Merged: The Movies Thread

Parking Lot

Old 01-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #736
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
I was thinking about that -- there's a group of actors right now who seem only to play themselves, i.e., Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Jennifer Aniston, and even Jack Nicholson -- they all seem to take the same role over and over.

As for "Moon" that looked interesting too, but then I saw one of the trailers and it looked like they basically gave away the surprise... I hate it when they do that.
Jack is so good he doesnt bother me,Owen Wilson is such a likeable guy to me that he doesnt bother me either

Advertisements
Old 01-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #737
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Basterds was one of my favorite movies of the year. Excellent movie. One of the best of the last decade imo.

Ditto and I liked the captioning I think it was done well. OTM may need his eyes checked.

The scene in the downstairs bar is one of the most intense scenes ever.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:40 PM   #738
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
bought inglorious bastards a few weeks ago, finally got to watch it the other night.

im a huge tarantino (sp?) fan and heard good things about bastards but it didnt meet my expectations.

one of the problems i had was reading the subtitles. the yellow coloring placed on teh bottom of the picture screen instead of the letterbox made it hard to read for about half the scenes. and i watch alot of subtitle movies.

the plot fizzled for me too.

oh well.
It wasnt nearly as gory as i thought it was going to be,I thought there would be more Germans tortured and bloodied.I'm not dissapoiinted that there wasnt,just surprised.
I know most movies are fiction but i couldnt get past the ending {SPOILER ALERT!!} since you know who doesnt really die in real life
Old 01-14-2010, 02:58 PM   #739
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
You know as much as I love guns in video games, I have zero interest in shooting them for real. By the way I'm loving the ACR right now. It's a beast.

Same here I don't like things around me that cause instant death. You know guns, rattle snakes, great white sharks, etc...
Old 01-15-2010, 04:44 PM   #740
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Basterds was one of my favorite movies of the year. Excellent movie. One of the best of the last decade imo.
basterds was a good movie and im going to watch it again but it wasnt in the same class as the kill bills, dogs, pulp fiction etc.

the jew bear scene had intensity and tarantino drew out the tension really nicely like the underground bar scene. but idk man, it just didnt register as high of a level with me as tarantinos past movies.

and i do need my eyes checked, had my left eye smashed in and reconstructed so when ever im watching a game or movies with subtitle i cant read the score and all that annoying stuff.

i figured basterds was a sure fire movie for me so i bought it before seeing it, dont know how i came away alil disappointed.

i normaly stay away from the avatar-transformer type movies but you guys have piqued my interest.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:32 AM   #741
itvnetop
Playmaker

Book of Eli was pretty entertaining- flawed, but looked cool (Hughes brothers have a really keen sense of style).

The better version of this film was my favorite movie of 09- The Road.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:59 AM   #742
12thMan
MVP

Avatar was simply awesome. I think I saw it around Christmas day and I want to see it again at an IMAX.

Up In The Air was a great flick too. Great storyline. George Clooney might get an Oscar nod for this one.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:16 AM   #743
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Watched hurt Locker, awesome movie a must see.

for our MW 2 fans there are a lot guns in the movie that are in the game, kind of neat. I am not big into guns so if I didn't play MW 2 would not know half of them.

Also there is a small Redskin's cameo, see if you can spot it.
just finished watching it,yeah I spotted the redskins poster.
The ending kind of threw me,did that guy reenlist again?
as far as the movie goes,war is hell,so glad i'm not over there.Cant thank the soldiers enough who put their life on the line to do that shit
Old 01-17-2010, 01:01 AM   #744
KLHJ2
Inactive

The preview sparked flashbacks and PTSD. It will take me some time to watch that one. Minus some obvious flaws it looks pretty good.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:30 AM   #745
mredskins
Gamebreaker

tomorrow, MLK, is my day off but no one else in my household has it off and my son's daycare is open. It maybe my favorite holiday, whole day to myself.

I usually catch a movie in the afternoon, deciding what to see either Daybreakers or Book of Eli. Hmmmm....
Old 01-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #746
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Watched hurt Locker, awesome movie a must see.

for our MW 2 fans there are a lot guns in the movie that are in the game, kind of neat. I am not big into guns so if I didn't play MW 2 would not know half of them.

Also there is a small Redskin's cameo, see if you can spot it.
I just saw The Hurt Locker the other day when it came out on Redbox and I gotta say I loved it. The entire time I was sitting there watching I was thinking, how is he going to react once he gets back home, and I figured he would probably go back for another tour. I really believe that when soldiers get used to life overseas in countries like Afghanistan and Iraq, well when their time is up you can't really get used to civilian life back home so the best thing for them is to do what they know and that's go back overseas.

But on a diff. note it was a really good movie. And if I was in their spot, I'd probably do the same thing too. I don't know how I could go home and live a civilian life with my wife and kid when my job is defusing bombs in countries where half the bystanders want you to die and you have to see the bloodshed and horrible things firsthand.

As for Inglorious Basterds, I loved it. It had everything I liked in it. There was humor, gore, bloodshed (final scene really makes up for lack of it throughout the course of the movie), suspense, it was one of the best flicks that I've seen in a while. I bought it on Blu-Ray first day it came out lol.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #747
KLHJ2
Inactive

Looks funny

KICK-ASS - In Theaters April 16
Old 01-18-2010, 11:06 PM   #748
KLHJ2
Inactive

I just finished watching "The Blind Side". That movie was freaking incredible. I hate to admit it but I was crying like a woman on a steady dose of estrogen. It is not your typical sports film, it's a story about life. This is the first Sandra Bullock movie I have ever liked. It is definately a must see even if you aren't a sports fan. I earnd kudos from my wife for making her watch this and she hates sports.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:19 PM   #749
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
I just finished watching "The Blind Side". That movie was freaking incredible. I hate to admit it but I was crying like a woman on a steady dose of estrogen. It is not your typical sports film, it's a story about life. This is the first Sandra Bullock movie I have ever liked. It is definately a must see even if you aren't a sports fan. I earnd kudos from my wife for making her watch this and she hates sports.
I'm so mad at myself for not going to see it yet. I've gotta go this week. It probably won't be out in theaters much longer.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #750
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Finally saw The Hangover this past Saturday night. I'm glad I own it because I'd like to watch it again to catch the subtleties I didn't see. It was definitely funny, and worthy of it's Golden Globe for Best Comedy.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote