seconds the play is over. The staff know this, thats why we see so many slants and screens. Now its not all JC'S fault. The play calling does not play to his strenghts. Hes athlectic, weres the bootleg? We never see it! It would extend the play a few more seconds. Why dont we keep these stellar defenses off balance with the hurry up. No one knows!!!! Its because JC cant handle the offense he has now much less take on more. I never said That Colt was the answer...What I said was when the playoff run is over, let the rookies have it to see what we have....Im not frustrated, Im a lifelong skins fan. Im used to the ups and downs. At this point I would rather see us play at our level rather then overachieve and get caught up a year from now with the same talent holding our jocks and saying "We thought we were a better team". Lets find out what we have now. Im sorry if im off base, its possible (propable). Its my opinion and I take this shit to bed with me every night every week and I cant wait for next sunday!
Although these are trying times..I'm actually happy to be right here, right now with the Redskins. I'm standing by our owner. Joe Gibbs instilled Dan Snyder with the tools to do the right thing. We will return to the glory days!
CooleyFanOV is offline   Reply With Quote